IGNORED

2020 Masters (Patron-Free)

2 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

They mentioned drones many times on the broadcast....pretty sure they were drone shots.

I think they’re using cable cams on some holes, but not on all of them for sure, nowhere for the cables to go. Pretty sure there is a camera on a cable on #16, though. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone else enjoy the sight of BDC being driven back to the tee to reload as much as I do?

Lee Elder to serve as honorary starter at 2021 Masters Lee Elder, the first Black golfer to compete in the Masters, will be an honorary starter for the 2021 tournament. Additionally, Aug

As long as I hear ‘ and another birdie for Tiger’ I don’t need any crowds. 😃

Posted Images

4 bogeys all week. Previous lowest for a week was 5. Conditions were as easy as they have ever been at Augusta but it there are always bogeys out there to be made. DJ was about as mistake free as he could be while still playing aggressive enough to set the scoring record. Yesterday’s round with fairways and GIR was one of the best rounds I’ve ever seen. He shot a fairly easy 68 today. Fantastic week!

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Im is a steady player. Doesn’t seem to get phased, but has had a few pulls that have cost him.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

Not enough personality?

He looks like a gas station attendant and his head and neck are about 17x bigger than would fit his body

17 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Love DJ. He might be the dumbest badass in sports.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, DewSweeper09 said:

DJ is playing unconscious and will break the record today 

I think the record gets an asterisk, not the win.

4 hours ago, khalespace said:

These are not drone shots. They are skycams on cables.

They use both this week.

8 hours ago, Beastie said:

Is the 12th at Augusta the best par 3 in golf??

I don’t get it. It’s just like 17 at the TPC it should be the easiest hole on the course. I played it a couple times as a 17 handicap and I’m -1 under. Just gets in the pros heads somehow 

Edited by VOX

I realize this may be an unpopular opinion but I really like that there were no fans.  Got a very different view of the course without the fairways and greens lined by throngs of fans.

Yes, if I could go on person I would, in a heartbeat. But to watch on TV I prefer no fans.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

The course was never softer.

So, do you also put an asterisk by Zach Johnson's win in 2007 because it was played in a hurricane (mild exaggeration)? 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

So, do you also put an asterisk by Zach Johnson's win in 2007 because it was played in a hurricane (mild exaggeration)? 

No. It wasn’t this soft and it was played in April.

I told you it wasn’t about the win, just the scoring.

These really aren’t that bad, but still entertaining:

1 minute ago, iacas said:

No. It wasn’t this soft and it was played in April.

I told you it wasn’t about the win, just the scoring.

To this point - when Tiger was -18 in 1997, the next closest player was at -6. -20 is nice, but it’s not winning by 12. 

• Like 2

I enjoyed watching today and I liked it without the fans. It was nice not to have some drunk yelling "In the hooooole" on every other shot. It is a visually beautiful course and it was nice to see what felt like more golf than commercials.

Impressed with DJ's play and he seemed a very gracious and thankful winner. Good for him. Also great play by Sungjae and Cameron. Though they couldn't reach DJ they did hang in well under the pressure, I thought. Also, kudos to the low AM Ogletree. It must have been great to play at the Masters with Tiger and make the cut to play on the weekend. A dream come true. Good job!