IGNORED

Has COVID-19 Affected Your Golf?

dennyjones
Note: This thread is 1481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been planning to go on a trip in May. Might still do it but drive instead of fly - we'll see. 

I've only played one round on the year, last weekend. Really depends mostly on the weather. It's easy enough to stay away from other people out on the course. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

probably a terrible place in terms of spreading disease.

The HVAC systems pump a ton of fresh air into the dome to keep it inflated. Warmer air coming out of the respiratory system will rise buoyantly. Very few people per cubic foot. Probably extremely safe play as far as indoor establishments.

16 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

The HVAC systems pump a ton of fresh air into the dome to keep it inflated. Warmer air coming out of the respiratory system will rise buoyantly. Very few people per cubic foot. Probably extremely safe play as far as indoor establishments.

All right! Guess who gets to go to the golf dome, lol

Just received an email an hour ago. Our club has cancelled the Member/Guest Tournament scheduled in April. With guests arriving from all over the country, and coming into a "high-risk" elderly retirement community, the golf committee felt it best to cancel.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

My beloved city golf department just sent us the following message:

City of Dayton Division of Golf

You’re likely following the news related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The health and safety of our community, staff and patrons remain our top priority.  We are following the guidelines and procedures provided by the City of Dayton, Montgomery County Public Health and the State of Ohio in addition to taking extra steps to provide a safe environment for our golfers. Like you, we’re learning each day as we continue to monitor this ever-changing situation.

At this time all Golf Courses are open.  We are taking appropriate measures to ensure health and safety by increasing cleaning and sanitation practices in our ProShop, restaurants, locker rooms and golf carts. 

We ask that our patrons assist us in our efforts to ensure proper health and safety of all by:

• Staying home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others
  • Wash your hands frequently
  • Practice safe social distancing
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth
  • Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I just received essentially the same email from my golf course.  Golf, among sports right now, is one of the healthiest and safest activities left to us.  But don't touch that flagstick!

Good thing they changed the rule about putting with the flagsticks in. 

• Upvote 1

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Played this morning, 81 BTW. The only thing i noticed on course is a couple guys asking to shake vs offering their hand. Everybody i saw shook hands. Flag stick was handled normally, though I made it a point to use my gloved hand. No idea if it matters or not.

Things were a bit more noticeable inside. They printed off single use paper menus. There were no condiment containers, everything was paper salt/sugar packets and the plastic packets of ketchup etc. There were many signs about with the behind the scenes measures that were being taken, even the range balls got a Lysol bath before heading back out. I dare say its the cleanest the clubhouse has been in 20 years.

Oh, and only 1 roll of TP in each stall.........

• Thumbs Up 1

Just to outline the seriousness of the situation. 

the gist is the number of obituaries a month ago and yesterday in the same newspaper in Bergamo  

1 hour ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

Played this morning, 81 BTW. The only thing i noticed on course is a couple guys asking to shake vs offering their hand. Everybody i saw shook hands. Flag stick was handled normally, though I made it a point to use my gloved hand. No idea if it matters or not.

Things were a bit more noticeable inside. They printed off single use paper menus. There were no condiment containers, everything was paper salt/sugar packets and the plastic packets of ketchup etc. There were many signs about with the behind the scenes measures that were being taken, even the range balls got a Lysol bath before heading back out. I dare say its the cleanest the clubhouse has been in 20 years.

Oh, and only 1 roll of TP in each stall.........

Okay, here's a good one.  I just got back from the range at the golf course.  Mats... still too wet to hit off the grass.  A pro shop guy was up there removing every other mat... to keep users separated more so than before.  Fresh air.  Circulating.  Social distancing gone too far???  (Not to mention, he took my favorite mat!)

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Social distancing gone too far?

No. Not IMO.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

it will definitely affect how much i go to the range in the short term.  I find at the range, people just cough away with little care for covering their mouths.  maybe people will be more conscious of that now.  I played my first round of the year last week, which had an hour frost delay, and only 9 of the 18 holes open.  I hope to actually use this time to play more golf, as I feel it might be easier than normal to get a tee time.  or harder, i dunno which lol

3-pw 2007 callaway x-forged
56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16
Shoes - Etonic stabilite sport

• Administrator

Going to play tomorrow. Tee time is at 11. Cold in Erie, so going a little south.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, Killa said:

Just to outline the seriousness of the situation

80% of infections will be mild to no symptoms. It’s serious for certain people yes. But for the vast majority of people it’s flu like symptoms. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 minutes ago, downbylaw11 said:

it will definitely affect how much i go to the range in the short term.  I find at the range, people just cough away with little care for covering their mouths.  maybe people will be more conscious of that now.  I played my first round of the year last week, which had an hour frost delay, and only 9 of the 18 holes open.  I hope to actually use this time to play more golf, as I feel it might be easier than normal to get a tee time.  or harder, i dunno which lol

Today in the golf dome some dude and his wife came to the bay next to me.

Not only did he over Coach his poor wife (total beginner), but he was openly coughing and hacking away. I thought that if you had any sickness, you were supposed to stay home.

I moved to a new bay right away. Everyone else seemed to behave

Just now, Slim_Pivot said:

Today in the golf dome some dude and his wife came to the bay next to me.

Not only did he over Coach his poor wife (total beginner), but he was openly coughing and hacking away. I thought that if you had any sickness, you were supposed to stay home.

I moved to a new bay right away. Everyone else seemed to behave

It could be that he has been tested for COVID 19 and didn't have it. Unlikely, but possible. Definitely rude either way.

Edited by Bonvivant
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Mid to upper 50s this week and sunny in western WA. Time to get some golf in!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Note: This thread is 1481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!