IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

180 yard second shot to a par 5, hit it to 2 inches. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

180 yard second shot to a par 5, hit it to 2 inches. 

Did you make the putt? :-D 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Yesterday, on Par 5 #18 of an unfamiliar course, I hit (I thought) toward a tree line to set up my shot to the green, but the ball ran into the trees. I could hit a little back and sideways for a pitch over a trap. BUT there was the high handicapper's dream...a very long narrow lane through the trees past the edge of the trap to the green! Somehow I knew I could do it and took a 3-iron and did! Great shot, great par...But I will avoid it altogether in the future, as I think my way around the course. _Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Played a 4 man scramble yesterday, hit a 3 wood off the tee, faded slightly right maybe 5 yards off the fairway where it hit the top of a tree stump in the air and bounced another 20 yds further. 

Had 119 left to the pin, hit my 56 degree to 5 feet and made the birdie putt. Our 4 man team used all 3 of my shots on that hole.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Par five, I had a little over 110 yards for my third shot. Hit a high PW right at the pin. The ball hit just in front of the pin and stopped 6" short of the hole for a kickin bird. I used to be able to hit my irons consistently well, but the last few years not so well. This made me feel like I could do it again instead of just being lucky.

Easy.  Played twice this weekend and the 2nd shot on 17 from Sunday was it.  (#11 was two shots to the green 505 yards - driver 7i.  Not such a big deal if you know the hole, but it sounds big.  has nothing to do with this post, I was just proud of that one too).

#17 Short Par 5 470 yards, but a double dog leg.  260 to the sand (I'm told), with the drive just past it on the left.  Ball ended up in the short stuff, on a little step up, still on an incline.

So I have to hit a ball, on a rather strong draw lie, which is further elevated above my feet about a foot.  but the lie is very clean and tidy

To an uphill blind shot where we can't even see the flag, let alone the green.  Estimating about 220 to the flag.

Smart shot (for me)? - yeah, probably put an 8i out left to the layup area.

So of course, I grab my 2h, choke up and set up - the ball is so high I feel like Dorf on Golf - it's just below knee high.  Aim quite a ways to the right and just keep my head really still and swing away.

ball flew straight at the pin (apparently..., I didn't know until I cleared the humps and interference and climbed the hill to take a look).  Sitting tidy on the green about 15 feet short of the pin.

of course I missed the eagle putt.

2017-07-10 09_53_00-Gopher Hills Golf Course - Google Maps.jpg

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

I was just playing a practice round Saturday with two friends not keeping score or anything just trying out new ideas on the course. Pushed my 3rd shot on a par 5 and left it a bit short. Pulled up to find my ball and parked on the cart path and started looking to my left when my friends pulled up and pointed out my ball on the other side of the cart path. That left about 30 yds to the hole with the cart both in the way and about 10 ft closer to the hole, as well as a 15ft. pine tree another 10 feet beyond the cart. I started to address the ball when one of my friends mentioned I might want to move the cart. "I'm going over it." I had been talking to my friend about adding loft to your wedges on short game shots and it was the perfect opportunity to show him what I meant. Took the shot and the ball went about 40 feet high with the LW and settled about 2 ft from the hole.

-Justin

My Swing

SLDR C 10.5, Aeroburner 3W/3H, MX-200 4-GW, Vokey Chrome 200 56 & 60, TM White Smoke

Par 3 pushed into the woods. No clear shot, so I grab a 7 iron and punch it up to the green. Bounces off the flagstick and settles about 6 ft away. Drained the putt.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

For me and it surprises me more than any one. A par 4 and I hit my first shot a decent distance (for me) but it went into a pine tree area of the right side of the fairway. Found the ball and was getting ready to knock it back into the fairway and said what the heck. Made a great shot up over the pines to with in 50 feet of the green. My golfing partner was looking the other way. Dang.

Cobra Max Irons......Cobra F7 Hybrid..... 

A cheap Wedge and Driver I picked up online....

A bunch of Balls.... and a bag for it all.

I struck the ball really well yesterday. But the shot that stuck out the most for a GIR was a punch shot, under the trees with my 3 hybrid, 160 yards to the green. I pushed my drive right over the cart part. It was an uphill lie too. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Yesterday I dropped a 15' downhill 3% slope putt for par.    Not to brag....but ya...I'm bragging!:whistle:

• Upvote 2

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Since I am new to this site I hope you don't mind if I back up to very early spring, like late March for this shot.  It is more of the most memorable.  Par 4 second hole short hole but massive up hill, like trying to climb Mt. Everest type up hill.  Take out my Driver and let it rip only to have the most bizarre looking going low and left drive ever.  End up in a yard and I am just thankful I did not nail the house.  Before me and the guy I am playing with could say anything the largest German Shepard I have ever seen comes straight at us and then goes to my ball.  He circles it without taking his eyes off of us then stops and takes a massive dump on  my ball while looking at me the entire time.  My golfing partner starts laughing so hard he can hardly breath, somehow he manages to ask me if I want to hit another drive.  Fearing a total replay I say "No, in fact maybe we should just skip this hole".  He asks "Do you want to go get your ball" laughing even harder and I reply  "No, nope no way, I have plenty more".  Since that day I have never been able to hit a drive at all on that hole

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

• Administrator

A partial flighted down (slightly, not much) 5I from 187 on the 14th hole at Whispering Woods today to about 12 feet. Knocked home the birdie putt.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1716948?hole_id=33040146

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yesterday on the 18th hole, I sliced my drive into the adjacent fairway, dead center amongst 3 other balls. I knew the guys playing and they were all up there when I got to the ball. We sorted out who's ball was who's and decided that they were going to let me hit. My shot was over trees to the green, around 143 yards. I hit a high towering shot over the trees to the green. It felt good to make the shot with an audience and lets me know my confidence in my play is increasing. They were all good players and impressed :beer:

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/0cFVdzkaQE

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I had two of my best shots back to back on the same hole. Par 4 #6 at northdale. Hit a great drive dead middle of fairway. Second shot was 145 to pin, nice easy swing with my 7 iron dropped it at front of green and it rolled up to 5 inches from hole. Tap in birdie. 

After a (very!) pulled drive, across a road, I had about 150 to the pin, standing on a massive hill, over two very tall trees, with no view of the green. 

I launched an 8-iron with a slightly open face directly over the tree to the fringe, and was able to get up-and-down to save par.

a.jpg

• Upvote 1

- John

Thursday at Creeksbend hole #6 Par 4 293 yards.  The fairway elevates from the tee and you can see the top of the 150 marker but the green is blind.  Sand trap on the left from of the green.  I hit my drive right side of the fairway with a gentle draw.  I was long by 10 yards. I was just as happy with my chip shot as it was in a tough spot.  Got my par.  Shot an 83 with two 8s and 4 water penalties

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx