IGNORED

2020 U.S. Open at Winged Foot

iacas
Note: This thread is 1308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, Antneye said:

This Peacock crap is pissing me off. I had no idea they were going to cut away this afternoon. I checked my Roku and there is no app. I'm not giving in to then trying to suck you into yet another service. (I know I'm being stubborn). I assume this won't be an issue over the weekend?

A classless move by NBC to try to force people to use their streaming service.

Unbelieveable.  I’m also disappointed that the USGA allowed it.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Antneye said:

This Peacock crap is pissing me off. I had no idea they were going to cut away this afternoon.

I mean, how could you have any idea? It's the first post in the topic. 😛

Folks, stop being the old man shouting at clouds. I downloaded Peacock last night to my AppleTV. Sign-up was easy, and free. It also works on my iPad, iPhone, and laptop.

You've had weeks to get do this, and that's on top of hours of coverage on Golf Channel and NBC itself.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Folks, stop being the old man shouting at clouds. I downloaded Peacock last night to my AppleTV. Sign-up was easy, and free. It also works on my iPad, iPhone, and laptop.

You've had weeks to get do this, and that's on top of hours of coverage on Golf Channel and NBC itself.

I loaded it in 5 minutes when it changed over.

Also, why is Fleetwood dressed like this?

7BA6A3C2-A196-4A1F-98FF-C40A4FAFD236.jpeg

• Like 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

53 minutes ago, iacas said:

I didn't really pay attention. No app for the Roku and there is not a lot I will miss looking at the schedule. I'd rather gripe and protest. 

Streaming is the future of tv. No surprise NBC did this. Tomorrow Peacock has the am coverage. Espn did the same with the PGA. That wasn’t free. You should be happy NBC is offering it free. 

I wish they would sign up with Firestick. Makes it easier for me. Oh well. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

3 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

I wonder if tomorrow will be Phil’s last round in a US Open?

He’ll prolly win a us senior open that will get him an exemption. But I do think Phil’s career as a full/time player is nearly over as I do think a tv offer will come soon.

He seems to be building a brand post golf. Father time always wins. Get what you can while you can. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

4 hours ago, iacas said:

What does Peacock cost? Curiosity as I see it's also not available to us Roku users.

2 minutes ago, Zippo said:

What does Peacock cost? Curiosity as I see it's also not available to us Roku users.

I downloaded the app to my iPad. Didn’t see anything to sign in or sign up for. Watched featured groups for a little while this afternoon. If there’s a premium or paid version, I’m not seeing it. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Well, I was not able to watch the USO live yesterday but today I will.  Problem I have is with Peacock.  Do I put the USO on my large monitor and work on the smaller one?  Well, I am working so I guess work should be on the main screen....BUT it's the USO.  Work is on the smaller screen.

Edited by StuM
Fix typo

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Watching the coverage on Peacock on my I-phone.....Yippee. Come on Golf Channel. This is ridiculous. Yes, it was easy to load and it's free etc...but really? It's the US Open. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

Watching the coverage on Peacock on my I-phone.....Yippee. Come on Golf Channel. This is ridiculous. Yes, it was easy to load and it's free etc...but really? It's the US Open. 

I don't understand the bitching here:

• It's available for your TV. Or computer.
  • It's for two hours today, with 9:30 to 7pm coverage on the television.

I'm not singling you out in particular, even though I'm replying to you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I can't get it on Roku tv. I need my computer for work. I get it. I'm watching anyway but just seems sorta like NBC dictating that you have to use the app. I already have Netflix, amazon prime tv, etc...I'm just burned out on all the streaming services. I actually keep hoping the one of the previously mentioned services just start buying everyone out so there will be one place. It is what it is.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Yeah not a fan of putting a major championship on an app, let alone one that is having its issues. Not having an AirPlay option on the app is a huge negative from me for someone who uses AirPlay religiously with my Apple TV. But it’s only two hours so I can deal with it.

Edited by ChrisP

Note: This thread is 1308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!