IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

40 minutes ago, Shorty said:

They all claim to have done "research", meaning they have watched a couple of Youtube videos created by nutjobs.

This seems to be a requisite.  The father of my stepkids is horrible with this stuff.  So many times I've left the room as soon as I hear  "Dad sent me this video".  I try not to bash the guy in front of them, but I always want to reply "was it before the juggling cat video or after the one where the mom feeds her two year old wasabi?". 

They also always complain about mainstream media, but have no qualms about accepting crap from YouTube as the gospel.  One of my daughters Facebook feeds ( she's been unfollowed for a while now) is literally the False Facts video has been removed picture again and again.  She also wants to go live off the grid for when 5G starts controlling our brains and whatnot.  She's a sweet girl with a true heart of gold, but damn, she needs some therapy.

I'm no tinfoil hat guy in any means, and I'll gladly take the vaccine when it becomes available to me, but at the back of my mind I do worry about long term side effects. 

Corey

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bill Gates wants you guys to get back on topic now.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Detroit set up a big vaccination clinic at Ford Field (NFL stadium). So far they are getting nowhere near the daily 6,000 person capacity. I sensed there was a lot of demand for shots as appointments are hard to find, but maybe that's not the case? Anyway, I found this interesting. 

On Thursday, there were numbers of no shows, meaning there was an excess of vaccine doses.

DETROIT – The mass vaccination site set up at Ford Field by FEMA has the capacity to vaccinate up to 6,000 people a day.

For the last two days, the facility has not been close to capacity. On Thursday, there were no shows, meaning there was an excess of vaccine doses. FEMA and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services put out the word that if you could get to Ford Field by 6 p.m., they would vaccinate you -- no age restrictions applied.

- Mark

4 hours ago, Braivo said:

Detroit set up a big vaccination clinic at Ford Field (NFL stadium). So far they are getting nowhere near the daily 6,000 person capacity. I sensed there was a lot of demand for shots as appointments are hard to find, but maybe that's not the case? Anyway, I found this interesting. 

On Thursday, there were numbers of no shows, meaning there was an excess of vaccine doses.

That's really not good. Michigan is open to everyone right now, right? Ford Field is in downtown Detroit, and very accessible for a lot of people, including African-Americans. It's not a good sign if it's not filling up every day right now.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Just now, DeadMan said:

That's really not good. Michigan is open to everyone right now, right? Ford Field is in downtown Detroit, and very accessible for a lot of people, including African-Americans. It's not a good sign if it's not filling up every day right now.

That's part of the problem, it's not open to everyone yet. It opens to everyone 16+ on April 5, but I think they need to move that up based on the low demand.

There have been several stories, locally, that African-Americans are very distrustful of the vaccine and vaccination rates are quite low. 

- Mark

19 minutes ago, Braivo said:

That's part of the problem, it's not open to everyone yet. It opens to everyone 16+ on April 5, but I think they need to move that up based on the low demand.

The article says “no shows,” so I’m not sure it’s an issue with the requirement to get vaccinated. It didn’t say they couldn’t fill all their allotted appointments.

Booking an appointment and not going is bad for everyone because someone else might have been trying to get that same appointment unsuccessfully. It’s like no shows on the tee sheet.

Opening up availability to everyone could still potentially impede higher risk people from getting an appointment. It’s only a week anyway.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

17 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

This seems to be a requisite.  The father of my stepkids is horrible with this stuff.  So many times I've left the room as soon as I hear  "Dad sent me this video".  I try not to bash the guy in front of them, but I always want to reply "was it before the juggling cat video or after the one where the mom feeds her two year old wasabi?". 

They also always complain about mainstream media, but have no qualms about accepting crap from YouTube as the gospel.  One of my daughters Facebook feeds ( she's been unfollowed for a while now) is literally the False Facts video has been removed picture again and again.  She also wants to go live off the grid for when 5G starts controlling our brains and whatnot.  She's a sweet girl with a true heart of gold, but damn, she needs some therapy.

I'm no tinfoil hat guy in any means, and I'll gladly take the vaccine when it becomes available to me, but at the back of my mind I do worry about long term side effects. 

What might be the long term side effects of Covid 19? They might be a lot more adverse or common.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

5 hours ago, Billy Z said:

What might be the long term side effects of Covid 19? They might be a lot more adverse or common.

That, good sir, is why I will gladly roll up my sleeve when it's my turn for a needle.

Corey

15 hours ago, Billy Z said:

From what I read, long term effects are relatively rare, but definitely not insignificant.  This article:

mc_opengraph_600x315.jpg

Learn about the long-term effects of COVID-19 on the lungs, brain and nervous system.

lists a number of potential long-term issues, from relatively minor issues to significant organ damage.  And we don't have enough really long term data to understand how long any of the issues might linger.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator

I will be considered fully vaccinated in two days, on Monday.

I think it’s important for all of us to understand that being vaccinated doesn’t mean I can’t catch Covid or that you can’t catch it, only that it’s 95 to 100% effective in reducing symptoms, hospitalizations, and death.

It also greatly reduces the odds I will transmit it because my body will not allow the virus to replicate enough to create a high viral load needed to transmit it in significant quantity.

MGN_1280x720_10309C00-FSFAG-1-860x484.jp

Health officials report dozens of fully-vaccinated people have contracted COVID-19 in...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

I will be considered fully vaccinated in two days, on Monday.

I think it’s important for all of us to understand that being vaccinated doesn’t mean I can’t catch Covid or that you can’t catch it, only that it’s 95 to 100% effective in reducing symptoms, hospitalizations, and death.

It also greatly reduces the odds I will transmit it because my body will not allow the virus to replicate enough to create a high viral load needed to transmit it in significant quantity.

MGN_1280x720_10309C00-FSFAG-1-860x484.jp

Health officials report dozens of fully-vaccinated people have contracted COVID-19 in...

I hope a lot of people read this. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

From what I read, long term effects are relatively rare, but definitely not insignificant.  This article:

mc_opengraph_600x315.jpg

Learn about the long-term effects of COVID-19 on the lungs, brain and nervous...

lists a number of potential long-term issues, from relatively minor issues to significant organ damage.  And we don't have enough really long term data to understand how long any of the issues might linger.

Good stuff. There are those who are worried about the side effects of a vaccine when there are possible side effects long term from getting covid 19. I don't know which is more threatening or worse but it is a consideration to be made when contemplating getting the vaccine or not.

ALSO:

210225-pfizer-vaccine-al-0804_1467e1f5bd

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla spoke with NBC News' Lester Holt about the next...

Edited by Billy Z

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

On 3/24/2021 at 5:46 AM, StuM said:

I think the concern with the vaccine in Detroit was the Mayor said he wants the "Good" vaccines, not the JNJ that is less effective.  I personally agree with him.  Why would I want a vaccine that is less than 70% effective (JNJ) vs either Pfizer or Moderna that are roughly 95% effective?   I understand there may be justification for the JNJ lower rate (timing of trial and impact of mutated strains) but I am going with the 95% regime.

Do COVID vaccines work against new coronavirus variants? | Miami Herald

It's like comparing apples to oranges.  As the video post by @The Flush states, the vaccine trials were conducted at different times.  Pfizer and Moderna's vaccine efficacy is NOT 95% and 94%, respectively, relative to these new variants.  In fact, it is closer to J&J's efficacy rate when it comes to new variants.

On 3/24/2021 at 6:32 AM, The Flush said:

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Michigan reported 4,670 daily coronavirus cases and 22 deaths Saturday, March 27.  

We're going in the wrong direction!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets