IGNORED

2020 PGA Championship

iacas
Note: This thread is 1314 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pretty excited for this, more than I thought I would be. Although this morning I also realized how much I missed those few days of The Open Championship when I could wake up super early and watch major golf before work, and the tradition of watching the Honorary starters at The Masters.

None of that matters, a major golf championship is about to start 👍

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just don’t get why the first major of the year isn’t accessible to everyone from start to finish. ESPN+? Wtf? 

• Like 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

24 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I just don’t get why the first major of the year isn’t accessible to everyone from start to finish. ESPN+? Wtf? 

I felt same way, but for $5, eh.  Nothing better to do today.  Coverage on TV doesn't start for 5 hours.  I'll turn off my subscription after this week.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

27 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Annoying for sure. Luckily I just found out that when I signed up for Disney+ for my kids at the start of Coronavirus shelter in place/school closures back in March, it came bundled with ESPN+ and Hulu+.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

If you grouped Tiger with two random club pros, you still wouldn’t be able to put together a group using the rest of the field that could equal his group’s majors or PGA Tour wins totals. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

5 minutes ago, jamo said:

If you grouped Tiger with two random club pros, you still wouldn’t be able to put together a group using the rest of the field that could equal his group’s majors or PGA Tour wins totals. 

Thanks I love it. 

It's like Sam and Homer Sneed are the pair of brothers who have won the most total titles on the PGA Tour between them, and Homer won once. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

50 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yep, Dumb!  No fans at events, this should be on TV, not streaming on some PPV or subscription.  

Edited by kamaaina1
add text

51 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

It's amusing to me how the Masters, whose course is arguably one of the hardest major championship courses to get permission to play (possibly the hardest), is the most accessible viewing, both in terms of options and low cost. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

12 hours ago, Vinsk said:

And as far as air density....it’s fun and entertaining to think there’s a difference.

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

That’s not what a I said.

It looks like it is what you said.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Tiger opens with a birdie!  

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 hour ago, jamo said:

Maybe even two groups?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

It looks like it is what you said.

Not a meaningful difference...and certainly not HUGE. Which was my original point that you seemed to agree with then got caught up with BD pseudoscience stuff. 
The quote from the Instagram is 100% nonsense. BD will not have a HUGE advantage due the temperature being 50* period. Zero discussion. None.🙂

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I turned on the tv to see a golfer who looked like a 12 handicap at address. He then hit it to an inch.

It turned out to be Brenden Steele!

My god, he looked awful getting into his setup. What the heck!

8 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I really, REALLY can't stand Tiger's penchant for following up big birdies with momentum killing bogeys.

In fairness, that 8th is a really tough hole. Schauffele, Cauley and Z. Johnson are all tied for 2nd and each of them bogeyed the 8th as well.

41 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

I turned on the tv to see a golfer who looked like a 12 handicap at address. He then hit it to an inch.

It turned out to be Brenden Steele!

My god, he looked awful getting into his setup. What the heck!

As a 12 handicap who sometimes looks awful getting into his setup, thank you for giving me hope! 

-- Michael | My swing! 

I'm the biggest Jordan Spieth fan but man did he play like sh!t today. He was horrific. Time for some changes in swing coach and caddie. He needs someone else's perspective on his game.

Edited by JSGolf

Note: This thread is 1314 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!