IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot an 82 today, with 2 double bogeys on the last 2 holes.  2 birdies, 6 pars, 7 bogeys, and 3 double bogeys.    I hit 12 of 13 fairways but only 12 of 18 GIR.  I need to work on my game from inside 100 and my putting.  I had 37 total putts, with 4 - 3 putts.

4 under 68. 2 eagles, 6 birdies, 2 bogeys and 2 doubles (1 lost tee shot). Played the 4 par 5's 6 under. Great day off the tee and on the greens.

45/43-88  Columbia, IL

I started out really bad and bogeyed and double bogeyed the first two.  The back nine was much better as I hit 2 GiR and 3 nGiR but my putting was just awful.  I suspect my new Edel putter is on the way and I hope I will get some confidence back in my putting really soon.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yesterday, shot the game of my life...88...with an 8 on hole 16! I've never broke 90. Yesterday's game seemed so easy. Get to the ball, figure the distance, pick a club and swing. My handicap is around 24, so this was a huge accomplishment. Hopefully, I can use this as a confidence builder. We'll see what Monday League night brings. WindLaker

44/43 87 on par 71... 37 putts 7 Ob tee shots. Thought I finally had my driver figured out, didn't play for 5 days and it went shaky again. Can't sink a putt that's not a tap in lol. Was having a nice back 9 til I triple bogeyed par 3 #17 with no OB strokes... Been a while since I did that

Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5* S driver
Nike VR-S 3W
Cobra AMP Cell 3H
Callaway Big Bertha 3-10i, 50* W
Ping M/B 56* W
Ping M/B 60* W
Odyssey Black Series #8 

Ugh 40 with 3 3 putts through the first 5, only made par on the two par 3's to that point. Was hitting the ball great but struggled to get the lines. Got it sorted out by 6th hole but no birdies to redeem myself. Quit at 12 because it was too slow. I had a 41 hanging out there so posted as 81C, which trends me down to 8.1. I will get to 7's maybe lower by next revision.

Dave :-)

Totally annoyed with both rounds this weekend.  Shot 87 with several smother hooks today ruining the round.  In 25 holes this weekend where my tee shot was in play (just in play, not in the fairway, not long, but just where I didn't have to chip out sideways or retee), I was +4.  I need to fix this crap NOW.

"Witty golf quote."

Two eagles, a birdie and didn't get to finish!!!!!!! Sorry guys had to vent...

So I had a moment today on the course...   I didn't finish...   But bogeyed 1...  holed out from 121 for eagle on 2...  stuck my approach on the par 5, 5th from 170 to 2 feet and made eagle there too...  finished the front at -2 34...........    Killed drive on the par 5, 10th and missed the green just right on the approach- almost chipped in for another eagle and had a tap in 6 inch birdie...

Sitting at -3 after 10 holes...  I get another par, then lip out to get bogey to stand -2 through 12...  and it GOT TOO DARK!!!!   DAMN IT!!!

That was fun...  I'm not really mad - I've been lucky enough to have some really good rounds when I used to play competitively...  I don't think I would have thrown anything in the 60's but I was flirting with it again and hitting the ball close enough to have opportunities...

Thank you golf god's for a fun and enjoyable 12 holes, but next time don't cut the lights out on me!!!!

• Upvote 1

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Only got one in this weekend.

Sunday

Madden GC (Dayton, OH)

52-52-104

This course always eats my lunch. This time, I hit it off the tee ok. My short game and putting weren't awful, but I couldn't hit an iron to save my life. It's a joke how many times I had 150 yards and a chance at GIR. By the time I was putting, I was trying to save bogey or worse. I have no idea where that came from.

Side note: Tip of the hat to the ladies and gentlemen golfing at Madden. On other courses lately, there have been huge pace-of-play problems. Here, everyone was about their ready golf and let people pass when the opportunity presented itself. While this round stunk out loud, it was far more enjoyable than some of the 5:30 odysseys I've endured.

Two eagles, a birdie and didn't get to finish!!!!!!!  Sorry guys had to vent...

So I had a moment today on the course...   I didn't finish...   But bogeyed 1...  holed out from 121 for eagle on 2...  stuck my approach on the par 5, 5th from 170 to 2 feet and made eagle there too...  finished the front at -2 34...........    Killed drive on the par 5, 10th and missed the green just right on the approach- almost chipped in for another eagle and had a tap in 6 inch birdie...

Sitting at -3 after 10 holes...  I get another par, then lip out to get bogey to stand -2 through 12...  and it GOT TOO DARK!!!!   DAMN IT!!!

That was fun...  I'm not really mad - I've been lucky enough to have some really good rounds when I used to play competitively...  I don't think I would have thrown anything in the 60's but I was flirting with it again and hitting the ball close enough to have opportunities...

Thank you golf god's for a fun and enjoyable 12 holes, but next time don't cut the lights out on me!!!!

Go back, buy 9 and play 13-18 :)

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Played 'almost' 9 at my local course.

Had to sprint off the 9th tee box for the bathroom; not the kind you can do in the bushes. That's as close as I've ever come to an 'accident'.

I was 5 over after 8 holes. That is with a quadruple bogey on 7.

That's the best golf I've ever played. I had an even par going after 6 holes.

Shot an 89 at a links style course that I'd never played before.

46/43

Nothing over bogey on the back.  I had 2 penalty shots on the front which led to triple bogeys.

Hit it fair, but putted better than my usual self.

I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer.  That's the difference my left ear is from my right.  -  Ben Crenshaw

Golf is like a love affair.  If you don't take it seriously its no fun.  If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.  -  Arthur Daley

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive  -  Arnold Palmer

Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues and some on golf courses  -  Adlai Stevenson

40-44-84

Very weird round. Five pars and four bogeys on the front, five pars and four double bogeys on the back. The doubles were bad (only one with a penalty), almost all related to the short game. I was around the green all day and also had three legit birdie opportunities inside ten feet and didn't convert any.

Bill M

40/47 = 87

My swing is all over the place right now. When I swing it like I'm supposed to, I stripe it, but if I lose it, it takes me too many holes to figure it out again...more range time

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Played a weird nine hole round today, because I started 10 over through 4 holes.. Every drive to that point was pulled left.. After that, went 2 over on the last 5, to finish with a 48.. Definitely need to get that down, but considering I started horribly and was on pace for a bad day and was able to turn it around, that's definitely a big plus for my confidence in upcoming matches..

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six, and write down five".

Paul Harvey

I played 3 rounds last week on three different par 72 courses. I shot an 82 on all three of them. Pretty happy with the consistent play, but still need to dial in some of those approach shots from 150+/- yards to get past that 80 mark. Probably could make a few more of those  10'-15' putts too. Later on this week a few of us are going to play at:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/golf/story/_/id/6831277/furnace-creek-golf-course-death-valley-california

They don't call it Furnace Creek for nothing. It's located at Death Valley, California. Any temps below 115*F will be nice for this time of year. Hopefully the recent thunder storms have not done too much damage,

Pretty sure I will shoot my lowest round of the year while there. :beer:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Go back, buy 9 and play 13-18 :)

I thought about it, but it's not the same...  It was fun while it lasted, maybe I found something, I was 3/4 swing on everything and 80% with the driver.

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV