IGNORED

Tiger Hitting Balls Again - How will he do in 2015?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3450 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How will Tiger do in 2015?

• 5+ wins including 1+ majors
    • 2-4 wins including 1+ majors
    • 2+ wins including no majors
    • 1 win of some kind
    • No wins, but a solid year
    • A horrible year altogether

• Administrator
Quote:

According to USA Today, Woods began hitting golf balls last week for the first time since shutting himself down following the PGA Championship in August. Woods, who underwent microdiscectomy surgery to repair a pinched nerve in his back on March 31 before making a brief return to the PGA Tour, had previously only been allowed to chip and putt.

"The doctors said he could hit golf balls again, and he's listening to his doctors and to his body," Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, told USA Today Monday. "He will keep listening to his doctors and body. … He's feeling pretty good."

Woods, 38, is slated to return to competition at the Hero World Challenge Dec. 4-7 at Isleworth Golf and Country Club in Orlando, Fla.

http://golfweek.com/news/2014/oct/20/tiger-woods-back-injury-return-hitting-range-pga/

This comes with a poll.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted 2+ wins but no Majors.

Just not sure how rusty he will be. It took him a while to get back to form after taking a year off. Just not trusting him right now.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I voted for one win of some kind. Could be a major. There are a lot of uncertainties. Will his body hold up? Is he going to make swing changes?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

1 win on tour was my vote.

He's reached the age when aches and pains will disrupt his ability to compete.

Doubt he will play the entire season without another medical incident or has a dramatic occurrence of some sort.

Too many outside distractions also seem to happen which will prevent his ability to play at a high level.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Where's the I have no bloody clue choice? :-(

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'll take an uneducated guess on 2+ and no majors. As usual, I believe his health will be the determining factor.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I voted regular 2 wins with no major victory. It would not be hard for him to win against a weak field if he is reasonably healthy. He'd have be extremely healthy, with solid mechanics, hitting on all cylinders to win a major.

I think if he does win a major, it will be one of the first two, before normal tournament wear, and tear does too much damage.

I also think if there had been a choice that he would incur another season ending injury I might have gave that choice a closer look.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Player of Year.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

What's the word on a new teacher? Isn't that going to have some influence on how he does?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2+ wins no majors.  Complete SWAG (Stupid Wild Ass Guess) based on his ability it win five tournaments in 2013 and expecting some rust after not playing most of 2014.  I'd like to see him win a major just to see him end the drought but it won't be easy.

Joe Paradiso

5+ wins a a couple of majors because let's face it, it is a guess! :-D

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Comeback Player of the Year ... a win of some type.

I think he will find, or has found, an instructor, and they will tweak.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I'm curious how much a pro golfer loses in terms of swing speed and consistency after a layoff like Tiger has had.  I know that in running marathons, a 2+ month layoff would set me back at least 3-4 months and I am not anywhere close to an elite runner.

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator
I'm curious how much a pro golfer loses in terms of swing speed and consistency after a layoff like Tiger has had.  I know that in running marathons, a 2+ month layoff would set me back at least 3-4 months and I am not anywhere close to an elite runner.

Probably not much. You're not comparing like things. Tiger kept training, and I can take months off and still hit the ball farther than most people. Fast twitch stuff doesn't just go away.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Where's the I have no bloody clue choice? :-(

Yeah, me too. Could be anything from a complete disaster, to multiple wins and a major. Sorry @colin007 , I'm pulling for the former! Won't be surprised by the latter though....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Vegas bookies have already set odds for Woods to win The Masters at 15:1.

Steve

I voted 1 win of some kind and felt like I was giving him more benefit (because he's Tiger Woods) than I probably should.

Hope I'm wrong and he wins a Grand Slam.

Note: This thread is 3450 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!