Jump to content

260 posts / 9536 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Brendon T just hit a drive at a 151 mph ball speed. How the hell does he compete on tour let alone win?

That seems like a low number for most Tour guys..probably was a mis-hit of some sort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShawnSum said:

That seems like a low number for most Tour guys..probably was a mis-hit of some sort.

No, I think he doesn't seem to hit faster than lower buck sixties ever. Driving distance and SG off tee is not impressive at all. Interestingly GIR SG not that great either (overall). But seems to get hot with FIRs and GIRs on weeks he does well. Guess some players are streaky.

It's just that he is been hovering on first page of leaderboards much more lately than I recall last few years. Interesting case in the era of bomb and gouge IMO. Good on him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, ShawnSum said:

That seems like a low number for most Tour guys..probably was a mis-hit of some sort.

Like @GolfLug said, prolly not. I saw him hit one 156 ball speed a few holes later. It's the game he's able to play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Guess some players are streaky.

It's just that he is been hovering on first page of leaderboards much more lately than I recall last few years. Interesting case in the era of bomb and gouge IMO. Good on him.  

When you have to hit 7 iron or longer into all of the greens but your opponents are hitting flip wedges, full wedges, or knockdown short irons, you are bound to be streaky in results.

 

2 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I saw him hit one 156 ball speed a few holes later. It's the game he's able to play. 

Exactly. There always has to be the short hitters based on the bell curve. The fact that he can still contend is impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

When you have to hit 7 iron or longer into all of the greens but your opponents are hitting flip wedges, full wedges, or knockdown short irons, you are bound to be streaky in results.

 

Exactly. There always has to be the short hitters based on the bell curve. The fact that he can still contend is impressive.

The bell curve does not apply to the extreme end of the data, and PGA touring pros are definitely at the extreme end of the data in driving distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, turtleback said:

The bell curve does not apply to the extreme end of the data, and PGA touring pros are definitely at the extreme end of the data in driving distance.

I'm not talking about for all golf. I am talking within PGA touring pros, there is still a bell curve. For every Bryson there has to be the guy that doesn't have the distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm noticing that everybody is hitting their drivers a lot lower on 13 than the rest of the holes - which I'm guessing has something to do with the one tall tree overhanging the line off the right.  Cool to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, turtleback said:

The bell curve does not apply to the extreme end of the data, and PGA touring pros are definitely at the extreme end of the data in driving distance.

Every chunk of data has its own private bell curve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I'm noticing that everybody is hitting their drivers a lot lower on 13 than the rest of the holes - which I'm guessing has something to do with the one tall tree overhanging the line off the right.  Cool to watch.

I would just open up a 1i and carry it all....😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Haotong Li with a great first nine despite a par on the par-5.  I mostly remember him as the guy who shot a 63 in a major the day after it would no longer tie the record for lowest round in a major.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Haotong Li in the clubhouse with a 65.  Other than a par on the par-5 fourth hole, he has nothing worse than a 4 on any hole today.  

Jason Day successfully completed the "no fives" challenge yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Subscribed to ESPN+ to watch. It's weird using my Disney+ login. Yeah, I know, same company, it's just weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

41 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Haotong Li in the clubhouse with a 65.  Other than a par on the par-5 fourth hole, he has nothing worse than a 4 on any hole today. 

Hope he enjoys his moment in the sun. Koepka will have him already chased down within a couple hours. Have a feeling Brooks is going to put his foot on the gas today.

Edited by ChrisP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looked like a pretty brutal mid-read for Tiger at 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, jamo said:

That looked like a pretty brutal mid-read for Tiger at 1. 

Didn't even sniff it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Why is he constantly rubbing his nose?? Is he sick????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, colin007 said:

Why is he constantly rubbing his nose?? Is he sick????

Cocaine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...