IGNORED

What color is this dress?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3342 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What color is the dress?

• White and Gold
    • Blue and Black
    • I see something else

I see white and gold, vote for what you see.

Here's some info on the science behind it.

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

Quote:

Not since Monica Lewinsky was a White House intern has one blue dress been the source of so much consternation.

(And yes, it’s blue.)

The fact that a single image could polarize the entire Internet into two aggressive camps is, let’s face it, just another Thursday. But for the past half-day, people across social media have been arguing about whether a picture depicts a perfectly nice bodycon dress as blue with black lace fringe or white with gold lace fringe. And neither side will budge. This fight is about more than just social media—it’s about primal biology and the way human eyes and brains have evolved to see color in a sunlit world.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This thing is for real? I saw it and just assumed somebody out there was trolling everyone. ;-) I see white and gold, BTW, in the well-lit picture. As for the other picture, I see a white and gold dress in really poor lighting (yes I know it was photoshopped).

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Now that I know the dress is actually black and blue in real life, it's easy to see it as black and blue in the top picture.  I can still see it as white and gold as well though.

It kind of reminds me of the spinning dancer thingy (http://psychology.about.com/od/sensationandperception/ig/Optical-Illusions/spinning-dancer-illusion.htm) and also those pictures that looked like nothing until you stared blankly into them and they turned into some cool 3d image.

Now that I know the dress is actually black and blue in real life, it's easy to see it as black and blue in the top picture.  I can still see it as white and gold as well though.

It kind of reminds me of the spinning dancer thingy (http://psychology.about.com/od/sensationandperception/ig/Optical-Illusions/spinning-dancer-illusion.htm) and also those pictures that looked like nothing until you stared blankly into them and they turned into some cool 3d image.

Yep I can only get the top picture to look black and blue now.  A little bit white and gold I guess if I tilt the screen down.  Hehe.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

The very first time I saw it yesterday it looked white and gold. Ever since I haven't been able to see anything but black and blue.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I can see the debate on white or blue, but in no universe is that trim black.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I can see the debate on white or blue, but in no universe is that trim black.

Give it a few hours.  It will start to look that way for you.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

I saw it yesterday and it's still white and gold to me.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher

I saw it yesterday and it's still white and gold to me.

Me too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The very first time I saw it yesterday it looked white and gold. Ever since I haven't been able to see anything but black and blue.

Weird, me too. Wonder if its a learned response?

Clicked the link, didn't really answer the question.

Steve

Yeah, that's not turning black or blue.. Not sure how anyone can see anything other than white and gold.. Crazy mind tricks? I'll check in in a couple of days to see if something has changed :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

So very white and gold.

then I watch the back and forth clip

now it is very difficult to get white and gold - 99% of the time it's not black and blue

weird

Bill - 

[QUOTE name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/80450/what-color-is-this-dress#post_1109970"] I can see the debate on white or blue, but in no universe is that trim black.[/QUOTE] Give it a few hours.  It will start to look that way for you.

I dunno, it's been an hour and it still not black. Blue and "something dark" sure, but certainly not black. Are you guys actually seeing blue and black in the first pic (the static one)???? I see blue and "something dark" in the pic that flashes back and forth, but the static pic is white and gold all the way.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Weird, me too. Wonder if its a learned response? Clicked the link, didn't really answer the question.

Yeah I think that is a big part of it. Once I could see the blue and black, now I can't see anything but blue and black.

Nate

I still don't see black. Can see both white and blue though.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I only see white and gold. I can see some blue if I try to focus on the white only. No way that trim is anything but gold.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3342 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!