IGNORED

Fantasy football playoffs

Wanzo
Note: This thread is 2671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anybody else play fantasy football?  Still alive in your playoffs and have any roster decisions to make?  I had a good season and now am in the second week of our league's playoffs. I have to decide between Derek Carr and James Winston this week. They both have kind of stunk lately.  Hopefully my chiefs can pull off a win, if not, maybe my fantasy team will win and ease my pain. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After many years I finally made it to our league's championship this week, hopefully my roster delivers.  I started out 1-4, but have a 10-0 run going into the championship match.

Not to many decisions on my roster, only my flex player has changed recently, the rest have been solid for 10 weeks now.

Gus
---------------

I had a great run going but hit a rough patch last week in the first round of the playoffs. I had a projected score of 128 but posted an actual score of 62.  Everyone on my team with the exception of Alshon Jeffrey under performed.  Now I'm stuck playing for third and looking forward to fantasy golf. Haha 

31 minutes ago, J M Brown said:

I had a great run going but hit a rough patch last week in the first round of the playoffs. I had a projected score of 128 but posted an actual score of 62.  Everyone on my team with the exception of Alshon Jeffrey under performed.  Now I'm stuck playing for third and looking forward to fantasy golf. Haha 

I hate when that happens, one week and your done.  guess that is how it goes in "real" sports too.  ha.

2 hours ago, JGus said:

After many years I finally made it to our league's championship this week, hopefully my roster delivers.  I started out 1-4, but have a 10-0 run going into the championship match.

Not to many decisions on my roster, only my flex player has changed recently, the rest have been solid for 10 weeks now.

good luck!

Matt          My Swing

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

I hate fantasy football.  I posted the second highest point total by far last week in the first round, even with Russell Wilsons 5 int game, only to lose to the highest.  Then I got more points again than all remaining teams this week while watching from the sidelines. :/

20 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I hate fantasy football.  I posted the second highest point total by far last week in the first round, even with Russell Wilsons 5 int game, only to lose to the highest.  Then I got more points again than all remaining teams this week while watching from the sidelines. :/

Yeah I'm done playing Fantasy Football. This is my fourth year playing. I made it to the "Superbowl" once and lost when Le'veon Bell got hurt. I won 5 in a row earlier this year w/ Marcus Mariotta before I went in the tank. I'm just tired of spending my Tuesday mornings reading injury reports. It's just not for me.

My brother and I have a team every year in a league that's been going for nearly 15 years now.  We finished first in record and second in points in the regular season.  We got knocked out in the first round of the playoffs but the league pays out (pretty much) equal amounts for regular season, points and playoff champion.

This way more teams have a chance to win if they get screwed by having bad matchup and score a ton of points.  You'd be surprised how many times the winner of the regular season does NOT win points.  Happens more often than not.

We made our money back and then enough for next years' entry plus some spending.  Not bad. :beer: 

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Im in my big money league championship game this week. Again. Because I'm a fantasy god. But I'm going to get creamed this time. My opponent has got David Johnson, Leveon Bell, Drew Brees, and TY Hilton on his team. Homeboys team averages like 150 a week :-$

I'm still alive*!

*For 9th place!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 11:11 AM, Golfingdad said:

I've never played in a league that does this, but I like the concept of a 2 week playoff matchup, kind of reduces the risk of a freak week for scoring and gives the better overall team a slight edge.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:58 AM, jamo said:

I'm still alive*!

*For 9th place!

awesome, :loco:

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:23 AM, Groucho Valentine said:

Im in my big money league championship game this week. Again. Because I'm a fantasy god. But I'm going to get creamed this time. My opponent has got David Johnson, Leveon Bell, Drew Brees, and TY Hilton on his team. Homeboys team averages like 150 a week :-$

just takes one bad week for a couple of those guys, but yeah that is a strong team.  I've gotten second place in our money league the last 3 years in a row, one year I basically had the thing wrapped up going into sunday night football and jay cutler was my qb, dude scored negative points and I lost....haha.  I think if I make the championship this year I'm gonna see if my opponent just wants to split the pot!

Matt          My Swing

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Single game elimination is the only option for leagues due to the NFL schedule.
The tough part about FFL playoffs is the final weeks when some teams have already clinched, they may sit or limit the starters in the final games.

