IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Great pic @bkuehn1952. I've been up here for 21 years and trusting the ice is something I still haven't gotten used to. It has to be several inches thick for me to consider it.

Been warm up here the last couple of days. Still a lot of snow on the ground but I'll still hit 'em. Finding where they landed can be a bit of challenge.

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played my first round on a frozen course today. Hit the green, bounces off like cement. :(

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

On 12/30/2016 at 7:30 AM, boogielicious said:

How will they survive?:~(

I played golf in shorts in Florida on this day.  :-D

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

On 1/2/2017 at 8:37 AM, bkuehn1952 said:

Got a bit of cabin fever here in the Frozen Mitten.  As @dennyjones mentioned, the snow is pretty much gone. I thought it might be cool to play 12/31/2016 and 1/1/2017.

IMG_1766.JPG

Did you take a divot on that shot?

We usually play all year round here. Average snow here is 11" last night we got almost a foot of snow. Next 10 days calling for rain. The snow will  be gone a perhaps 10 days but the courses here will be a quagmire and unplayable. So it looks like no golf more than likely the rest of the month. :-(

1 hour ago, Gator Hazard said:

Did you take a divot on that shot?

Ha!  I hit it with a putter.  Ice and golf soft spikes don't work well.  I had a hard time just standing. 

Brian Kuehn

2 hours ago, sgvg said:

Would you rather play in the rain or in the sunny cold?

Either. Most of the courses here are closed anyway. :-(

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 hours ago, sgvg said:

Would you rather play in the rain or in the sunny cold?

My preference is sunny cold until it reaches 32 (f) or 0 (c) and the ground and greens freeze. Once things freeze up the game changes so fundamentally that it is less enjoyable to me.

Rain is okay if light or intermittent.  I typically won't start a round in a steady rain with little chance it will let up during the round.  When puddles form on the green, casual water is every where, and finding a semi-dry patch of ground is hard, I typically will not play.

If it is January or February, then forget what I just said.  Let's do 27!! ;-)

Brian Kuehn

I'd prefer sunny and cold with not too much wind. I can't stand playing in steady rain.

However, the last time we played, a couple of days after Christmas, we got soaked and froze pretty good on #8 and 9 by an unexpected rain squall. My buddy and I had decided to bag it after 9, but when warming up in the clubhouse the sky opened up and the sun came out! So, we decided to play the back, especially after a good needling by the ladies in the group. Whether it's 95 or 35 they're ready to play! I think they have Amazon blood in them!

But, we're pretty well in the "dead of Winter" right now. Single digit temps overnight for the next 3 nights, and it's snowing a blizzard right now. Well, at least the ice fishermen are happy. Insane maniacs the lot of them!

Sunny and cold, way better than constant rain.  Supposed to be 63 degrees on Thursday in the DC metro area.  :-D

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Ready for normal temps to return.

Mother Nature is shining her love light over us the next couple of days.

7day_2.jpg

Probably a bit balmy for the Northerners through Thursday, but more to their liking over the weekend...  :whistle: 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

4 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

It was a chilly weekend in Central FL. Ready for normal temps to return. 

We're taking back your Northerner card Shane. Please mail it to one of the heartier TST members who don't need a "sweatah" when it goes below 70F. :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Just now, boogielicious said:

We're taking back your Northerner card Shane. Please mail it to one of the heartier TST members who don't need a "sweatah" when it goes below 70F. :-P

Gladly. :-D

- Shane

Sunday was supposed to rain a lot down here in the LA basin. It was warm and sunny, but I planned my day to fix two 3D printers. Now it's going to rain for the next 4 days. Arrrgh. . .:mad:

I'd probably go ski or something, except it's too warm up in the local mountains for snow. . .Cross fingers, I might have talked my family into a Mammoth trip with a 200" base and all trails open. :roll:

24 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Gladly. :-D

:-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I vote that we ban everybody from Florida, Arizona, and California from this thread.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint: