IGNORED

Has COVID-19 Affected Your Golf?

dennyjones
Note: This thread is 1469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

While the virus has just reach Michigan, it hasn't had any affect on the golf season because we are in the winter depression.    The Governor declared a state of emergency yesterday.   I was going to take Chinese food to my mother-in-law at the nursing home today and received a phone call saying the nursing home is closed to all visitors.   

There is talk about sporting events being played w/o fans at the professional level.  It already has affected college sports.  I believe the IVY league cancelled their basketball tournament.  Many colleges are sending kids home to do work online.   

1.  Has the Coronavirus affected you

2.  Do you think it will affect your golf game?

• Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

1. No

2. Can't get much worse...  LOL 

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

1. No, the Coronavirus has not affected me...yet. There are a few cases two counties away from me, though, but I’m not worried yet.

2. Heck no. Unless I have it, and I really feel bad, I will be out there on the course, either playing or practicing.

• Thumbs Up 1

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

It has cut my ski season short by a month (on top of a MCL injury) to avoid Spring break crowds. I am just about to start my golf season - got a few golf trips planned for the next 4 months to AZ, CA and HI and will likely cancel them because I don’t really want to travel until we know more about the virus. 

Local Costco/Target are out of toilet paper and cleaning supplies. We don’t have any confirmed cases in NM yet but it will just be a matter of time.

I don’t think it will affect my golf game unless I get sick. But since I am not sharing my clubs and I have my own golf cart, I will likely just avoid crowds at the clubhouse. At this point, I am more worried about my MCL injury than Covid-19 affecting my game.

Edited by FlyingAce

No.

No.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Not on golf....my 401 however....angry the simpsons GIF

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Timely topic. I just got an e-mail from my agency that we should be prepare to go to full telework at any time. So, it hasn't affected me personally yet, but it probably will soon.

I expect that it will have some, but probably a minimal, effect on golf. I would expect that municipal courses will close if city governments decide to shut down or go to working from home. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

No and No. I actually talked with a doctor yesterday about his thoughts on this. He stated that a normally healthy person will not likely even realize they have it. You might have a scratchy throat or a slight cough. The real concerns are nursing homes and individuals with an already compromised immune system. So, I am not concerned unless the CDC comes out and tells me that it is much worse than what was originally thought.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

In the salt mines right now and nothing is keeping people from seeking more proverbial salt at this time. ... That said, our local universities are going to "remote classes" apparently and local officials are giving our major sporting events the hairy eyeball.

I'm going to be really pissed if I get out of busy season and can't play golf because we're in some sort of freako quarantine situation.

• iacas changed the title to Has Coronavirus Affected Your Golf?

Good grief.  Of course not.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

1.  In my professional duties, yes.

2. No

1 hour ago, dagolfer18 said:

2. Heck no. Unless I have it, and I really feel bad, I will be out there on the course, either playing or practicing.

I hope you mean that if you have it, you will follow the recommendations from your health care provider, regardless of how ill or not you feel.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

1. Yes, it has. Too long to get into here, but the travel restrictions (both domestic and international) and the ways its affected product out of China and Italy has everyone in my industry scrambling. The import suppliers can't get product, the domestic suppliers are dealing with abnormally huge demand. It's also contributed to tons of uncertainty in the marketplace. Hell, it has even affected when I make sales calls now, we have been instructed not to shake hands. 

2. I have a golf trip planned for end of April / early May. Supposed to be heading to Vegas. So far, no affect, but we'll see. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

Timely topic. I just got an e-mail from my agency that we should be prepare to go to full telework at any time. So, it hasn't affected me personally yet, but it probably will soon.

I expect that it will have some, but probably a minimal, effect on golf. I would expect that municipal courses will close if city governments decide to shut down or go to working from home. 

We have been receiving emails over the last 2 weeks with recommendations on travel. This week, they are prepping us for work from home. I don't think its going to be happening soon. As I was typing this we got an email for a soft WFH test on Friday to check network load. All employees that can work from home (I can) are to do so with permission from their boss. 

I doubt my golf will be harmed or effected in any way. If my munis shut down, I'll be tempted to just go anyway. I have a full pass to play normally and giving that up would be tough. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

1. Yes.  My wife is undergoing chemotherapy and her immune system is compromised so she stays away from crowded enclosed areas like a supermarket or movie theater.  We are also canceling our annual St. Patrick's Day dinner which we host for our family.  No panic but just trying to be cautious.

2. No.  I am a couple of weeks away from swinging a club but I do not see it impacting playing golf.

56 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

I hope you mean that if you have it, you will follow the recommendations from your health care provider, regardless of how ill or not you feel.

Well, yes, of course I would.

• Thumbs Up 1

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Note: This thread is 1469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!