IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

I had an excellent week for good shots. I ended the week with 5 eagles, 386 par 4 holed out from 72 yds, 515 par 5 chip in from the fringe, 330 yard par 4 made a 25' putt, 505 par 5 made a long putt, and 530 yard par 5 made a 15 footer. Also drove another par 4 twice this week but missed both eagle putts.

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Par 5 hole #1 500 yards - medium dogleg left, nothing special.  First shot of the day absolutely nailed the inside corner of the (left) dogleg with a solid draw.  Left a 7 iron (~170 yds) approach shot.  Only birdie of the day.

downhill from there

Close 2nd - Hole 9 466 yards - kinda skied my drive, but still in the fairway, just not as long as usual.  2h approach shot 230 to the pin - within 6 feet.  Nice par, I rarely par this hole.  This approach was likely a better shot than the drive on #1, but I did the drive on #1 straight out of the trunk and onto the tee with no practice.

Bill - 

This doesn't quite make if for the flop shot challenge, so I'm posting it here
(found this on the instagram account that posted the Rory fescue interview question)

• Upvote 1

Players play, tough players win!

The 12th hole at Stoneleigh is by far the toughest at the course.  From the normal men's tees it plays just under 400 yards, something like 80 feet uphill, and into the prevailing wind.  I hit a nice drive down the right edge, one bounce in the rough and finishing in the fairway about 180 yards out.  Because I was to the right, I had to either fade a shot around a tree (with gnarly woods left of the green), or hit it over said tree.  I had a little uphill lie, so I decided to hit a smooth 3-hybrid over, and continued to mutter to myself that I had the shot, good swing, right over.....So I made a pretty good swing, the ball cleared the top of the tree, and I said out loud "Just like that."  A couple of seconds later, we heard the clank of ball against flagstick.  One of my buddies said it might be in, but I was really expecting that the ball must have ricocheted off the stick, and could be anywhere.  Coming to the green, we saw the other two balls on the green, and no apparent ballmarks near the hole.  Walked up, and there it was, my Snell 4 nestled in the bottom of the cup.  No ballmarks, no damage to the cup itself, our best guess is that it flew directly in without touching the sides.  :dance::banana::beer:

With the ace I made a few weeks back, this is two shots I've holed with the same club recently.  I guess I'll keep it.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Great approach shot on Saturday.  118 yards to the pin, elevated green - took my Gap Wedge (typically 110 Yards) and caught it really clean to about 18inches.  My only birdie of the weekend.

Iron ranges are starting to increase quite a bit since I've started climbing again.

Sadly, that's about it for both rounds this last weekend other than some nice drives.  My play has been a bit uninspiring lately (or my expectations were a bit jacked up from the super play over last month).  This too shall pass.

Bill - 

Yesterday. - 5 iron to 12 feet on a Par 3 over a marsh. Best part is after we hit, we let a couple of juniors play through. They weren't even close!

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I played yesterday at Eldorado Country Club in Indian Wells (in 120° heat), and for the most part it was not a great round. That being said, I did make a 70 foot birdie putt. It's been a long time since I've made a putt that long; definitely my best shot of the day.

• Upvote 1

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Here's a hard one to share.  I missed every fairway (0 out of of 7, I only hit straight on the 2 par three holes) on the front nine.  This was the WORST drive of all - 2H slice ended up between tee boxes on the previous par 3.  160 from the pin, into a medium wind, tight over trees and bushes, and then water short of the green.  So I had to up loft to get over the trees, and then hit extra due to the uplofting and the headwind (normally 7i is stock 160 by itself)

7i stuck to 6 feet - (with that shot, the ball was about 2 inches from the ball mark)

(Of course I missed the putt - nice par save though)

GIR is king

(I found my drive on the back nine finally and had a very decent round.)

2017-06-26 09_23_17-Google Maps.jpg

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

I know this is supposed to be for a single shot, but I can't remember shooting such a high score while, at the same time, making so many good iron shots as I did Sunday. There were several approach shots close to the hole (one of which resulted in a rare birdie), but the two shots which stand out are:

1. Par 5: An errant drive to the right left me on the wrong side of some trees. I could try a low runner for my layup, but that would leave me too far left for my approach. Instead, I grabbed the 4i, aligned my feet and shoulders left, opened club face, and hit a full-swing, high slice around the trees 160+ yards to a perfect landing spot for my approach (hit the green in regulation... then 3-putted for bogey:cry:). 

