IGNORED

What Golf-Related Christmas Gifts Did You Get? (2020-21 Edition)

Note: This thread is 851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Prompted by some fun office staff gag gifts, I thought I'd revive this topic with a 2020 edition. What did you get from others? yourself?

I got myself some new MCC Plus 4 align grips and the Blast Golf device to use for my putting practice. I believe I will get some new golf shoes and perhaps an Edel Wedge. This is what I was given this morning for use at work. Classic...I'm sure many of you have been given this: 

3050C943-7A31-4AC6-B64A-07E26FA35A05.jpeg

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to What Golf-Related Christmas Gifts Did You Get? (2020 Edition)
1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

Prompted by some fun office staff gag gifts, I thought I'd revive this topic with a 2020 edition. What did you get from others? yourself?

I got myself some new MCC Plus 4 align grips and the Blast Golf device to use for my putting practice. I believe I will get some new golf shoes and perhaps an Edel Wedge. This is what I was given this morning for use at work. Classic...I'm sure many of you have been given this: 

3050C943-7A31-4AC6-B64A-07E26FA35A05.jpeg

Santa is bringing me the Blast Golf device.🎅

• Like 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I bought myself the Blast sensor thingy, and also a swing speed radar for the TST superspeed group. My wife and I don’t buy each other gifts because were adults who can buy ourselves exactly what we want. So I’ll wrap them and put under the tree with the kids’ presents.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

TITLEIST T200 IRONS

• Like 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

My brother and his girlfriend got me a $100 Golf Galaxy card.

So now I have a decision to make. I'm thinking about one of these: 1) Replace grips, 2) Buy new shoes or 3) help replace my antique 5W.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

So now I have a decision to make. I'm thinking about one of these: 1) Replace grips, 2) Buy new shoes or 3) help replace my antique 5W.

All three!

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Perfect

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

24 minutes ago, iacas said:

All three!

Not sure the card will quite cover all of that, but it will help

The shoes aren't terrible right now, but I blew off getting the grips done last year. Upgrading the 5W should really help make GIR more realistic on those par 5s.

Guessing the two of those would be $300-$400 range, but the card surely makes it more manageable and easier to rationalize. 

I inadvertently opened a package that had my golf gift in it. It was a package that contained my spool of PLA filament for 3D printing, but it also contained a mask with a golfer silhouette on it. I've been using it for 2 weeks but it was supposed to be a xmas gift. https://www.amazon.com/Weddingstar-Washable-Reusable-Adjustable-Filter/dp/B08B3JS92Z/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=golf+mask&qid=1608856787&sr=8-1

• Thumbs Up 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

13 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

If you buy the grips, I can replace them and save you some $$$

Nothing golf related for me. I got some nice Harley stuff though. 

- Shane

Well now that the day is finally here, I can update with the other golf-centric gifts that I received. I got a nice windbreaker style vest (not a fancy one but I quite like it), a golf bag/club ornament, a "golf tip a day" calendar, and a nice Tervis large tumbler with a nice top on, and it is styled with golf balls on the side. My family is quite small these days, so we don't do lots of big gifts, but these were really nice and thoughtful.

20201225_111955.jpg

Edited by Bonvivant
Picture added
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

I got a box of pro v1’s. I got 2 dozen of my titleist tru feels that I play. My wife pays my membership at the local course for me for Xmas every year: My mother in law picked me up the g400 3 hybrid I wanted. Have a gap from my 4 iron to 3 wood. Have been carrying a Ping Zing 2 one iron for years but don’t hit it all that great so decided to go with a hybrid!

Merry Xmas everyone!!!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

28 minutes ago, Dunit507 said:

I got a box of pro v1’s. I got 2 dozen of my titleist tru feels that I play. My wife pays my membership at the local course for me for Xmas every year: My mother in law picked me up the g400 3 hybrid I wanted. Have a gap from my 4 iron to 3 wood. Have been carrying a Ping Zing 2 one iron for years but don’t hit it all that great so decided to go with a hybrid!

Merry Xmas everyone!!!

May I borrow your wife?  Mind you, for financial purposes only.  😄

• Funny 3

4 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

Some Prov1x and a Scotty Newport 2.5. I was a good boy.

You must have been!

• Like 1

-Jonny

Got a NX9 with slope. Although, it’s not a Christmas present, close enough timing, I’m re-upping with Srixon/Cleveland to get all new gear in January! 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Note: This thread is 851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!