IGNORED

How Many Times and Where Did You Play in 2020?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I’ve posted 212 rounds this year.  About 95% have been played at all the Pinehurst courses.   My away scores were played in our InterClub events at Gates Four, Croasdaile CC and Carolina Trace.  A few rounds at Southern Pines.

I played 45 times from May to this past Saturday. Mostly played in western PA at my home course or in this area. Did travel to Michigan for work for a 2 week training trip and play out there. Played 4 rounds in 4 days over that trip. Best course was Shepherds Hollow Michigan which is on their list of top public courses in the state. It was a nice golf course! If anyone is near Detroit I would highly recommend!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

49 rounds played. About 5 nine hole rounds. Most 18 hole rounds I have played in 25 years.
8 courses were new.

•    24. Harbor Town Golf Links
•    23. Eagles Pointe GC
•    22. The Walker GC at Clemson University
•    21. Mid South GC
•    20. Legacy Golf Links
•    19. Pine Wild - Holly
•    18. Tobacco Road GC
•    17. The Carolina CC
•    16. Furman University GC
•    15. The Rock at Jocassee
•    14. Stoney Point GC
•    13. Lake Tansi Village CC
•    12. Bear Trace at Cumberland Mountain
•    11. Stonehenge GC
•    10. Carolina Springs GC
•    9. Willow Creek CC
•    8. The Preserve at Verdae
•    7. Cateechee GC
•    6. Boscobel GC
•    5. Southern Oaks GC
•    4. Legacy Pines GC
•    3. Saluda Valley CC
•    2. Brookstone GC
•    1. Cobbs Glen CC

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

I played my first round in 22 years on May 30 of this year.

All 4 courses at Shanty Creek Resort. (It's 7 miles from the cottage).

Marysville GC

Oak Ridge - both courses

Cedar Glen- repeatedly

Golden Hawk - a lot

Bello Woods

Country Club Of Detroit (guest)

Rammler

Plumbrook

St Clair Shores Muni

Greystone

Lake St Clair Metropark (par 3 course)

Burning Tree (guest)

Stony Creek Metropark

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Esox said:

Plumbrook

My family came from Detroit, and even though I grew up in northern Virginia, we'd visit Detroit every summer.  My grandfather lived really close to Chandler Park, but on occasion we drove "all the way out there" to Plumbrook.  I was really just starting the game in high school, so my memories of it are pretty hazy, but it was a real treat at that time.

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

My family came from Detroit, and even though I grew up in northern Virginia, we'd visit Detroit every summer.  My grandfather lived really close to Chandler Park, but on occasion we drove "all the way out there" to Plumbrook.  I was really just starting the game in high school, so my memories of it are pretty hazy, but it was a real treat at that time.

Plumbrook is short and none too difficult. But a fun course to play and go try to hit bombs all day. If you really play it to score (For me long irons or fairway woods off the tees for well placed pitch and chip in opportunities) it can be an easy course to score on. Greens are usually in good shape and roll true. I lived very close to Chandler Park until I got married in '91 at the age of 32. I used to play 9 in the morning on my way to work on those long days close to the summer solstice.

After a quick count, I landed on 83 rounds this year. I've played for 16 years and that's more than half of my lifetime rounds! 

Norsjø Golfpark (59) 

Lofoten Links (6 (108 holes in 2 days)) 

Salten GK (1)

Helgeland GK (1)

Trondheim GK (1)

Vestfold GK (2)

Sandefjord GK (1)

Kragerø GK (2)

Bamble GK (1)

Grenland GK (5)

Arendal & Omegn GK (1)

Larvik (3)

If COVID allows it I might be able to squeeze in a weekend trip or two to Denmark, Sweden or the UK before the courses around here opens again in April/May. 

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

Got out quite a bit this year i have 69 rounds recorded, that doesn't count the half dozen or so scrambles I played in nor all the practice rounds I played in the early morning and late afternoons. 

Courses:

Arroyo Del Oso (majority)

Los Altos GC

Ladera GC

Santa Ana GC

Sandia GC

Tanoan GC

Pinery CC

Ahwatukee CC

Arizona Grand GC

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

22 hours ago, Troy ocker said:

After a quick count, I landed on 83 rounds this year. I've played for 16 years and that's more than half of my lifetime rounds! 

Norsjø Golfpark (59) 

Lofoten Links (6 (108 holes in 2 days)) 

Grenland GK (5)

Very Nice! After flying over Norway on a cloudless day I knew Norway was a beautiful Nation. Then reading about Lofoten, I told my wife we will create an opportunity to golf there. Looks like that’s one of your top games. Very cool.

I never counted rounds and I guess when I was keeping a handicap it would be easy to look up. This year we played Maui Kapalua Plantation x2 and Wailea Emerald, Vegas Wynn and some links course near town, Oahu, Ted Makalena x4, Ewa Villages x4 Pali GC x2 and Koolina x4, then finally Lanai; my clubs are 20 ft from my from door and I walk to the course. So I’ve played sunrise, sunset, and in between for 9 holes each. 
so I’ve played 19 plus everything I’ve played at Cavindish which is a bunch more than 19. Good question, time for to get back on keeping scores. 

Aloha,

Will

• Like 1

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

1 hour ago, iSank said:

Very Nice! After flying over Norway on a cloudless day I knew Norway was a beautiful Nation. Then reading about Lofoten, I told my wife we will create an opportunity to golf there. Looks like that’s one of your top games. Very cool.

