IGNORED

2020 U.S. Open at Winged Foot

iacas
Note: This thread is 1280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This rough is pretty gnarly. I thought they trimmed it some?!! I would imagine they will tighten the course up considerably tomorrow. The greens seem receptive today and pin locations are probably the easiest they'll see.

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

No, the USGA is still a little gun-shy from all their bitching and moaning before.

Yeah, I heard from someone's mouth on GC yesterday they 'cut' the rough down. Welp, we'll see how this progresses. They got 3 days to toy around though. Money still on winning score over par but my faith shaken a bit. 

Vishal S.

3 hours ago, ncates00 said:

How's it any different than any other breach of the rules?

It’s quite different really.

19 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Yeah, I heard from someone's mouth on GC yesterday they 'cut' the rough down. Welp, we'll see how this progresses. They got 3 days to toy around though. Money still on winning score over par but my faith shaken a bit. 

All ball-washer talk. These guys’ll go low. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

When Phil pulled this gambit I feel he was thinking, "I'm done with this frickin' U.S. Open, I've had it with these frickin' slippery greens... and I am Phil Mickelson."  He was doing nothing more than most of us would like to do at times, but don't act on it.  Nevertheless, that doesn't excuse him.  Bet he doesn't do it this time around.

59 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

They also need to keep rounds under 5 hours or they won’t finish bc of daylight. Mike Davis hinted last night they wanted to ease it up. But I think the biggest reason, as was mentioned, is their caving to the bitching and Moaning from two years ago. 

By the way, somewhere the superintendent is griping because they thrive on their course being the toughest in the world and are prolly irate the USGA told them to ease it up, cut the rough and let them score.

Edited by ChrisP

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

All ball-washer talk. These guys’ll go low. 

I will loose respect all around if someone wins at -7 or better. 

49 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

But I think the biggest reason, as was mentioned, is their caving to the bitching and Moaning from two years ago. 

Shall we name it 'The Phil Mickleson movement'? 

Somewhere on this thread I said I nostalgically supported Phil because it's WF and it's the US Open and all the nostalgic. Still haven't completely abandoned the b-wagon but I'm waffling a bit. 

C'mon USGA where's them teeth at?? 

Vishal S.

9 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I will loose respect all around if someone wins at -7 or better. 

Shall we name it 'The Phil Mickleson movement'? 

Somewhere on this thread I said I nostalgically supported Phil because it's WF and it's the US Open and all the nostalgic. Still haven't completely abandoned the b-wagon but I'm waffling a bit. 

C'mon USGA where's them teeth at?? 

Yeah, very disappointed. The difficulty is what gives the USGA its identity. If they want to become the PGA Championship, just admit it, but this is two years in a row now the USGA has decided to throw the players a bone. Tomorrow could be a different story, sure, but after listening to Mike Davis last night on the TGC, I had a feeling today was gonna be easy by Winged Foot standards.

Edited by ChrisP

• Administrator
Just now, ChrisP said:

Yeah, very disappointed. The difficulty is what gives the USGA its identity. If they want to become the PGA Championship, just admit it, but this is two years in a row now the USGA has decided to throw the players a bone. Tomorrow could be a different story, sure, but after listening to Mike Davis lady night on the TGC, I had a feeling today was gonna be easy.

It's only Thursday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's only Thursday.

That’s why I prefaced it’s only round 1. But just surprised at the pin positions. The pin at 1 is the same one they used when I played. Never thought they’d actually use it for the pros haha. They were very kind today.

Lee Westwood always perennially near the top of the US Open leaderboard.

Rory Sabbi who-nni?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Someone needs to tell Phil that it’s cloudy out. He can take off the Miami Vice shades.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Someone needs to tell Phil that it’s cloudy out. He can take off the Miami Vice shades.

Even he doesn't want to see his own play.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

Even he doesn't want to see his own play.

😀

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6 hours ago, ChrisP said:

He’s got the personality to succeed in that position and I think he’d consider doing it part-time for now, full-time down the road.

Ya...FIGJAM would be good in the booth.....but getting Charles Barkley would be EPIC....that guy is SO FUNNY.

The Match in 2018 in Vegas between Phil and Tiger was so BORING.....it was only worth watching to hear the SH*T that would come from Sir Charles.

This Peacock crap is pissing me off. I had no idea they were going to cut away this afternoon. I checked my Roku and there is no app. I'm not giving in to then trying to suck you into yet another service. (I know I'm being stubborn). I assume this won't be an issue over the weekend?

Note: This thread is 1280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!