IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Couldn't take it anymore. I've been practicing in the garage or going to a simulator all winter but finally hit some shots off the frozen turf with the new 5i. Felt good to see actual ball flight.

Some days I'm tempted to get in the car and keep driving south until I find an open golf course. The only good thing about winter is that I'm completing projects I wouldn't think about starting during golf season. Just put a new flooring down in the bedroom. Of course, every time I went out to the garage to use the mitre saw, I'd end up hitting 20 or 30 shots off the mat.

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FINALLY got out to swing some this weekend! Had my first lesson of the season scheduled on Saturday and it was just warm enough that we we're actually able to hit some balls outdoors for half the lesson. Sunday was also warm enough to hit the range. Felt great hitting some balls and I was pleasantly surprised how well I was striking it given how long its been. Sadly, the cold weather is back so this weekend was just a tease. Oh well, spring will be here soon enough.

Yea I am getting that golfing itch right now. I'm finding myself more and more practicing in front of the mirror. The Ohio golfer is coming out of hibernation early. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yea I am getting that golfing itch right now. I'm finding myself more and more practicing in front of the mirror. The Ohio golfer is coming out of hibernation early.

They have a launch monitor and video system at Kittyhawk. $25 for 30 min I think. Might have to check that out.

- Shane

They have a launch monitor and video system at Kittyhawk. $25 for 30 min I think. Might have to check that out.

Say what?

I am shocked that a Dayton Muni can afford that :-O;-)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

From out of nowhere, we warmed up to 50-plus this weekend and I got out Sunday. It was good to get out and good to get some exercise, but whatever ability I had is flat gone. Back to square one it seems.

Fresh steaming pile of ten inches of snow here. Eff my life.

We had 8 yesterday and will have another foot today.  Plus my roof is leaking! :pound: Snow must have got under the siding and over the flashing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The Golf Academy that I go to on lunch breaks (just blocks away from my work) closed down out of nowhere 3 days ago...(just found out today)

you have no idea how sad I am... :cry:

thank goodness i'm slowly making ground on getting my wife to move to Florida.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Never seems to fail the last few years - our tourneys are always the 2nd Saturday of the month and during the winter it is always the coldest day of the month - teeing off in sub 40 degree weather tomorrow morning. Playing in the mid 50s today will partially prepare me for tomorrow.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Another arctic blast is coming to Ohio. Maybe after this one re-freezes the big lake up the street, I will do what I've been wanting to... drive a golf ball on the frozen surface and hit it with my rangefinder to see how far it went. 400 yards?

- Shane

Another arctic blast is coming to Ohio. Maybe after this one re-freezes the big lake up the street, I will do what I've been wanting to... drive a golf ball on the frozen surface and hit it with my rangefinder to see how far it went. 400 yards?

I would think you could get that.

Video it... :-)

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Today I looked out the kitchen window. It was -3° and a herd of deer were grazing in the backyard. I wanted to ask them if I could play through, but it was too cold.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w10/3Huskies/snow%202%20more_zpsjizh28w4.jpg This was before the storm was over. Stockade fence is 6 feet high too...

Couldn't take it anymore. I've been practicing in the garage or going to a simulator all winter but finally hit some shots off the frozen turf with the new 5i. Felt good to see actual ball flight.

Some days I'm tempted to get in the car and keep driving south until I find an open golf course. The only good thing about winter is that I'm completing projects I wouldn't think about starting during golf season. Just put a new flooring down in the bedroom. Of course, every time I went out to the garage to use the mitre saw, I'd end up hitting 20 or 30 shots off the mat.

very similar here as well, just got done building my Wife a pantry in the kitchen and built my children a window seat in their rooms.  I also at least twice a week hit wiffle ball golf balls with a PW in my bedroom...I can get a full swing and it's all about muscle memory for me at this time of the yr...been so cold here in Pa the last few days I couldn't think of doing anything like that outside lol

Regular snowfall and cold temperatures with no end in sight; It's like the movie Groundhog Day. :surrender:

Not as bad as Boston but pretty much the same result golf-wise. :no:

So depressing because my friends are doing a golf getaway to Myrtle Beach the Thur-Sun. after St. Patrick's Day and my work life won't allow me to go. :censored:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf: