IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Par 5 hole 8 after a decent 259 yard drive in the fairway I hit my 17 degree 4 wood 239 yards to 7 feet from the hole for an eagle opportunity. Over read the break and left it 7 inches above the hole for a tap in birdie.Hole 8 7-12.png

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Came to me last Sunday hole 3. 185 yard par three level to the green over water on the left bunker on the right. I've been hitting further then I ever have. Grabbed a 7 iron gave it some and bombed it 8feet from the pin and dead stopped on the green 8' from the green. Biffed the putt for birdie rimmed it but made par. I was happy then a 15' uphill birdie put on the next par 5 after 2 4hybrid shots (driver was broke) best 2 holes I ever played back to back lol 

Drive on 16 today. Dead down the center of the fairway 230 yds out. I was punished for hitting it. It came to rest in a recently made divot hole.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

My best shot(s) of the week were a bunch of putts made today. I am in week one of my 4-6 week shoulder rehab, on my way to a full swing. :-D

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

168 yard par three. Landed a ball 3 feet away yesterday and got my birdie. Played it later and got my par. Today I blobbed the same hole and ,lost two balls on it. That's golf for you :-D

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

Tough par 4 hole on my local Muni course, my drive I hit well and down the center.  Unfortunately, with my particular length if I'm in the fairway I hit off of a pretty decent downslope and sometimes I over compensate for hitting like that.  This time I was left of the green by 15 yards but pin high with not a lot of green to work with.  I've been working on my pitch shot lately so I grabbed my 60* wedge and hit it up right where I was aiming and the ball kept tracking to the bottom of the cup for my first ever birdie on that hole.  

Was pretty stoked that everything came together in my short game, at least for one shot...

• Upvote 1

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

My "best" shot of my round yesterday:

I tried to put a little extra on my drive and ended up hitting a bullet to the left.  It was heading OB, but luckily hit a big ol' tree and ricocheted back towards the fairway.  I hit a 5 iron to the green and two-putted for par!

Edited by Zekez

A pushed drive right found me blocked from the green by pine trees and 160 yards out, up hill.  Hit a high fade around the trees to the green and ended up 3-4 feet from the hole and made the putt.  One of my better shots of the year, never mind the week.  

Brian Kuehn

On a short par 5 at my home course I hit kind of a crappy drive in the right rough on a dogleg right (about 220 yd) with a steep downhill to a then elevated green (10+ feet). View of the green was blocked and I had 230 yd to get there so I just laid up with a 4i. Hit it pretty good but ended on a pretty bad down slope with 60 yd to the center of the green, pin smack in the middle of the green. Green ran left and right so front to back I only had about 5 yd to place the ball. So my best shot: I took my SW which I normally hit 75 yd, took a 1/2 swing to account for the down slope de-lofting and knocked it right at the pin with almost no spin. Ball landed super soft, had one small hop forward and stopped. Tap in birdie from < 1 ft. 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

500 Yard Par 5. 

Pushed my drive behind some trees to the right. 215 yards from the pin, blind. Grab my hybrid and hit it flush through the trees.

Drive up and it's on the green about 30 ft from the pin. Of course I missed the eagle putt...but left myself an easy 3-4 footer for birdie to end the round.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• Administrator

I hit a 6-iron from 138 yards out that never left the flag (well, it was windy, so it blew left and right a foot or so). Didn't get much above 25 feet in the air, either. Hit and stopped within four feet.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On Friday, I played a solo round.  On hole #2, I hit a pretty crappy drive that left me 208 to the hole.  I hit a really good, solid 4 iron that faded beautifully and landed at the front of the green.  It left me 31 feet from the hole, but I was happy to be on the green.  

As I got up to the green and was walking to my ball, 2 groundskeepers showed up and were getting ready to water the green, so I now had an audience.  

From 31 feet, the putt rolled true the entire way and dropped in.  I received a round of applause for that one, tipped my cap and walked to the next tee.  Nearly holed a 60 footer on the next hole, but settled for a 3 foot 'tap-in' for par instead.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

After a poor drive and a chip out to the fairway on a par-5, I was left with 215 to the pin, uphill. I hit a 4W to about 1 foot for the tap-in birdie.

- John

Hole 3, Par 5, 474 yds.

Driver down the middle, then 5 iron to about 88 yds.

Kind of in between clubs so I choked down on the Wedge, flew it into the hill to take some off of it and it stopped 10" from the hole.

My friend said "Sweet but you gotta make it for birdy"

Tap it in and smile!

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

• Administrator

I've had two longer bunker shots - one 25 yards, another 35 yards - both after reaching the greenside bunker in two on par fives, that I put to a sum total of about two feet. Both had a lot of spin and were just clipped nearly perfectly. They were awesome.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Shorter par 4 around 310, green is slightly off to the right behind some trees. Played my natural fade and absolutely crushed the ball. Rolled up on to the fringe and 2 putted for a birdie.

I had quite a few good shots today but I guess this one will take it due to the outcome.

At the 529 yard (really about 495) par 17th hole, I hit a drive center fairway to the 200 yard marker, left me 208 to the pin. I settled on my 3 iron and hit it to 6 feet for eagle. Dropped the putt for my first eagle in 3 years...

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

It's nice to make the shots you should. But when a shot goes beyond what you hoped for... it's time to post in the Best Shot of the Week thread.

A lousy drive had me stuck behind a big maple tree with 145yds to the green. I had a line to the left edge of the green, but low hanging branches made any full swing a poor option. So I decided on a 4i punch, hoping to get it close to the front of the green. I would have been ok with a bogey at this point. Instead, I hit a perfect punch. It even veered right and ran just by the flag. Sank the 5ft putt for birdie.

Jon