IGNORED

My Progress w/Overspeed Training Using SuperSpeedGolf

Note: This thread is 1218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, iacas said:
2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

On my watch list too:

Expenditures Costs
Golf fitting Done
Clubs Done
2019 Golf $1,500.00
Super Speed Golf $300.00
Edel Putter $450.00
Aimpoint - again/speed $200.00
Skytrak - maybe $1,600.00
Read more  

You coming down to Erie for that Edel bit? 🙂

Eventually, I will.   @tlazzol was impressed.   That's good enough for me. I believe that I'll purchase the Super Speed Golf before winter and work on it all winter.    

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, iacas said:

5-10 is pretty common. I've had juniors add 20-22.

You coming down to Erie for that Edel bit? 🙂

If you're gonna pay to get new ones (which I do recommend - if someone nicked or slightly cracked a shaft on a used one it could be a bad thing), click the link at the bottom of the site, if you would, please. I get like $5 and you pay nothing else, and then you buy from them so they have a record of your warranty, etc.

Sorry, brother. 

I couldn't pass up the thrift shop deal. If they crack, break or whatever, I'll click the link below. Of course I recommend everyone come and see you for an Edel fitting. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

15 hours ago, DeadMan said:

This is something that's on my list to get in the near future. I'm curious - what type of speed gains have you all seen from this? Are you looking at a 5 mph gain or more?

I went from 100mph to 110mph measured on both GC Quad and Trackman after about 3-4 months of doing the program last winter. 

The combination of the faster clubhead speed and getting into a driver that fits my swing has resulted in my average drive increasing 25 yds from 2018 to 2019 (240 to 265, and 275 yd average over my last 5 rounds)

I stopped (not quite sure why) once spring came but surprisingly I haven't lost any clubhead speed. I view this as a nice off season training activity to keep me swinging.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

1 hour ago, klineka said:

I went from 100mph to 110mph measured on both GC Quad and Trackman after about 3-4 months of doing the program last winter. 

The combination of the faster clubhead speed and getting into a driver that fits my swing has resulted in my average drive increasing 25 yds from 2018 to 2019 (240 to 265, and 275 yd average over my last 5 rounds)

I stopped (not quite sure why) once spring came but surprisingly I haven't lost any clubhead speed. I view this as a nice off season training activity to keep me swinging.

Sold! Haha. My current swing speed is right around yours (102-105 range), so even thought of an extra 10 mph is getting me excited.

Definitely something I'm going to do this offseason.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

On 8/28/2019 at 2:25 PM, iacas said:

It is.

Cool. I have a vacation coming up in a couple of weeks so I'll probably wait until late September or early October and get it.

Swing speed radar also, yes?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Yes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 1/19/2019 at 3:10 PM, iacas said:

Let's stick to the topic here please. It's not the club fitting or the facility.

Just use "iacas" or the link at the bottom of the page:

Contact SuperSpeed Golf if you have questions regarding your order or products.

I do ask that you also put the "iacas" coupon code in when you get to the order page, like this:

image.png

Thank you. If you buy this way let me know and I'll make you a Supporter here at TST for awhile.

https://superspeedgolf.com/collections/all-products?aff=40

Is there still a place to “apply coupon”?  I got to the screen where I’m entering payment info and didn’t see it yet.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I’ve had my SS sticks for about a month now. Did the protocol for only 4 sessions  right out of the box and put them aside until I finish a work project next month and have more time. Went from 106 avg driver swing speed to 114. 

Excited to see what consistent use will do. 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Is there still a place to “apply coupon”?  I got to the screen where I’m entering payment info and didn’t see it yet.

I don’t think so. I think clicking the banner at the bottom does it for you.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...

I have the sticks in my shop, and the pro shop worker and myself were messing around to see what we can get to with the green.  I started the day at 119mph and I wasn't really trying to swing fast, just what my normal swing is. Then we went for it and I got to 139mph while he got to 146mph.  I wanted to get to 140 but I got tired.  It pumped me up a little bit because I hadn't been swinging fast for a while, and I think I found out why as I started getting into the upper 130's.  Need to feel the hands "release" more (I don't like that term but its hard to explain). Felt like the arms were trying to do too much and the hands nothing.

• Like 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

On 1/28/2019 at 8:27 PM, klineka said:

Tonight was my first time doing the protocol in 10 days due to weather, and was really surprised, hit a new  all time PR with the green club and it was in the last set of stationary swings at the end, not the step through swings. 

I figured for sure it'd take a few sessions to work my way back up but doesnt seem like I lost any speed, which might mean the current speed gains I have made have become my new baseline which is really encouraging to see.

20190128_172048.jpg

Congratulations on your progress. That's awesome. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered it today. Will work it into my regular workout schedule, shouldn't be hard to do. Looking forward to swinging faster and hitting more bombs 😎

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, billchao said:

Ordered it today. Will work it into my regular workout schedule, shouldn't be hard to do. Looking forward to swinging faster and hitting more bombs 😎

I see it! Awesome.

13 hours ago, billchao said:

Now you will out drive me by 80 yards??? :-P

I am going to start up again. I think my swing is in good enough shape. I will also make it part of my routine this winter.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Now you will out drive me by 80 yards??? :-P

Only when my ball lands on the backside of a hill and kicks forward 40 more yards. I can still see that shot in my head.

Too bad I only made par.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

Since I got layed off from work I’ve been at the gym everyday.  I just put the sticks back in the car this week to start back up.  Usually I wait until January to start but since I’m out, gives me something to work on.

I've done it the last 2 years, usually just the first 2 protocols and it keeps my speed up plus slight gains.  I stop when the season starts so I don’t throw off my timing or tempo. 
I think maybe this year to try to get all the protocols done and see what kind of results I see.  Only thing is it looks like it’s a 52 week program which has me ending at my winter season. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Something to remember if you are using the blue or red “Swingspeed Radar”...

When swinging without a ball add 5-10% to the number on the screen to get a realistic number.  It’s in the instruction manual.

I just started up and was recording my baseline numbers.  They seemed low for how fast the sticks were moving.  I went out and got my driver.  Swung that and that was 10 mph less than I normally see when hitting balls on any radar.  

So again, add in the 5-10% and the numbers will be correct

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2019 at 4:54 PM, phillyk said:

I have the sticks in my shop, and the pro shop worker and myself were messing around to see what we can get to with the green.  I started the day at 119mph and I wasn't really trying to swing fast, just what my normal swing is. Then we went for it and I got to 139mph while he got to 146mph.  I wanted to get to 140 but I got tired.  It pumped me up a little bit because I hadn't been swinging fast for a while, and I think I found out why as I started getting into the upper 130's.  Need to feel the hands "release" more (I don't like that term but its hard to explain). Felt like the arms were trying to do too much and the hands nothing.

You got a swing speed of 139 MPH?  Wow, mine is around 110 and questioned how much help this would be for someone like me.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Note: This thread is 1218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!