IGNORED

Group Instruction Session NY/OH/PA (@ Golf Evolution)

So, as @iacas mentioned in another thread, I am going to be going to Erie to get a lesson from him in a few weeks but in talking with him, we kicked around the idea of potentially doing a group lesson like we did a few years ago which was very successful, IMO (https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/104779-chautauqua-nyerie-pa-gathering-august-1-2-2020/)

So, wanted to see if there was any interest in doing another group gathering sometime in August depending on @iacas's availability.   Don't have any dates specific in mind but thought i'd throw it out there first to see if ppl wanted and could do this.  We also played a round the day after the lesson so I'd be open to that, too.

Tagging folks who went to the last gathering who I think would back me up in not only how helpful it was, but also how much fun the gathering was (and to see if they wanted to hang out with me again).

@DinnerTime
@saevel25
@Carl3
@Bonvivant

@Divot Master

@BretzFit

@Slice of Life

@Bigmackc18

@BradSomrak

@Slim_Pivot

@GolfLug

@vasaribm
@DrizZzY

@Hardspoon

@ChetlovesMer

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Group Instruction Session NY/OH/PA (@ Golf Evolution)
  • Administrator

Early August.

@NatalieB goes back to school on the 11th or so.

But, yes, looking forward to it if we can sort something out. And if not, @RFKFREAK will come down for a day or two or three.

But if two or three others can come… cool. Because then he can have someone with whom to play.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am interested, that was fun. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

@RFKFREAK, greatly appreciate you tagging me. It was a great event. I will be out early August for another bucket list golf trip so I am going to have to sit this one out in interest of staying married.😄 .  Keep me in the know for the next one whenever it works out. 

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

I'm always interested. 
It might be a challenge for me as my daughter's, my wife's, my mother's and my sister's birthdays are all in August, so I'll have to squeeze it in, but I'm definitely interested. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

31 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

my daughter's, my wife's, my mother's and my sister's birthdays are all in August

Amazing! That's gotta be fun every year..:beer:

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

Amazing! That's gotta be fun every year..:beer:

Fun, yes.

It's also kind of amazing because they are each exactly one week apart. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

@RFKFREAK, greatly appreciate you tagging me. It was a great event. I will be out early August for another bucket list golf trip so I am going to have to sit this one out in interest of staying married.😄 .  Keep me in the know for the next one whenever it works out. 

Golf > Staying married. 🤣

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm always interested. 
It might be a challenge for me as my daughter's, my wife's, my mother's and my sister's birthdays are all in August, so I'll have to squeeze it in, but I'm definitely interested. 

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!  Would be great to see you again!  BTW, mine's in August, too, haha.

30 minutes ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

Hmmm... ponder mode engaged. Four+ hours from SE Michigan is doable.

Current skill level matter?

I'm a terrible golfer so the current skill level def does not matter.   @iacas is good at group instruction so really is worth getting a lesson from him, IMO.

• Like 1

Christian

11 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

I'm a terrible golfer so the current skill level def does not matter.

Cool :-)

11 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

@iacas is good at group instruction so really is worth getting a lesson from him, IMO.

I don't doubt that for a minute.  God knows instruction wouldn't hurt me any :-D

Drive time for me would be about 4½ hours.  No problem.  Heck, I drove over five hours, round trip, just a few months back to snag a piece of gym gear from halfway across the state.  If I did that I can do this :-)

Sounds fun and educational.  Serious ponder mode now.

I would love to do this. I wish I was not so far away.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

8 hours ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

Cool :-)

I don't doubt that for a minute.  God knows instruction wouldn't hurt me any :-D

Drive time for me would be about 4½ hours.  No problem.  Heck, I drove over five hours, round trip, just a few months back to snag a piece of gym gear from halfway across the state.  If I did that I can do this :-)

Sounds fun and educational.  Serious ponder mode now.

If you are on the fence about going, maybe my opinion will help give you the push needed to get you to Erie.    Erik is an excellent instructor.   He's concise, direct, and very inciteful.   If I were healthy and playing, I'd definitely be up to making the trip.   Stu and I made the trip in October 2021 and I enjoyed every minute there.   If I were closer, I'd be there on a regular basis.   

Make the time to make the trip. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

51 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

If you are on the fence about going, maybe my opinion will help give you the push needed to get you to Erie.    Erik is an excellent instructor.   He's concise, direct, and very inciteful.   If I were healthy and playing, I'd definitely be up to making the trip.   Stu and I made the trip in October 2021 and I enjoyed every minute there.   If I were closer, I'd be there on a regular basis.   

Make the time to make the trip. 

I agree 100% but simply can’t make it this year 😒

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Looks like we have a good amount of interest.

@iacas can you share some dates with your availability?

Well… if we're looking at weekends (with Friday being a possible start day: say some could arrive Friday, Saturday could be mostly instructional, Sunday y'all could play and go home)…

• July 28-30
  • August 4-6

Thoughts?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

If I were closer, I'd be there on a regular basis.   

If I lived closer I might just ask my employer to deposit a percentage of my pay directly into Erik's bank account. 🤣

23 minutes ago, iacas said:

Well… if we're looking at weekends (with Friday being a possible start day: say some could arrive Friday, Saturday could be mostly instructional, Sunday y'all could play and go home)…

• July 28-30
  • August 4-6

Thoughts?

If others have the flexibility, I'm not limited to weekends.

• Funny 1

Christian

1 minute ago, RFKFREAK said:

If I lived closer I might just ask my employer to deposit a percentage of my pay directly into Erik's bank account. 🤣

I’d wager he could arrange that.

• Funny 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold)