IGNORED

Driver Length

What length do you play your driver?  Most drivers come standard from the shop well over 45" (45.5, 45.75, etc).  Mine was fitted right at 45"

I play a Ping G410 Plus at standard length, which is 45.75”. When I was fit for it, we did tinker with the idea of shortening it, but it didn’t help me find the sweetspot any better.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, TL308 said:

What length do you play your driver?  Most drivers come standard from the shop well over 45" (45.5, 45.75, etc).  Mine was fitted right at 45"

A poll would be nice for this topic. Mine is standard 45.5”.

PXG fit me to 43.5", X stiff and D4. It is good to get fit, especially for a driver I have come to realize. My irons are 1" short as well with X100s.

• Thumbs Up 1

My current driver was originally 44.5”, but I snapped the shaft and the replacement Cobra sent was 1” longer. I didn’t notice any difference.

I’ll be doing a driver fitting soon, so not sure what I’ll end up with.

On 9/17/2021 at 10:38 PM, TL308 said:

Depends on which Driver, I play. My ZX5 is 46", My Z785 is 45.5", My Nickent is 45", Alina's US Kids Driver is 36" but the clubs are actually too long for her right now she's 4' 1" has long arms like her dad, Alli's is 43.5"... I occasionally mess around with all of the Drivers previously listed, but namely the first two.

According to the internet my TaylorMade Dual R5 and Cleveland HiBore are at 45 inches.  Probably at the maximum length for me though a touch shorter would probably be ideal for ensuring I hit it straight everytime

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Standard 45.75" on the Mav Max driver. I have thought about taking a 1/2-3/4" off of it but don't like to mess it up. Once off the shaft can never be put back on to satisfy me, psychologically. So, for about 20% of the time, I just choke down on the club a bit to accomplish the same thing.

1 hour ago, WilliamB said:

Standard 45.75" on the Mav Max driver. I have thought about taking a 1/2-3/4" off of it but don't like to mess it up. Once off the shaft can never be put back on to satisfy me, psychologically. So, for about 20% of the time, I just choke down on the club a bit to accomplish the same thing.

Good point. We can always choke up a bit to play it shorter.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • @DaveP043 is pretty knowledgeable with this stuff.
    • Has anyone played this format? It's kind of like a Stableford in that it has points for eagles, birdies, pars, etc., but it's different. For an explanation click here. In our league we normally play weekly individual stroke play contests with handicaps but the thought was it would be a fun mid-season break to have some sort of team competition as well so I'm trying to set up something like this for next year. The question I have though is how should we handle things if the number of guys who want to play is not divisible by four and we end up with one or more threesomes? Someone suggested that it shouldn't matter since it's each individual player's handicap that determines the team handicap which is what is used to set the team's quota. I'm thinking there would need to be some sort of reduction to the threesome's team quota that would have to be factored in or else they would be at a disadvantage.  Does anyone have experience with team tournaments with a mix of threesomes and foursomes?          
    • This is an absolutely horrible take. That is not anywhere close to the best way to determine the best team in college football. All that does is rewards schools for playing in weak conferences. Not all conferences are equal. The top team in multiple conferences is often worse than the 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th best team in other conferences. There are at least 6-7+ teams in both the Big Ten and the SEC alone that would be favored heavily over whoever the conference champ is from the Mountain West, the MAC, etc. Based on your logic, one of each of the two teams like SDSU/Utah State in the Mountain West, Kent State/Northern Illinois in the MAC, and Appalachian State/Coastal Carolina in the Sun Belt would be in the playoff, and with only 1 at large bid for a non-conference champ, that means a number of very good football teams would be left out of the playoffs entirely including potential teams like Alabama, OSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Iowa, Penn State, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Oklahoma State.  Please explain why a team like Utah State, Kent State, or Appalachian State would deserve to be in the playoff over any of those schools I just listed. Simply "Winning your conference championship" is not enough for me, not when there is such disparity between conferences.  How does your method prove who the best team in college football is for a given season?
    • Awesome, @Shindig. For those interested, I'm likely closing this out at the end of the month. LIST OF GEARS-Heads: @Vinsk💰 @boogielicious 💰 @Darkfrog 💰 @Chris Brooks 💰 @cipher 💰 @ChetlovesMer 💰 @billchao ✅💰 @saevel25  ✅💰 @GolfLug ✅ @BradSomrak @coachjimsc @bjfox10 ✅💰 Local Player DR Local Player BT Local Player ST @Shindig
    • I don't believe them at all. It's a stain on all of them, and particularly Kane/Toews, etc. One could forgive them for what they did 11 years ago if they show true signs of attrition and regret and growth, but now they're just liars.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. david7w5
      david7w5
      (49 years old)
    2. Jmwest76
      Jmwest76
      (45 years old)
    3. Mikael Detterberg
      Mikael Detterberg
      (39 years old)
    4. NEhomer
      NEhomer
      (61 years old)
    5. RangeGolfer
      RangeGolfer
      (40 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...