IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Par 5, nice drive that had a really bad bounce and ended up in some junk.  Only way out was back so I punched back in the fairway.  3rd shot came up 40 yards short.  Little wet in this spot so I grab my 54 and choke down and hit it to the left of the pin towards the hill on the green.  One bounce, catches the slope and rolls down about 12' and in the hole!  SWEET, a hole out for a birdie!!

Edited by Vinny Cap

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Two consecutive shots today, one by me, and one from my friend. He took his first, he plays off of twelve and is a handy golfer. A fairway shot which he topped, there was so much spin on it, it ended up 2 feet behind him. It was then my turn. I was in the trees but with a gap between trees. The nearest tree was about 20 feet away, and I scuffed the ball, and it hit a tree, bounced back and ended up exactly where it was. I took another shot without moving an inch. :-D

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

On my favorite hole (my home hole) #7, a par 4 at WHCC, I was about 124 yards in light ruff between the fairway and a bunker with a great lie.
Used a 9 iron and the ball jumped, as I spotted the ball in flight, it was on tracking on target.
It lands dead on the pin, and then disappeared.

Love it when I could actually see the hole on a shot and be lucky enough to watch it drop.

My favorite saying "I'd rather be Lucky than good!" 

It was my 9th Eagle on this hole in my 12 years golfing at WingHaven.

It must be true, having a "Home hole advantage"  I still think it's all just stupid Luck.....  :whistle:

• Upvote 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

145 yd par three. High shot hit back of the green. Instead of spinning back towards the hole, it bounced back about five feet and stopped dead. The green was banked however. I still missed the birdie putt however (lipped out).

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

30yd pitch out of thick rough to 5" to save par

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

For me, after a gap of a few weeks I was finally striping the ball down the fairway from the tee.

Still hooked one, but everybody misses and that was a normal miss for me. Very happy.

Long Par 3 in Mexico on Thursday. Pushed my tee shot right. Have to fly my 2nd over a bunker with no green to work with and water just past the green. Fly it a little long and end up about 1' from the pond. 

Grab the rented 56 degree and chip it in from the rough for par.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Too many good shots this weekend.  Was on fire with my long irons.  Hit the green in two quite a few times.  Too bad the hole was on the other side and I mostly two putted.

The best was one that bounced off the cart path, hit a tree, rolled down a branch and stopped on the edge of the green.  Was like what happened there???  Did two putt for a par! :dance:

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Thursday, on the last hole, I pulled my drive into the left rough.  I had a downhill lie that I had to fade/slice under some large overhanging tree limbs but also get enough "air" to clear the pond. It was 130 yards to the green.

The downhill lie helped a bit with the fade.  I punched a 6-iron which faded around the tree and glided under the tree limbs, Cleared the water hazard and trundled up the fairway a bit to the green.  Stopped about 15 feet from the hole.  I canned the putt for birdie and a "79" (7.0 differential if it had been in season).

Considering the obstacles as well as the required shot trajectory, this was one of my better shots of the year. 

Brian Kuehn

After completely botching the 9th hole like a boss, I was pretty pissed, so for the 10th I didn't want add to it by putting one ob. I decided to pull out the trust ol 4 wood and lay up short of the creek which was 230 out. I put everything into the shot and it took off like a rocket. I was a a little concerned that it was going to roll into the water way. I watched it hit and go over the hill down to the creek where the bridge was. One of my playing partners who was teeing off at the greens asked if it hit the bridge because he thought he heard something. Upon getting up to the creek, my ball was 20 yards past the water way, it had rolled down and over the bridge. :dance:

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I played Saturday in one of the winter competitions at our club.  It's a 2 man, better ball, match play format.  On the 15th hole (a reachable par 5), we were sitting at 2 up with 4 holes to play.  My partner hit his ball left of the fairway and then tried to get up and over the tree that blocks you from going for the green.  His ball kicked into a hazard on the left side.  

My tee shot seemed to be in a good spot up the right side of the fairway, but it bounced into one of the only bad areas on the course, a rocky lie in the rough.  I had no shot other than to try and punch the ball out of that without having a large, embedded rock behind my ball deflect the club.  I advanced it to about 120 yards out from the green.  The wind was blowing pretty strong at that point so I took a 9 iron and hit one of the best shots I've hit in the last month to about 2 feet for a kick-in birdie.  

We won that hole and the next to win the match 4 & 2.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Pitch-in from 50 yards on match play to win the 17th hole last Saturday. (36 holes match)

Those shoots that desmoralizes the oponnent.

A neighbor invited me out yesterday for a round.  Things started out very, very poorly for me but from the 7th hole on, I played pretty well.  

The culmination of this was on a par 3 playing at 157 yards and into a slight breeze.  I hit a 7 iron that stayed on the stick the entire time until just before landing.  It hit the green 18 inches to the left of the cup and promptly stopped 3 feet from the hole.  It was the best tee shot on a par 3 I've hit in a few months.  

I won't tell you about how I missed the putt and settled for a par.  I'll just tell you that I hit a really good shot on that hole.

CY

Career Bests

My best shot of the week was a gap wedge from about 40 yards, to about 6 feet from the hole.  

Of course, I then left my 6 foot birdie putt 2 feet short.   What a brain fart.   I blame the beer. 

One shot stands out and it was a putt. Left my shot to the green about 4 feet short. Pin in back about 45-50 feet away. Uphill with a slight break to the left and then a break back right at the cup. Draino, dead center. Terrible day playing could not hit a ball to save my life. This happened on the 17th hole and made my day a little brighter.

Par 5s are hard for me to reach in regulation. Played yesterday and shot a 40 on the front but the course was packed and it was getting late, cooling off fast. Ended up at 12, a par 5. Third shot was a push and ended up under trees near traps, 100yds. away. I punched a 7 iron low to 20-25 feet and felt good I was on the green not too far from the hole.  Then I sunk the putt for par and quit for the day on a good note. 

I ended up with 2 birdies today (in an otherwise horrible round).  First came on the 12th hole, a par 3 that was playing 153 yards.  I hit a really good 7 iron to 12 feet behind the hole.  The putt was a quick, downhill putt that never left the perfect line.  

The second birdie came on the 16th hole, a short par 4 of about 309 yards.  My 4 iron off the tee wasn't good at all and found the left rough.  I was left with about 155 yards.  I just wanted to give it enough to get over the mounds protecting the green but it ended up landing pin high but a little left.  From 15 feet, the putt curled left-to-right and hit the hole for another birdie.  

The rest of the round was pretty much garbage, but... that's not what this thread is about!

CY

Career Bests

Today I played a course that I have only played a few times before and managed to score 37 Stableford points in the middle of winter. Yes, I played really well, which is the first time for months. There was one shot that I was so proud of I can't explain. It was a par four and friend hit a great drive, a good 2nd shot to the edge of the green, but 3 putted. I unfortunately sliced the drive on to the adjacent fairway to my right, and the second shot put me into the trees. I was still about 75 yards to the green with no view, and the branches of the trees were preventing me from lofting the ball, whilst the only gap through the trees was about 20 yards away and quite narrow. All I could do was punch the ball with a six iron and keep it low. Absolute perfection prevailed and I put the ball 2ft from the hole for a par. 

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!