IGNORED

Range Ball Machine Theft

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

So, the guy is a jerk, but not necessarily a thief? At least not when confronted? But the range itself is sketchy enough to give that dude no range balls and you very few range balls. ... did I get all that right? 

This is why I didn't want to get confrontational. The machine is buggy. People have problems with the pin number and sometimes go back to the clubhouse for help. Also the machine doesn't sense when it'll run out of balls, so if you're the guy getting the last bunch of balls and it's short, then you have to back to the clubhouse, sometimes there's a line and I'm like screw it, i'll just bite the bucket and take a loss. It does even out when I've picked up balls left behind by the early morning rush. Generally, I like the range, use it a lot and I want to be in its good graces so want to be a good citizen and not make any fuss. One of the pros will often kindly offer me a cold bottle of water on hot days when he passes by, stuff like that.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He robbed the range, not you. My guess is he has done it previously and gotten away with it. 

1) Report to the range management. Get your replacement.

2) Range management's responsibility to escalate it including reporting and it to law enforcement if they choose to (they should IMO).  

3) If nothing happens - no replacement of balls, no action to deal with this clown, your choice to keep frequenting the range. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Vishal S.

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I had to wrestle the abominable snowman for these.

IMG_20180219_104037730_HDR.jpg

Damn….that just looks cooooooold.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 hours ago, Carl3 said:

I just got this in my Inbox for a course I go to while on vacations:

image.png.58653567aee6d49861a46eadd51faf7a.png

You are renting them, not buying them 🤣

A little off topic from the OP but in line with "Range Etiquette" I agree the above situation is out of line.  As someone said "You rent then, not buy them" but I do not have a problem with @ChetlovesMertaking a few home and brining them back the next day.  

4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I think mine was a proportional response. It was a nice day. It’s just range balls. My tone showed I was PO’d. To boot while practicing  I had to listen to people being taught on both sides of the stall, forgot earbuds. Sunday at the range, man. If I went earlier and didn’t wake up late I bet I would have had a better practice session. 

Still off topic from the OP but I find it hard when surrounded by "Amateurs trying to teach" and invariably the are too loud and not easily ignored (and often bad advice).  The range I visit has a designated area for the pros to provide lessons so they are not out amongst the rest of us.  I say if taking a lesson, be in the lesson area and if that is not possible at least be considerate of those around you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Reading through this thread makes me glad I belong to a private club.

But back in my muni days I can't say I ever encountered anything like the OP. Maybe people in Baltimore are just more polite. 🙂

Jeff

In the bag:
:callaway: Epic Max 9.0 Project X Cypher 40 R 5.5
:tmade: R11S 3 Fairway
:ping: G425 4 & 5 hybrid 6-PW :cleveland: RTX 56 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2

5 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Go back to the old school ways. Throw down the challenge in a civilized manor. 😛

i accept cary elwes GIF

Order of operations...

1. Tell the golf course / driving range
2. Contemplate just walking up and start stealing your golf balls back versus buying another bucket or leaving for the day. 

I like this: a light slap across the cheek with a cabretta (from the hide of a haired sheep) leather golf glove.

Challenge him to a chipping/putting duel.

7 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I had to wrestle the abominable snowman for these.

IMG_20180219_104037730_HDR.jpg

Maybe he wasn’t really abominable. Maybe he is just misunderstood.

I would have let the guy have a piece of my mind for sure more in the mode of shaming him.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 hours ago, Carl3 said:

I just got this in my Inbox for a course I go to while on vacations:

image.png.58653567aee6d49861a46eadd51faf7a.png

You are renting them, not buying them 🤣

Similar policy at the local muni - some guys will buy a bucket to hit before their tee time, but invariably they get to shooting the shit and don't finish it, or they get a bucket but get a phone call summons halfway through, so they put the extras in their car or bag to hit next time. So they aren't actually taking them to play with them, and have every intention of hitting them on the same range where they bought them.

Colin P.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Maybe he wasn’t really abominable. Maybe he is just misunderstood.

Lol! Kind of a Gary Larson-ish themed statement.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I'm of the age where @iacas daughter could take me with one arm tied and I'm not even capable now of running away from her. But, were it back in the day and that guy did that to me, one or both of us would have gone home bruised and bleeding. I didn't always win the fights I picked but I also didn't back off. Now, it would probably be, yes sir. Can I buy you some more, sir...

Note: This thread is 1135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!