IGNORED

2022 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas

knocked 2 more off the list this weekend.  three to go...  It seems that every time I play, the pin is tucked on #2, and that is a VERY difficult birdie.  Will have to talk to the greenskeeper and have them set up an easier pin placement on the weekend.  😃

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got my first birdie of the season today, that's hole #3 off my list. I actually hit the flag.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • D1-SIM MAX D 9° Diamana pd 50 reg lofted down 1 click 
  • D2-SIM MAX D 10.5° project x riptide cb 50 reg lofted up 2 clicks
  • 5w- Radspeed motore f3 
  • 3H- Tour Edge Exotics e722 kbs hybrid stiff
  • 4-5h tour edge exotics ex9
  • 6-AW- Cleveland launcher xl Nippon Zelos 7
  • 56°-Cleveland CBX Zipcore
  • P-Odyssey eleven tour lined slant neck

Just filled in the composite after 8 birdies in 6 rounds on my annual golf trip. Filled in 7 spots! 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I'm just doing the Away Composite this year. I don't play enough at a single course to call it a home course.

Got on the board last weekend with two birdies on Sunday and one more on Monday. All three were at Neshanic Valley playing Ridge/Meadow and all three were on the Meadow nine. Sunday's birdies were on holes #13 and #17 (Meadow #4 & 8). On #13 I hit two great shots that left me with a 12' putt for eagle that I missed but finished with a tap-in birdie. On #17 I hit two good shots and ended up in the center of the green with a front hole location. Made a 25' putt for birdie.

Monday's birdie was on hole #11 (Meadow #2). Didn't hit a good hybrid off the tee, kind of got lucky it stayed up in the rough just to the left of the fairway bunker and didn't bounce into the penalty area. Had about 110 yards to a front left pin. I aimed for the center of the green (laterally) with a GW and pushed it slightly, but it caught the slope of the green and the ball fed towards the hole. Made the 8' putt.

I didn't putt well today so I didn't make any birdies. Was inside of 7' twice on par 3s today.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

For my away composite (also no home course this year), finally parred #1 (match play, the conceded putt was under a foot).  So at least I now have no "bogey is best score so far" I think, about to go check...

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Birdied #5 on my away composite.

• Like 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Composite add -

#6 - 144 yard par 3 with a 9 iron to 3 feet

#13 - 502 downwind with 188 left to pin, 5 iron pin high on fringe, putt to 6 inches for a non-stress birdie tap in. This was the longest drive of the season measuring 305. Wind was a factor but I smoked it! 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator

I birdied 5 and 7 today, which were new. No new birdies on the back nine. I have 1, 6, and 8 left on the front at Whispering Woods, 10, 11, 13, 14, and 16-18 left on the back. But I've only played the back… three times? Twice?

In a playing lesson I eagled the par-4 second hole (hybrid onto the green, six footer) and birdied #6 (a 209-yard par three). Both with an old Titleist hybrid. So I added those to the composite course scorecard, too.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Had 4 birdies yesterday and 3 were on holes I needed, so have all of back 9 done. Need 3 on the front to finish them all.

• Like 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• Administrator

I added two to my composite course today. Played at Lake View CC. Mostly practiced, but if I made a birdie, I counted it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I added three over the weekend, 14 of 18 done.  But the last 4 are historically the toughest holes for me to birdie.  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Made a cool one today: #18 is 403 yards fairly straight. However my drive wasn't: it was more of a hook into the trees and not quite in jail but not good. I hooked a 5 iron around the tress, hoping to stay short of the bunkers, which I did. So now I have a 30-35 yards pitch to the hole. I line it up, strike it nice but a bit firm, it takes off, one bounce and dunks in the hole: easy birdie! 😂  I never had a dunk like that: it's really nice, with the flag sound effect and your buddies going wild!! :beer:

ETA: This was at the end of the first 9 (starting on the back), so for good measure I also birdied the next one #1, but the regular way: fairway, green, 1 putt. And I already had that one...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Birdied #15 at Mattawang Golf Club today. I hit one of the few good drives I had today 280 yards right down the middle of the fairway on the short par 5 which left me with about 170 yards left to the uphill green. Hit a 7i just off the back of the green onto the fringe 12' from the hole. Lipped out the eagle putt. Tap-in birdie.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 today…which is exciting to me since I think I’ve only had two birdies in the same round 2 other times

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

June 18, birdied #12 at Big Rock in La Quinta.  On that par-4, I began with a poor drive that floated into the rough. It was followed by a 6-iron, intended for the middle of the green, hit it well but not great, came up just short... 5' from the pin.  I made the putt. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Hole 1.  10/18.

1419764395_hole12022.thumb.jpg.b057376fe2f067d0b6db02bfcaf68a04.jpg

• Like 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Ticked 3 more off the list at the weekend, the 1st, 9th and 15th, all par fours, one of them the 15th is one I didnt get last year or ever before in fact so delighted with that. 

• Like 1

It had been a while since my last birdie. Mostly because I haven't played a full round since April. However, last night I birdied number 15 (A par 5) at Bent Tree during league night. I hit a solid tee shot which ended up a little too far left to go for the green in two. So I knocked my second shot in front of the green. Hit a wedge on and putted in a tough right-to-left-downhill-12-footer for birdie. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.