2. Par 4: Another errant drive (after an OOB drive) left me laying 3 in the trees. This time, I had a straight shot of about 100 yards to the green but again had to keep it under the tree branches. I decided on an 8i partial punch to keep it low. It landed in front of the green and rolled to within 15' of the pin where - you guessed it - I 3-putted for a triple.

The best part of this is that the night before I was reading a section of LSW about practicing escape shots and thought, yeah, that's something I really need to start doing.

Jon

Played in a club outing last Thursday.  Hole 11, 428-yard par-4.  I hit a good drive but hooked a 3-wood well left of the green.  Range finder told me I have 48 yards to the pin.  I hit it to 2' and made the putt.

Turns out that gross par was the only gross par in my flight, worth $30 in our skins game.   However, someone with two shots on the hole made a bogey, so I only got the gross skin, not the net one also.

Still, 50 yard shot to 2' is pretty good.  50 yards is a number I like seeing anyway.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Haven't chipped in a shot for as long as i can remember, but i did this past Sunday. I am not even sure if it is considered a "chip" in, but i have been working on some bump and runs with a 6 iron from the fringe lately. I was about 20-25 ft. out, bumped it on and watched it track down and in for par! Might not be super impressive, but i was stoked!

Driver: :tmade: SLDR

Woods: :ping: Rapture 3 Wood

Hybrid: :tmade: R7 Rescue 3H

Irons: :mizuno: JPX900 HM 4-GW

Putter: :odyssey: OG White Hot

Hit my 2nd shoot on a par 5 to the water rigth of the fairway. Hit my 4th shoot from 80 yards in the rough to 1 feet to save par.  

• Upvote 1

On No. 18, a 480-yard par 5. Hit a lame tee shot that went just over 100 yards and into a water hazard. Took a penalty drop out, and hit a solid 3W over a second lake, ending up about 180 yds. from the flagstick. It was an uphill shot into a 25 MPH wind wind, so I hit a solid 5W up onto the green - pin high but far right of the flagstick.

From 68 feet away, the putt went uphill onto the terrace, and then broke back left into the cup!  I salvaged par.

• Upvote 1

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

My best shot of the week was a bunch of putts in the 10-15 foot range. I say that because only had 27 putts, while carding a 76 (+4) on a course I am very familiar with. Had 7 one putts. Just good day for me. My partener shot a 79, which helped keep me focused I'm sure. My $30 putter came through for me. 

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

League night last night.

Stiffed a 4-iron on a par 3 to about 18 inches for tap in birdie and possible skin. But one of the guys in my foursome decides to make a miraculous chip-in birdie to negate my skin.  Ah well the birdie felt good :)

9 hours ago, WUTiger said:

On No. 18, a 480-yard par 5. Hit a lame tee shot that went just over 100 yards and into a water hazard. Took a penalty drop out, and hit a solid 3W over a second lake, ending up about 180 yds. from the flagstick. It was an uphill shot into a 25 MPH wind wind, so I hit a solid 5W up onto the green - pin high but far right of the flagstick.

From 68 feet away, the putt went uphill onto the terrace, and then broke back left into the cup!  I salvaged par.

68 foot putt!!  Dang that is awesome!!

Made solid contact with my driver but lost it left into the weeds.  Hit a hybrid out.  And the shot of the week... chipped in from 39 yards for an eagle, a ragged eagle if there is such a thing.

BB Eagle.JPG

No. 15, a 465-yard uphill par 5 today.

So-so drive, followed by pull a 3W left about 100 yds. from flagstick in far left rough. Out of shaggy rough, hit shot pin high, halfway up hill about 20 yards to left of green.

Ball halfway down in grass with nice cushion underneath. With downhill lie, I pop a firm hinge-and-hold 60* LW shot onto the green and watch it release 15 feet into the cup. Birdie!

My cart partner shouted "It's in there!" as soon as the ball hit the green. A nice hole on an otherwise frustrating round.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I had a relatively virtuous shot this afternoon. I chunked a GW to about 10 yard short of the green, and the hole was cut just at the front edge, making getting close near impossible. I pitched a sand wedge, it took one bounce on the fringe and dribbled on the green to about three feet, which I sank.