IGNORED

2012 AT&T National at Congressional Country Club Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger now leads FedEx cup standings, 3rd win this season, #2 all time in wins, but by the end of the night there will be a new thread that trashes him just like Faldo was.  Tiger isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt from from his harshest critics until he beats Jacks record, and even then it's no certainty.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Impressive win by Tiger. His 9 iron approach on 18 was an incredible shot. Be great if he could bag a major this year to complete the comeback.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

• Administrator
Originally Posted by brocks

Tiger hit that with the club that he wrapped around the tree on 12.

Jim Furyk was the last guy to win three times in a season, and he got Player of the Year for it. Now Tiger has three wins just halfway through the season, and he's still improving.

It will take a while for the rankings to catch up, but he's clearly the best player in the world again.

Good catch on the 9I.

Jim Furyk won the FedExCup, too. That helped. Tiger might need a major to get POTY. And, if you ask him, I'm sure you'd agree he'd probably say he'd give all the regular PGA Tour wins he'll get in 2012 to win a major if he otherwise wouldn't win one.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Eldrick looks like he's swinging too hard again...he wasn't swinging that hard at bay hill or the memorial...that's not a good thing...

Colin P.

Great win by Tiger.

Tiger beat the field while having visible troubles throughout the tournament. His putting was quite a bit better. Great to see him win his 3rd. Hope he caps it off with a major (or two).

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

• Administrator
Originally Posted by colin007

Eldrick looks like he's swinging too hard again...he wasn't swinging that hard at bay hill or the memorial...that's not a good thing...

Uhm.

Anyway, anyone know what his OWGR will be tomorrow? He will probably still be fourth, huh? He only had 6.70 compared to Lee's 8.33.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

He is wearing a different shirt... His shirt has silver buttons.  It is a breathable material that looks like a jersey as it has small holes like a warm-up jumper used for basketball.

It is likely the Masters shirt linked in another post.  The Masters shirt also has the black stripe on the shoulder top seam from the collar to the sleeve.  It almost looked like the shirt he wore today had little black dots on it, but I'm guessing those are actually just the holes you guys alluded to which give it a jersey-like appearance.

Originally Posted by brocks

It will take a while for the rankings to catch up, but he's clearly the best player in the world again.

Originally Posted by iacas

Anyway, anyone know what his OWGR will be tomorrow? He will probably still be fourth, huh? He only had 6.70 compared to Lee's 8.33.

Curious about this as well.  It seems inevitable that he will be #1 in OWGR by the end of the year, because he is clearly the best player right now.  Who knows what next month will bring, but it surely looks like he's only going to improve as he is likely now in a comfort zone that will allow him to work on his short game more.

Weren't they reporting that he didn't even practice last week (relatively speaking?)?  Scary.

In other news, I'm probably just illustrating how slow I am on the uptake here, but for the first time I picked up on something with Seung Yul Noh's name.  I'm guessing it's been mentioned here plenty of times before, but not until midway through the broadcast did I hear Jim Nantz say "Soon you'll know" and I looked up to see Seung hitting a great approach shot.  I got a kick out of it the rest of the round.

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I'm too lazy to figure it exactly, but assuming the medium-strength field he beat is worth about 46 points, he'll add about 1.1 points to his average, giving him about a 7.8 average tomorrow, so he'll still be 4th.

huge dub by tiger today.

sooner or later de jonge will figure this final round thing out.  his round today kind of reminded me of last year at the john deere where he disappeared and shot a 74.  the guy has more birdies than anyone on tour by far since '09 with 1,402 - way too much game to not be winning.  maybe he should seek out the sports psychologist dufner uses?  anyway, he seems like a solid dude, and i wish him the best.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Weren't they reporting that he didn't even practice last week (relatively speaking?)?  Scary.

In Tigers pre-Colonial interview, he stated that after the US Open, he didn't touch a club.  He spent that time, the week following the Olympic, with his kids.  I'm sure he hit 1,000 balls though since Monday...

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

In Tigers pre-Colonial interview, he stated that after the US Open, he didn't touch a club.  He spent that time, the week following the Olympic, with his kids.  I'm sure he hit 1,000 balls though since Monday...

So that's probably what I'm doing wrong too.  If I take a week off and then hit a few balls I can probably hit my 9iron 190 yards while simultaneously wrapping the shaft around a tree trunk, right?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Uhm. Anyway, anyone know what his OWGR will be tomorrow? He will probably still be fourth, huh? He only had 6.70 compared to Lee's 8.33.

He will still be no 4.... Tiger needs another 200 points to get to no 1. I am thinking this event would offer about 40 plus points. I doubt Greenbrier would offer more than 40 (last year it offered only 30 plus points)....so he needs to win a major (or two) or win at least 1 major and another 2 big events (WGC, etc..) to be no 1 again. I did the math, and if Tiger won the next 3 events he is entered for ( Greenbrier, Open, WGC Bridgestone ) he will be at around 11 points and back to no 1... I've got waaaay too much of time on my hands.....:-P Cheers Ray

Did I hear right, Woods is playing next week at Greenbrier? Then the Open Championship?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Uhm. Anyway, anyone know what his OWGR will be tomorrow? He will probably still be fourth, huh? He only had 6.70 compared to Lee's 8.33.

Erik, you don't think he was swinging out of his shoes a few times? I'm not saying the whole tournament but more than once?

Colin P.

Did I hear right, Woods is playing next week at Greenbrier? Then the Open Championship?

Yes, he's already entered according to his website.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by nevets88

Yep.  He's playing Greenbrier.  He's putting some miles on that left knee and achilles... I believe it is just to show the world how the Seals are responsible for ruining the health of the greatest athlete to walk the planet.

Originally Posted by colin007

Erik, you don't think he was swinging out of his shoes a few times? I'm not saying the whole tournament but more than once?

When you're good.  You're good.

Video of Tiger's 9-iron shot around the tree: [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nD_d4QlOeI[/video]

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Note: This thread is 4315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!