If your team depth/players has players who may not play, you would be up shits creek these final weeks of playoffs.

I once won our FFL Super Bowl beating a team with only 43 points. LOL
We both were up shits creek with many starter's for both our teams only playing a few plays in the final regular scheduled game of the season.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

11 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Single game elimination is the only option for leagues due to the NFL schedule.

Good point, I forgot about that.

11 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

The tough part about FFL playoffs is the final weeks when some teams have already clinched, they may sit or limit the starters in the final games.

If your team depth/players has players who may not play, you would be up shits creek these final weeks of playoffs

Yeah, I have Ezekiel Elliott and depending on how the giants game goes earlier in the day, the cowboys might have clinched before their game even starts so they might rest him more.  tough thing is I won't know that in time to make any changes, so gotta just play him and hope for the best.  Then if I win and play next week for the champ, even more likely he would rest some. 

Matt          My Swing

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

4 hours ago, Wanzo said:

I've never played in a league that does this, but I like the concept of a 2 week playoff matchup, kind of reduces the risk of a freak week for scoring and gives the better overall team a slight edge.

awesome, :loco:

just takes one bad week for a couple of those guys, but yeah that is a strong team.  I've gotten second place in our money league the last 3 years in a row, one year I basically had the thing wrapped up going into sunday night football and jay cutler was my qb, dude scored negative points and I lost....haha.  I think if I make the championship this year I'm gonna see if my opponent just wants to split the pot!

No splitting pots in this league..:~(

All of those guys are on teams that wont be resting starters. So its unlikely I'm going to catch a break there, either. My only hope is that Etrz was his TE, and he had a dud last night. Johnson and Bell are fantasy monsters. If you have just one of them on your team, you probably made the playoffs, but both of them? Ugh..

i've been playing FF since 1995, sometimes up to six leagues in a single season....big mistake by the way, and have basically whittled it down to two 12-team Dynasty leagues. i made it to the playoffs in both this year, and am in the SB this weekend of the one i've been playing in since 2007. honestly, i really didn't deserve to be there with a 6-7 record, but here's how it went down:

Week 13, final week of the "regular season". i need to win my H2H matchup to get in and need help from a few other teams. things end up breaking my way across the board - i win, a few other teams lose - and it comes down to MNF. in another matchup, the owner who can get past me into the playoffs needs to get 13 points combined from Forte and Enunwa who are going against the Colts. in a PPR format, getting 13 points between a pass-catching RB and WR2 is almost a sure-thing, so i'm thinking it's all over and i can get started on the 2017 rookie draft. [i should mention this owner is a HUGE Jets homer. i mean, this guy bleeds green.]

as you might remember, the Jets absolutely crap the bed on MNF vs IND and Forte/Enunwa combine for 12.9 points. i get up the next day looking for a scoring adjustment, and none is forthcoming. not only does the other owner's IRL team get humiliated on a Nationally Televised Game, his fantasy team comes up .1 point short to keep him out of the playoffs. ooof. the one true thing i've learned about this game in the 20+ years i've been playing: Fantasy Football is 95% luck, and 5% luck. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

tl;dr - the only thing more boring than me talking about my fantasy team is you talking about your fantasy team. ;-)

Edited by Elrey Desol

I am in 4 this year. Missed the playoffs on one. Another I just lost my first playoff game. The other two I am still in the running for the championship in those leagues. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Travis Kelce and my chiefs came up big to help me win and move on to champ game next week. Wish our league ended this week since I have Ezekiel and I assume cowboys will rest him since they have home field locked up. Good look to anyone else still playing. 

Matt          My Swing

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

On 12/27/2016 at 6:16 PM, Wanzo said:

Travis Kelce and my chiefs came up big to help me win and move on to champ game next week. Wish our league ended this week since I have Ezekiel and I assume cowboys will rest him since they have home field locked up. Good look to anyone else still playing. 

congrats - good luck this weekend. 

i do find it odd when leagues decide to have the FF SB coincide with the final week of the NFL regular season for the exact reason you noted: DAL could/should sit Zeke and your RB1 for the entire year is now rendered null going into the finale.

Note: This thread is 2671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!