IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played Stonebrooke golf course in Shakopee, MN..     71.5/137 - 6,475 yds.   

Shot an 80, which is very good for me, but even better considering the 4 double bogeys I had.   had a 39 on the back - 2 doubles and a birdie.   

I did quite a bit of work in the off season.   Specifically, playing in a simulator league.   So I was swinging for an hour and a half once a week, every week, with the simulator telling me path and face.  
The work definitely shows.  both longer and more accurate with my driver, and my irons are more consistent in approach.   One of the doubles I had, was because I tried to clear 160yds of water with my hybrid out of the rough.   bad decision.  Another was because I had a ball just disappear in the rough.  I know it was there, but I couldn't find it.   

All-in-all a really good round, and felt repeatable.   just a few dumb mistakes to clean up.   

• Upvote 1

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 94 at Cavaliers in DE. First time seeing the course. Played the white tees, 6k yds.  

16 hours ago, lastings said:

Played Stonebrooke golf course in Shakopee, MN..     71.5/137 - 6,475 yds.   

Shot an 80, which is very good for me, but even better considering the 4 double bogeys I had.   had a 39 on the back - 2 doubles and a birdie.   

I did quite a bit of work in the off season.   Specifically, playing in a simulator league.   So I was swinging for an hour and a half once a week, every week, with the simulator telling me path and face.  
The work definitely shows.  both longer and more accurate with my driver, and my irons are more consistent in approach.   One of the doubles I had, was because I tried to clear 160yds of water with my hybrid out of the rough.   bad decision.  Another was because I had a ball just disappear in the rough.  I know it was there, but I couldn't find it.   

All-in-all a really good round, and felt repeatable.   just a few dumb mistakes to clean up.   

Interesting. A simulator league.  I have to try that in the winter.  

Had the opportunity to play Dubsdread Golf Course in Orlando today. The greens were like billiard table fast. I just couldn't get the speed down, not to mention just trying to keep the ball on the greens on the approach shots. Ended up shooting an 88. 2 birdies, 5 pars, 4 bogeys, 5 double bogeys, and 2 triple bogeys. I think I 3 putted at least 5 of those greens. But, I did like the course, and had a fun time.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

93.  53 front, 40 back.  Highlights included two lost balls in the first seven holes and also getting up and down from 70 yards out to save par on the #2 handicap hole. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

100 on the home course today. Chipped in for par on a par 5 so that was fun. Poor putting and lots of double bogeys but no blow up holes. I think golf must be like being a junkie - you just know that next high (or round) is going to be the best ever...

32 on a par 27 par 3 course.  3 of the 9 holes got me........  LOL

BEAUTIFUL day to be out..........  76 deg, 6-8 mph breeze, partly cloudy.

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

13 hours ago, Zippo said:

I think golf must be like being a junkie - you just know that next high (or round) is going to be the best ever...

More like, chasing that one good round you had that one time. but, yes. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

I played three, 9 hole rounds this past week.This abbreviated play week was due to inconsistent weather, and personal stuff going on. 

I averaged 4.53 strokes per hole. My putting average for the week was 30. 2 per round. These numbers are in the normal range for my game, although I think I could have putted a little better. I missed a few that I thought were easy ones. Then again, I also made few tougher ones. It all equals out I suppose. 

Shot of the week was a missed, 165 yard, almost hole in one. Missed it by a couple of inches. The tap in bird putt was a good thing though. 

Better weather is moving into the area. Hopefully our warm to hot summer is going to start developing. I like playing in the higher temps. Overall, I score better in warmer weather.  

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I broke 80 for the first time in a long time!!! Shot 36/42....actually even on the front! I was walking and it was pretty warm today and I’m terribly out of shape. I hit a lot of good shots though and only had one double! Super proud of today’s round!

Back to my home course yesterday. Shot an even 80 (40-40). No birdies, 12 pars, 4 bogeys, and 2 double bogeys. I was stupid and went for a par 5 in 2, and pushed my second shot OB. I'll have to rethink my approach on that hole.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

77 yesterday, and just finished this mornings round with an 80.

I shot 78 with an extremely errant Driver. I spent most of the day in the wet rough. It was a club tournament and now my Hdcp dropped to 6.9

Alpha V5 9.0 XStiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 13* Stiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 19* Hybrid Stiff
Cleveland CG Red Irons 4-PW Stiff
Merit Golf 52* StiffCleveland 900 series 56* & 60* RegScotty Cameron Laguna Mid-Slant"I hit 2 good balls today, I stepped on a rake."

Shot 100 again today. 2 birdies and one par - fun. Several triples - not fun. It's a good thing, though, 'cause I was worried I'd get so good there'd be no room for improvement...:-)

67, 72 and 71 (Torrey South) this weekend.

Last week played in an alternate shot tournament and took home some hardware. Wore my Newport Cup/TST belt 👍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Tuesday: Actually my first round of the year. Something in the triple digits. I didn't bother to add it up. 35 putts which was the bright statistic of the round: 2 one putts and only three 3 putts. The rest 2 putts - I'm satisfied because they were 10 to 21 footers with resulting 6 to 18" tap ins. Need to work on bunker shots. I would have been better off taking the 2 stroke penalty and dropping behind the bunker on those four holes.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart