IGNORED

2021 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Birdied the 12th hole.  Thought I had already punched that ticket this year, but looking at the spreadsheet, looks like I haven't.  Nine left.

708335750_hole12.jpg.1c571fdbdbf38a15de036d4464af18ee.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My course is closed for the year.  No birdies on holes 2, 5, or 11 this year.  One eagle on 9.  Will have to get it next year...

John

After what seemed like months of absence from this thread, I'm back.  Saturday I birdied the 12th at Stoneleigh, leaving me only one more hole.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Birdied the first hole on my home course finally. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

well, I think I can call the season officially over.    boo.  

but, this year I birdied 11 separate holes as opposed to last year's 8.   so that's a bonus.   

Pretty surprised to see that I have not birdied #5 in either of the last two years.   looking back on my last 20 scorecards, I have 16 pars, 3 bogeys, and 1 triple (ugh).    
Absurd to have that many pars and not be able to sink a single birdie.    usually approaching that green with a PW as well.   

Composite total for the 2 year stretch. 12 separate holes, with #10 being the only hole I got last year but missed out on this year.   

Edited by lastings

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Finally have them all, Birdied our 16th hole Friday.

All birdies and 1 eagle.

• Thumbs Up 5

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• Administrator

I am not going to meet this goal this year, as I simply haven't played much golf at all, and seldom on the back nine (where all of the birdies remain).

It's a bummer, as I set out to do this again this year, but oh well: I had a good year otherwise, and I look forward to playing a bit more golf next year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The season is over soon and it looks like I won't get my birdies on 6, 7, 8 and 16 this year (Had birdies on all these holes last year). No eagles this season is a bit disappointing too. 

Hopefully I'll get a couple of more goes at it before the course closes for the season, but with all the greens just been aerationed it'll not be any easier to drain birdieputts.... 

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

Birdied the fourth hole today.  Hole is a bit of a dogleg right.  Hit a great driver shot and cut the dogleg.  Left myself under a 100 yards, around 60 if memory serves.  Not a great second shot but since the course was hard it bounced ahead of the green and ran on.  Maybe 10 foot putt which I sank for easily the best hole of my round and the icing on a streak of great holes.  Had started on 10 so after 2 pars on 17 and 18, had breakfast and then another three straight pars before this birdie.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Finally birdied 16, a 337 yard par 4, with a slight dogleg right and a very narrow fairway the last 110 yards to the green. 

Hit a smooth 7 iron 182 yards from tee to the middle of the fairway slightly into wind and directly into a low sun. From there I had 152 to the pin, into wind, into sun and about 7 yards downhill, so I went with PW. Didn't see anything because of the low sun, but it felt ok. The flag was placed in the top shelf of the 2 level green, and my approach just clung on the to top level around 14 feet from the pin. The uphill 14 footer with a couple of feet left to right movement was drained, and I could finally cross this hole off my birdie-list for the season. Hurray! 

I did miss a 6 footer for birdie on 8 though, so I could have crossed off another with a kinder lip there 😒 (or with marginally less pace on the putt) 

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

Finally got my last birdie yesterday to complete that portion of the Away Course challenge. 

#3 Par 5 at Chateau Elan (Chateau Course) in Braselton Georgia. Driver, 3W, PW to 5 feet. 

Won't be completing the Home Course challenge as I don't play there much since our company golf league doesn't play there any longer. 🙁

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

On 10/24/2021 at 10:38 AM, iacas said:

I am not going to meet this goal this year, as I simply haven't played much golf at all, and seldom on the back nine (where all of the birdies remain).

It's a bummer, as I set out to do this again this year, but oh well: I had a good year otherwise, and I look forward to playing a bit more golf next year.

I'm not going to make it either. I'm actually really happy with how well I did, however. After 23 rounds of 18 and 16 rounds of 9 holes (I guess that gave me about 31 tries at every hole) I was able to birdie all but 4 of them. I'm sure my expectations were a lot lower than yours, because that's better than I thought I'd do. 

Of course I will try again next year. I need to get my game back in order. I feel like I'm getting closer. I'm just not there yet. As Cub fans said for more than a hundred years.... "There's always next year." 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Noticed the spreadsheet is looking a little wonky...somehow had an entry for -2 on the first hole, which I have only done par or better.

There's a random new column.

@Billy Z has a whole lot of eagles...

I've probably got 8-9 rounds left to get 6 birdies. Doubt I'll make it this year either.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

45 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

@Billy Z has a whole lot of eagles...

I did not make an eagle this year. I had at least 2 good chances and a couple more outside chances, but I couldn't convert on any. ... 😥

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I feel like I'm getting closer.

You are.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Birdied hole 1 this week.  Repeat for that hole this year, so no change in annual stats.

Craig

Hole 15.  Thought for sure I'd birdied this one earlier this year, but looks like I didn't.

That makes ten holes for the year.

147269022_Hole15.jpg.2f5e9d8191494905fb73a608d3a541e8.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Craig

Note: This thread is 851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!