IGNORED

Will Tiger Play in the 2015 Masters? YES!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will Tiger play in the 2015 Masters?

• Yes
    • No

• Administrator

I could be more of a business decision than anything else.

I don't think it'll be a business decision at all. Maybe if he's 49% to go that pushes him just over the edge, but "more of a business decision"? Not on your life. Or mine. No way.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

From all of the articles out there, his current chances are better than 50/50. My guess is that he’ll play. He skipped two tournaments that he loves (Doral and Bay Hill) to prepare for the Augusta Masters. He’s always been one of those golfers that was always seemingly prepared to go at any time, but with age and injuries, I think Tiger is at most “a hopeful without a guarantee” until he gets that confidence back. But his lack of confidence and solid play might not be golf mechanics alone. I’m thinking the indecisiveness about playing tournament golf is related to the back surgery not being the fix-all solution he was hoping for. Many times after surgery, especially with the natural effects of aging and the onset of conditions such as basal arthritis, the patient experiences irreversible nerve damage. To counteract the swelling and limit the pain, I’m sure he’s on some form of BRM Therapy. Of course, this would certainly explain the lack of feel, lethargy and that abnormal clumsiness that we’ve seen from The Tiger in recent tournaments. One good thing is that many of the harshest symptoms subside in 6-8 weeks and the patient starts feeling normal again. My guess is that he started a new drug therapy and he’s in a watchful waiting period to see if the feel comes back before making a decision to play the Masters.
  • Upvote 1

I could be wrong, but I don't think he skipped Doral as much as he didn't make it into the tournament.

As for those saying 50/50, they are guessing.  50/50 odds is either he will or he won't.  No useful information there.

Now if they said there is 70% chance he'll play, then we have something to talk about.  All these pundits saying 50/50 are useless.

But seriously, I doubt he will play.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-plane-spotted-augusta-2015-masters

Quote:

According to a report by the Augusta Chronicle , Tiger Woods' plane was parked at the Augusta Regional Airport Tuesday morning. A plane matching the tail numbers of Woods' Gulfstream G5 reportedly sat in the private aircraft terminal.

It's common for Tour players to visit Augusta National and play practice rounds in the weeks before the first major of the season, which begins next week.

He's either there preparing to play, or putting on an elaborate show to make us all think he's playing ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-plane-spotted-augusta-2015-masters

He's either there preparing to play, or putting on an elaborate show to make us all think he's playing

But what happens if he plays two practice rounds and shoots 79 and 82? If that happens, I doubt he'll tee it up on the 9th.

He's playin. He won't shoot 79 and 82 in the practice rounds because it's...practice. He'll do that Thurs and Fri.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

He'll play, possibly badly, but he'll play. He has played 18 practice holes at Augusta but is yet to decide whether his game is "tournament ready".

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

http://www.tigerwoods.com/news/2015/04/03/116152982/tiger-to-play-the-masters-next-week/

[grabs popcorn, straps self down for madness in this thread]

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I'll have to practice up using my mute button. TGC will be unwatchable.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

So happy to hear that Tiger is playing.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

So happy to hear that Tiger is playing.

You and me both. Hopes are high, expectations are low.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

I don't know who likes Tiger and who doesn't on here. But I for one am fired up to watch Tiger!

Me too! Whether or not you you like his personality, he is great to watch.......box office. I imagine Rory will be quite happy as it will take some of the focus away from him.

Matt

I am glad I was wrong about him regarding the Masters.

I am so looking forward to watching it now.  Of course, it could be a huge let down - I hope not.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 3319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!