IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

[U][/U][quote name="taxgolf" url="/t/72993/tiger-woods-master-catch-all-thread-was-injury-thread/630#post_1081294"]Well, to paraphase: TW wrong, Tw right, my TW. What I admire in US culture, is the ability to give a lot/true respect to their sporting hero's. Something I feel we lack in my country. Somehow, I feel that aspect is lost when it comes down to TW.   [/quote] Apparently you don't know your homeboy @Silent ! [CONTENTEMBED=/t/76327/joost-luiten layout=block][/CONTENTEMBED] :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I d make a living of saving taxes:-D Exception does prove the rule. You Americans know how to honor you sportlink heroes, even if they did something wrong in the past. At the end, they do get the recogniton. Anyway, That's how I see it from across the ocean. Everything TW does, is under glass and that sometimes seems to be forgotten. I guess he is no saint, but so are his fellow competitiors.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know when El Tiggerooni will be teeing it up next?

Hopefully in San Diego ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This thread is here for a reason, so I'll bump it up.

Another year, another injury, another WD. This has been going on for so long now, I've lost faith in him being able to compete properly again. Maybe some good days here and there, but over longer periods of time? I don't know...

He's got chipping issues, swing issues and health issues. And it's been going on for years now. He may have fixed some injury issues, but his back never seems to get back in order. And his game is suffering big from all this.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Kelvin Miyahira: Tiger Woods 2015 back pain theory

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

First the guy needs to understand camera angles. When he's viewing tiger down the line the camera on the left is over the ball and higher up than the camera on the right which is lower and on the toe line. Hard to make analysis when the camera angles are off.

I am not sure I like him classifying things as modern, scientific swing. That sounds like he has an axe to grind versus what his theory might be on the swing.

Just a bit skeptical of his thoughts on why Tiger's back is hurting.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Kelvin Miyahira: Tiger Woods 2015 back pain theory

I'm not sure I really agree with Kelvin's theory, but one thing I noticed about the swings when you compare him side-by-side is that the more recent swings seem more violent, even by Tiger's standards. He's really jumping hard, maybe too much if it's hurting his back?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

good question- what's his schedule over the next couple of months, anyone hear?

Nothing so far afaik.

http://www.tigerwoods.com/on-tour/schedule-results/

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

It would be huge if he came to the Tampa Bay event - won't happen, though...

-------------------------------

When will Tiger Woods activate his glutes next? That is the million-dollar question of the moment. On Feb. 5, Woods withdrew from the Farmers Insurance Open after 11 holes in the first round complaining of lower back pain and explaining “my glutes are shutting off . . . they never stayed activated.”

That line has led to Woods being the butt of a thousand jokes, but in all seriousness, what does this latest setback mean for his upcoming tournament schedule?

It is unlikely that Woods will fly back to the West Coast for the Northern Trust Open next week. But that comes as no surprise. He hasn’t played at host site Riviera since 2006. Then the Tour begins its Florida Swing, in which Woods traditionally has played at Doral (WGC-Cadillac Championship) and Bay Hill (Arnold Palmer Invitational), and added PGA National (Honda Classic) since moving to the area.

Health permitting, Woods likely would tee it up at the Honda Classic , which he has played the last three years, and where his back troubles came to light last year. He withdrew in the final round, underwent microdiscectomy surgery March 31 and missed the Masters and U.S. Open.

Plans to play at Doral, where he has won four times, in the WGC-Cadillac Championship will depend on whether he can qualify or not. Woods fell out of the top 50 in the Official World Golf Ranking after missing the cut at the Waste Management Phoenix Open and dropped to 62nd after the Farmers Insurance Open. He likely will need a top-10 finish at Honda to earn a spot into the limited-field event in Miami.

“The whole idea is to make sure that I’m ready for Augusta, so I’ve got a lot of rounds to play between then and now,” Woods said before the Farmers Insurance Open. “That’s what we’re building for, and if I happen to play well enough to get into Doral, then great; I’ve got four more rounds there. If I don’t, then I’m still trying to peak for Augusta.”

There is another option that week – the opposite-field Puerto Rico Open. Would Woods check his ego at the door in the name of “getting reps”? It would be comparable to when Andre Agassi plummeted in the tennis rankings and was forced to play satellite events, including in his hometown of Las Vegas. (It would be fascinating to see whether Puerto Rico might overshadow Doral if Woods were to show.)

If healthy, Woods surely will be at Bay Hill , where he has won eight times. But where else might he play? In describing the variety of venues on Tour last March, Tiger mentioned Tampa as a tight one and Houston and San Antonio as “pretty big.” Here’s the thing: Tiger wasn’t speaking from experience. He never has played the Golf Club of Houston, home of the Shell Houston Open, nor TPC San Antonio, home of the Valero Texas Open. As for the Copperhead Course at Innisbrook Resort, where the Valspar Championship is held, Woods last played there in the 1996 JCPenney Classic, a hit-and-giggle team event, with Kelli Kuehne.

Of the three, San Antonio may have the best chance. It is scheduled two weeks before the Masters, and Woods prefers to work on his game in solitude the week before a major.

“You've got to get out there and do it,” Woods said after he missed the cut in Phoenix. “Hitting golf balls is one thing, and playing golf at home is another. Playing tournament golf is entirely another.”

The question: Will his back allow him to play at all?

golfweek.com

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/02/tiger-woods-world-ranking-comp.html

Golf Digest has some graphs of Tiger's OWGR. This one is my favorite, showing both how long he was on top and how quickly he's fallen:

Quote:
Since his first major in 1997:
150210-tigerowgr1997-560.jpg
  • Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread