IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played an executive course, a par 61 shot a 78 nothing worse than double bogey and didn't lose a ball missed a couple birdie opportunity's. Definitely feel I am trending in the right direction. 

Shot 39 yesterday. Hit a couple fat shots due to heavy rain earlier in the day.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Frickn 87 on the same track I shot 77 a few weeks ago.

10 pars, pretty good

6 bogeys, OK, not terrible

1 triple, WTF?  2 balls in the water

1 sextuple, FML!!  1 ob, 1 in the water, both stroke and distance.  Hit 5 off the tee and smoothly doubled that ball.  It was 460 into a 20 mph wind but dammit.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

81 on Saturday on an easy course.  had troubles with contact for some reason, and with my long clubs, and kept getting rained on.  Still better than being at work

Bill - 

Shot a really pleasing 85 today, including my first ever 39 for a 9 on the front 9. My driving/ putting was awesome (no 3 putts)!

I got carried away on the back 9 shooting 45 despite still playing some really good golf. Ran a few putts 6 feet past thinking I was Jordan Spieth and went for a few ridiculous shots thinking I was Rory.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning, so I had time after that to play a little bit. I put in some time on the range to work on my long clubs (driver and hybrid are looking great; 4-wood is still a work in progress), and followed that up with 9 holes on the par-3 course at River Pines. I shot a 35, which is three strokes better than my score the last time I played it at in early May. More importantly, I think I only had one toe-hit for the entire round, which has been my big problem since I started playing again. According to the scorecard, Only three greens in regulation, but four of the misses landed just off the putting surface; chipping and putting wasn't great, but that wasn't really what I was working on.

I have enough trust in my driver to not hit duck-hooks, and my iron and wedge play is fairly solid. I think I'm ready to play a round on a full-length course, which I hope to do in a week or two.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Thursday,

Kittyhawk Eagle Course

47-42-89

I've broke 90 several times on much easier courses. This was the first time on this course and that was gratifying.

After struggling with the driver for the past week or two, I seem to be getting closer. Hit 9 fairways and only had one really bad one. That resulted in the only penalty of the round. Adjustments to my chipping seem to be paying off. Holed one for a birdie and got a number close. That led to only one three-putt. 

Shot a personal best of 80 made a birdie on 2. Hit almost all of the fairways had one go waaayyyy left.  

Shot a 38 on the front par 36. Which is also the best I have ever done

the back I didn't do as good but shot a 42 

had a great par save from the fringe for about a 20' putt. Had only 1 3 putt. If I pared 18 I would have gotten my 79 but I hit a tree which came up short. Got on the green in 3 had a 25' uphill with a left slope and I landed it 1foot short of the pin.  But I will take it as I actually am ok at golf. 

Drove average 230 fairly straight 

my 50 and below game was on point landing 5-10fert from the pin . And my putting was actually pretty good today which never happens.  But my problem is I have a hard time doing this when I go out with my golfing buddies.  Maybe I am playing to fast.  I'll try to slow down and concentrate some and see how it goes 

So, played first tournament today. Member Guest with @mcanadiens. Tale of missed putts and 2 tee shots today... I didn't warm up or practice putting at all before the round and the no putting practice probably hurt me more than anything. Way too many 3 putts. I had 1 retee on the front and one on the back. Shot 48 on the front with I think 4 3 putts. Then I turned around and shot a 41 on the back. 3 of the 5 over were missed putts that were makeable, and the other 2 over due to a lost ball off the tee. So, 89 with 7 missed putts and 4 shots lost to ob or lost ball. I'm actually happy with the round, mostly because the mistakes that cost me the most are easy fixes and because I was able to bounce back so well after the bad start on the front.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Played Indian River Preserve (AKA Walkabout) in Mims Florida Saturday. Shot an 88 personal best for this course. Takeaways to many penalty strokes=bad, putting was decent only 1 3 putt, driving was fair but the best part of the game was where I struggle the most, 100 yards and in. All in all day was a success. If any of you are in the Brevard County Area of Florida you need to play this course, it was in tip top shape, very affordable and probably the nicest layout in the area.

Stroke play last June 5th. Borring round 76. 14 pars, 4 bogeys. Reach front green in 3 Par 5 but chipped very short. First time playing with my brand new Irons (Titleist 716 Ap1). Really nice clubs, leave my old ping isi at home for good.

This weekend played a 2 day fourball tournament at my home course too. I´d pair up with a guy i didn´t know. We shoot 144 (Even) and 138 net finishing 3rd making the cut to play quarter finals. My individual score for the 2 rounds was 146 (+2), played well.            

Past week I've shot 75, 83, 35, 76, 74. Handicap is finally starting to come back down after an ugly spring.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Played over the weekend at Indian Springs in Marianna, FL. Shot an even 100, with 1 double-, 3 triple-, and 2 quadruple-bogeys. I was in the woods a lot off the tee, but managed to recover well most of the day and had a nice string of bogeys going for a while, but then fell apart on the back nine. I'm going to blame at least part of it on the heat (106 heat index). Came back and found a par on the 18th with an amazing pitch-shot up and onto an elevated green that broke just below the hole and stopped on the edge of the cup.

As crazy as it may sound, I had a great day. Temper and heat got the best of me for a bit, but ball striking with my irons was excellent and the most consistent it's been since I started playing golf again last October. I practiced mostly Key #1 drills all last week (and learned how to use my camera properly), and by Friday I could really see a difference on video. Was really anxious to play, however, I tried not to take any expectations to the course. But... I started well and after consistently hearing the sweet "crack" of ball-first contact for the first time in a long while, the expectations crept back in.

At one point, after 2 bogeys and a par, I had my first quad and really, really, wanted to cry. :~( On the next hole, I had a bad drive into the woods (one of several this day) and had to chip out to the fairway. Had a beautiful lie but duffed the 3-wood and could feel my temper boiling. Had a moment of clarity and decided to just grab my 5 iron even though I was still 250+ out. Hit a crisp, clean, and perfectly straight shot that dropped just in front of the 100 yd marker where I was aiming. Pin was 95 yards away on the left side. I aimed at the center of the green, and hit a beautiful, high shot with my wedge that pulled a little left and landed 10 feet from the hole. Drained the bogey putt and pumped my fist like it was an eagle.

All in all, it was a weird day of getting into trouble but making great recoveries, except for a few (or 5) holes where the recovery never came. The one thing that was abundantly clear throughout the day, was that practice had actually helped for a change! Now to get some video posted and start a member swing thread...

p.s. Sorry for the long post... first round I've posted and I'm just excited to be here!

Edited by roamin
good form

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Shot an 89 in very windy conditions. This is the third straight round where we had 20 mph winds with gusts to 30. Made it challenging to say the least.

I don't mind constant wind. It is variable wind that gets me. We had a downhill par 3, 175 to the pin, 165 to the center. I would usually use a 6 or even 7 iron. But the wind was in our face. So I opted with my 5 iron (my 170 club on level ground) expecting the wind to cut it down. It didn't. The wind died after I hit and the ball carried to 175 and rolled off the back into a 40 foot drop to the Merrimack River!

I went with a longer club because on a previous par 3, the wind did cut the ball down by a good club and I even clubbed up on that one. I missed the green short by a foot or two, but was able to par because the pin was in the front.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Shot an 89 in very windy conditions. This is the third straight round where we had 20 mph winds with gusts to 30. Made it challenging to say the least.

I don't mind constant wind. It is variable wind that gets me. We had a downhill par 3, 175 to the pin, 165 to the center. I would usually use a 6 or even 7 iron. But the wind was in our face. So I opted with my 5 iron (my 170 club on level ground) expecting the wind to cut it down. It didn't. The wind died after I hit and the ball carried to 175 and rolled off the back into a 40 foot drop to the Merrimack River!

I went with a longer club because on a previous par 3, the wind did cut the ball down by a good club and I even clubbed up on that one. I missed the green short by a foot or two, but was able to par because the pin was in the front.

This got me yesterday too. 39 on the front with constant wind direction and a 46 on the back with swirling winds. I had a bunch of good shots knocked down or overshot greens.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"