IGNORED

Finish this sentence: Your socks should match __________?

Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. When wearing slacks on the golf course, your socks should match _____ ?

• Your shoes.
    • Your pants.
    • Your shirt.
    • Your accessories (hat and/or belt).
    • Your shoes or pants - either is equally acceptable.
    • Your shoes, pants or shirt.
    • Any of the above - just match them to SOMETHING.
    • Each other - anything else is gravy.

It's golf, and it's what works for you.

But let's not do white shoes, black socks, and white pants... or anything similar.

If you wear no-show socks, it does not matter - but white no-show for white shoes, and black no-show for black shoes works better.

As to slacks, I wear multi color below the calf socks most of the time, and like to have one color with the slacks.

I rarely (never) wear long white socks unless I have white pants.

Low socks with slacks? I say no but I will do it anyway when I don't give a sh#t.

Good luck out there in the fashionable golf world...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is this a trick question?   I grab the 1st pair of socks out of my drawer regardless of color, length, shape, origin of manufacturing, ....   Don't all the men do that?

If I am forced to answer, it should match your feet.   I could not vote b/c my answer isn't listed.

The well-dressed, gentleman golfer most certainly does not commit so blatant a faux pas as not matching his socks to his... whatever.

For myself, when I hear "white belt and shoes", I can't help but imagine something like this:

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

I thought it was a fashion foul to wear low socks with slacks.

Haha.  Yeah, I'd believe that's true.  Fortunately for me I've chosen a career and locations/regions where the only time I wear something that even possibly might qualify as slacks is to weddings :-)

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Belt.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Each other.  And even that's optional as long as your wife doesn't catch you!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Each other.  And even that's optional as long as your wife doesn't catch you!

That pretty much describes how it works at my home, LOL.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

If wearing shorts, your socks should match your shoes. If wearing pants, socks are something that allows a pop of color and style to show. You could match them to your shirt, belt, or hat.

What should I do with all these white socks I have?

Save them for your running sneakers or gym...

Vishal S.

I try to match my socks to my hybrid head cover. I'm not an uncultured troglodyte, after all. If you have more than one hybrid, go with the highest-numbered hybrid.

Should match your undies.

So fur or lace. Better to go lace if it's hot out.

One of two things is occurring here:

Either EJ has commandeered @dkolo 's account, or I have been replaced as your "brother from another mother."

Either way ... :cry:

;-)

I'm working a half day today and then hitting the golf course.  I'm going to be wearing grey slacks, a red shirt, and white shoes/belt/hat.  I realized that I don't have any grey socks to match these pants, so I'm going with white to match the shoes.  To speed things up from work to the course, I'm already wearing everything except the shoes - which means I have white socks on beneath grey slacks and black shoes.  This is, I already know, ridiculous. I look like Michael Jackson when I'm sitting down.  But I digress ...

Let's hear everybody's fashion ideas in regards to looking good on the course (while wearing slacks).

you want to look good on the course?  hit your drives straight, stop your ball on the green, make putts

as for fashion.....one second, I need to find a girl to ask this question - be right back

Bill - 

Pretty much anything goes on the golf course, as long as the socks match each other.

Personally, I don't wear white socks with slacks. On the other hand with shorts and no-show, or short ankle socks (whatever you call them) I only wear white.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

If wearing shorts, your socks should match your shoes.

If wearing pants, socks are something that allows a pop of color and style to show. You could match them to your shirt, belt, or hat.

ahh, a man after my own socks...

:-D

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Hmm, I wanted to say shoes, but there could be a situation where you are wearing white shoes with black pants in which case white socks would not work.

So I said pants. This is the boring route, so I probably don't even follow my own rule, but it is the safest way.

Michael

If wearing shorts, your socks should match your shoes.

If wearing pants, socks are something that allows a pop of color and style to show. You could match them to your shirt, belt, or hat.

I agree with this. At work I have to wear a dress shirt with tie, and my socks almost always match the tie. With shorts I always wear ankle/no show socks, but with pants a prefer longer socks. If they are black pants, then it'll usually be socks that are mostly dark in color with stripes (or whatever) that are the same as the shirt. That said, I also have a pair of green socks that are the same green as a polo that I have, and I'll wear those at the same time. Basically, I just want the socks to match something, but it doesn't really matter what.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

If I wear shorts, I am going to wear white roll top socks.  If I wear slacks, I am going to wear black crew socks.  It is that simple for me.  If I could pull off wearing white pants like the pros, then maybe I would worry about my socks matching my shirt or else they would be white crew socks.  But, I can't pull off the white pants thing.  I can't even pull of white shorts.  I wear white pants or shorts, I look like I have been mud wrestling by the end of the round.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

[QUOTE name="Shindig" url="/t/82263/finish-this-sentence-your-socks-should-match#post_1147481"] What should I do with all these white socks I have?[/QUOTE] Save them for your running sneakers or gym...

My running/biking/etc sneakers are black Nikes, and my gym shoes are black Converse Chuck Taylors. They'll both look dashing with said socks!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!