I never counted rounds and I guess when I was keeping a handicap it would be easy to look up. This year we played Maui Kapalua Plantation x2 and Wailea Emerald, Vegas Wynn and some links course near town, Oahu, Ted Makalena x4, Ewa Villages x4 Pali GC x2 and Koolina x4, then finally Lanai; my clubs are 20 ft from my from door and I walk to the course. So I’ve played sunrise, sunset, and in between for 9 holes each. 
so I’ve played 19 plus everything I’ve played at Cavindish which is a bunch more than 19. Good question, time for to get back on keeping scores. 

Aloha,

Will

Hawaii looks pretty special too. 

Lofoten Links is definitely worth a visit. One of the most unique and beautiful courses out there. Should be played in July (midnight sun) or September (Northern Lights). Some of the holes are really special and when the wind is howling in from the North Sea this is the toughest course I have tried to score on. 

The picture is from hole 2, taken at midnight. Can be a quite challenging tee shot for a 150 yard Par 3, can be anything from a 52 to a 4i depending on the wind.   

hull 2 Lofoten.jpg

Edited by Troy Ocker
Left out some info
  • Thumbs Up 2

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

I played about 60+/-, 18 hole rounds, and a few more 9 holers.

Played in 7 different states. NV, CA, UT, AZ, OR, NM, and TX. Lots of different courses, who's names I didn't bother to collect. Saw a "Golf Sign" and stopped and played. Most were in NV, and AZ. Back in NV now for the holidays. 

Probably will get 7-8 more in before the new year. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

102 rounds posted, but probably had an additional 30 - 40 rounds through the off season.
Didn't travel any this year, so mainly the rounds are around St Lou area and my home course.

I quit playing everyday possible these past couple of years, but still average 3 - 4 per week and happy.
Life is good when your retired !!!  🙂

• Like 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Considering some medical issues and the limitations of the Covid pandemic, I only played at 2 local courses in Miami. I didn't even average once a week this past year. For that matter, I played 9 a lot more frequently than I played 18.

In 2021, I hope to get out to northern California to meet my birth family and play there. I also hope to get to Louisville, where I grew up, and play a couple times there.

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

In early April, St. Louis area courses kinda closed, but they didn’t… Played a few nine-hole “stealth rounds” at home course, but range was closed due to COVID social distancing restrictions.

Didn’t play first posted round until June, when courses “reopened.” After that got in range time about once a week separate of play days.

I played 21 posted 18-hole rounds at these courses:

• Stonewolf Golf Club (5)
  • Cape Girardeau Country Club
  • Dalhousie Golf Club (2)
  • The Landings at Spirit Golf Club
  • St. Peter’s Golf Club
  • Jefferson City Country Club
  • Tanglewood Golf Club
  • The Quarry at Crystal Springs (2)
  • St. Clair Country Club (4)
  • Bogey Hills Country Club
  • Fred Arbanas Golf Club
  • Acorns Golf Links

Dalhousie and Jeff City+Tanglewood hosted two-day state level tournaments where I was out of my league, but I got a chance to play three excellent courses (Dalhousie and Jeff are upscale private clubs). I guess the state group was short on players this year – I got offered a slot for team competition against Kansas, although I finished bottom half in all four rounds.

The Quarry hosted the local two-day amateur circuit “handicappers” championship. Only played two of their summer events, but still got invited. Total field – all ages – was only 40 golfers instead of normal 90-100.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I played over 80 rounds, but about 50 of them were on the same 2 courses.

1. Hills (Community Golf Club) was my most played (probably 35ish rounds)

2. Dales (Community Golf Club) 2nd most played (at least 20 here)

3. Hawk (defunct Kittyhawk) a couple of rounds before shut down for good.

4. Eagle (defunct Kittyhawk) a couple of rounds before shut down for good. I bought a pass that was for 1-5 on this list, and I played here on New Years Day 2020. There was one other course (par 3 Falcon course) included in the pass, but was also at Kittyhawk and didn't get to play it this year.

5. Madden (the last of the city courses that I played), a couple of rounds before shut down for good.

6. Sugar Isle (Backup #1 during CoD shut down for covid)

7. Jamaica Run (Backup #2 during CoD shut down for covid)

8. Heatherwoode, a nice place to play when I had the chance.

9. Whispering Woods? Wherever the 2nd day of the TST outing was this passed summer. 1 round, started with an 11 on hole one, followed by a 40 yard hole out for par on a par 3, number two. A lovely time, and great to meet new folks.

My city pass had 16 rounds at the Covid shut down, and 69 at the end of the year. It is hard to go play a different course when you have a couple that are completely free of charge. I wish I could've got 100 rounds in with my pass, but with 4 of 6 courses closing permanently, the remaining two were booked up so hard that I am glad I got what I did in.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

On 12/1/2020 at 4:37 PM, Sandy Lie said:

I’ve posted 212 rounds this year.  About 95% have been played at all the Pinehurst courses.   My away scores were played in our InterClub events at Gates Four, Croasdaile CC and Carolina Trace.  A few rounds at Southern Pines.

I’m up to 226 now. Playing a steady diet of courses #2, #4 and #8.  I may get to around 240 before years end.

• 3 weeks later...

I only played 40 rounds due to COVID. Got a few rounds in during February in AL and FL. The rest were in Michigan. Hopefully I will be able to travel some in 2021.

Note: This thread is 1205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!