IGNORED

TST East Coast Get-Together (w/AimPoint), May 5-7 2017

GolfLug
Note: This thread is 2543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 2/9/2017 at 5:31 PM, iacas said:

I'd like to get two AimPoint clinics in. I don't know what interest there is in other clinics. I could do an LSW clinic, but that could be done Saturday evening, too, and that doesn't really have to be "planned" since it shouldn't interrupt golf (i.e. it can be done when it's dark outside).

Possibly:

Friday afternoon/evening: AimPoint clinic (3pm?).

Saturday morning: AimPoint clinic.
Saturday afternoon: play golf.
Saturday evening (?): LSW Clinic (if desired - $59 perhaps?)

Sunday morning: play golf.
Sunday afternoon: departure(s).

It's becoming a > 80% chance of me making it. . . count me in for an 80% tentative chance of an Aimpoint and LSW Clinic. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2017 at 8:31 PM, iacas said:

I'd like to get two AimPoint clinics in. I don't know what interest there is in other clinics. I could do an LSW clinic, but that could be done Saturday evening, too, and that doesn't really have to be "planned" since it shouldn't interrupt golf (i.e. it can be done when it's dark outside).

Possibly:

On 2/14/2017 at 2:31 PM, DaveP043 said:

With about 7 weeks to go, I just wanted to bump this thread.  If you're already signed up, and situations have changed, please let us know.  On the other hand, if you're not on the list and would like to attend, let us know.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I'm still in, although there is a shred of doubt now. I have been sucked into a huge project at work, and my previous employer has hired me as a consultant to fix some things that they can't figure out. I'm doing that on weekends, but it should (hopefully) only be for a few. The extra money certainly is nice, but it's a lot of hours.

- Shane

17 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I'm still in, although there is a shred of doubt now.

Oh man, I hope I don't say the same thing if my parents come out here during that time? :-(

OTOH, I might be able to entice them to stay there until my son graduates. . .?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

??????

since that is my Birthday weekend (B-day on the 4th), I thought I'd have no issues with this meet-up, BUT since this is my 40th, my family would like to get together and invite some of my friends over for a party. 

I look forward to the next MidAtlantic/Eastern function.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• 2 weeks later...

Still set on coming, but won't be there for the Friday activities as my boss is going to be out of town and I can't miss when she isn't here. Still not sure if my I'll be coming on my own or if my better half will come along though. 

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

23 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Still set on coming, but won't be there for the Friday activities as my boss is going to be out of town and I can't miss when she isn't here. Still not sure if my I'll be coming on my own or if my better half will come along though. 

I'm looking forward to seeing you again, and meeting the lucky lady.  Last year @GolfLug's wife came in too, I haven't heard whether she's coming this year or not.  My own wife will almost certainly be on the golf course well before us on Saturday.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

20 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing you again, and meeting the lucky lady.  Last year @GolfLug's wife came in too, I haven't heard whether she's coming this year or not.  My own wife will almost certainly be on the golf course well before us on Saturday.

This inspires me to bring my mom :-D

Kidding, I'm still at 80% chance of coming to this because my parents are still up in the air about coming to LA. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I hate to say this, but I'm out. I've accepted a side consulting job with my former employer, and that's the weekend that we are pulling the trigger. It stinks that I can't make it, but the money is good. 

- Shane

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Yes, she had a great time cruising up and down DC niceties while us clowns hacked it up in the cold rain/slush. She hadn't planned on coming out there in May, but she may develop an overnight interest in getting away, who knows.

Vishal S.

13 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I hate to say this, but I'm out. I've accepted a side consulting job with my former employer, and that's the weekend that we are pulling the trigger. It stinks that I can't make it, but the money is good. 

Bummer, but make enough that you don't have to work next year. :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

2 hours ago, Lihu said:

Bummer, but make enough that you don't have to work next year. :-)

I doubt that. If I could net what I made this past weekend on a weekly basis, I wouldn't have to keep a day job. But then there's health insurance...

- Shane

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Tentative schedule:

Friday
- Evening: AimPoint Clinic (15 people, mainly members)

Saturday:
- Morning: Golf
- Afternoon: AimPoint Clinic (15 people)
- Evening: Lowest Score Wins clinic (30-40 people, "a room full")

Sunday:
- Morning: Golf
- Afternoon: Departures

I'm going to do all possible to keep costs down. AimPoint should be less than the $200 MAP price and the LSW Clinic I'd love to do for only $49.

Friday I'm thinking… ~ 5pm start time for the clinic. Saturday it may be about the same, with the LSW clinic taking place after dinner, maybe 8pm? Or maybe it's closer to 4pm and 7pm? Details are still being worked out.

I'll also provide alignment sticks to those taking AimPoint clinics. I believe all "reservations" for spots will be handled by the club, but I'll provide that info when it's more certain.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've updated the list, showing the two guys that have needed to back out recently.  As @iacas mentioned, we're working with our head pro to finalize the schedule.  As part of that, I'd appreciate everyone taking another good look and confirming that you'll be here, or at least that you're highly probable to be here.  I'm going to assume that everyone will play on Saturday.  Travel being what it is, I know that Friday and Sunday golf will have fewer players, but I'd like a tentative head count for those days as well.

Dave

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:31 PM, iacas said:

Possibly:

Also, helpful if folks can reply with interest for the clinics.

Vishal S.

29 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I've updated the list, showing the two guys that have needed to back out recently.  As @iacas mentioned, we're working with our head pro to finalize the schedule.  As part of that, I'd appreciate everyone taking another good look and confirming that you'll be here, or at least that you're highly probable to be here.  I'm going to assume that everyone will play on Saturday.  Travel being what it is, I know that Friday and Sunday golf will have fewer players, but I'd like a tentative head count for those days as well.

It's looking like me going is only at 60%, because my son is currently planning on going to school out here. Our original plan was to tour around a school in the Baltimore area, but he doesn't want to go. So, my parents are likely going to come out here in the next month or so to tour around here. There's still a good likelihood of me going to Boston for work, and I could take an extra stop for this event. Would likely still stay at my parents home though, so no need for hotel.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I'm in.

I'll be arriving Friday afternoon, so I'd play golf Saturday and Sunday.

2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Also, helpful if folks can reply with interest for the clinics.

I'm interested in the LSW clinic.

I've already taken an AimPoint Express clinic. For anyone who is considering it, I couldn't recommend it more. It's worth every penny. 

• Upvote 1

- John

12 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

I'm in.

I'll be arriving Friday afternoon, so I'd play golf Saturday and Sunday.

Same here. I'll try to get there by dinner time to meet everyone. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 2543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!