IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Wanted to go to the driving range to do some work on my swing, asked my wife if she wanted to come (she is a complete beginner) and she said she wanted to go play. So I took her to the par 3 course that is next to our house and she played her first 9 holes (with my clubs). 

So on the third hole (60 yards) I made my second hole in one. It’s the same hole I made my first one. It comes with an asterisk though as it’s not a regulation length hole. Hit my 60° wedge with about a 1/2 flighted swing. Landed about a yard short of the pin and rolled in. Called it as soon as I struck it as well 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My week of golf is effectively over, so I’ll share my shot. This time I’ve got it narrowed down to a single shot. This one was from my round Thursday.

On the par-4 10th hole, I was laying two about 50 yards out, and there was a bunker between me and the pin, probably 20 feet between the pin and the trap. I chose a 54 degree wedge and landed it just over the lip of the bunker, and the ball settled about six feet out. That’s one of the best wedge shots I hit on the day.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I hit a 502 yard drive today. The drive carried around 275-285, and the rolled downhill the rest of the way, it's more fun to tell my friends I hit a 502 yard drive. At the top of the hill, the hole turns left, and it's about 280 from the tee to carry to where the dogleg/extreme downhill begins. Don't mind Shotscope incorrectly stating that this is a par-5, it's actually a par-6. I was left with 147 to the center of the green. I hit a smooth 8-iron from a weird ass downhill lie to pin high, 7 yards right of the green. Chipped on and then 3-putted for par.

437454012_Annotation2020-07-18212053.thumb.png.eb4f54f15844c93b1e75e81534c2e767.png

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Par 3, 155 yard. This is my tee shot. Made the putt. B48084E6-5837-4A5C-BC44-432BB74DA51C.jpeg

• Like 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Par 3, 155 yard. This is my tee shot. Made the putt. B48084E6-5837-4A5C-BC44-432BB74DA51C.jpeg

That looks to be very close to my comfort zone with putts. 🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

I chipped a 7I about 80 yards toward my daughter's ball earlier today. It went to about 2 feet. Read the break in the fairway pretty darn well, and got the speed dead to nuts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I hit a decent drive to the fairway on #18 (actually #9 but everyone started on #10 this day).  The problem was a very large tree on the right blocks a good portion of the green when one is on the right side of the fairway.  Also, my lie was slightly downhill so any thought of trying to go over the tree was quickly banished.

I am not good enough to think about working the ball left or right except in exigent circumstances.  I figured the fairway lie would allow decent contact and the downhill factor would encourage a fade.  If I hit the shot straight I would likely catch a greenside bunker and of late, my bunker play had been decent.  I decided to try to hit a fade  to avoid the tree.

Clearly I managed to hit the shot close to perfection or I wouldn't be boring everyone with this tale:  8-10 feet above the hole.  The cherry on top of the sundae was I rolled in the putt for birdie.  :yess

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Brian Kuehn

Hit my longest drive on the 2nd hole today. I checked my positions before the drive then hit it. I've been working on that wide takeaway and full shoulder turn and making sure I'm hitting the points correctly on the way back and at the top. Result: A beautiful draw landing in the middle of the fairway. If my GPS was right, (Garmin G80), it ended up 288 yds. On the 5th hole I hit another about 265 according to the GPS - I also know that the big pine tree is 250 from the tee. I don't know where these are coming from.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Played my first round in a month in a half and felt really good with my driver so I took some very aggressive lines of the tee. So after a very up and down round we came to the 18th and you can go over the trees but you probably need about a 220 yard carry and it needs to go high as the trees start at about 170 or even further. 

So I lined up and hit a high fade about 250-260 yards and wasn’t sure if I hit it long enough. Another one in our group hit it over as well and when we came around the corner there were two balls sitting about 30 yards apart. And mine was 70 yards from the pin. I was never even remotely that close on that hole. Pitched on the green and made par to end the round. 

There's this one quite easy dogleg left par 4 on my home course, that I've started to take more and more aggressive line after realizing I can reach it with a good drive.

Hit my teeshot to toe on it today and thought it would be quite far from the green as it didn't have much air under, however the rough was really dry and the ball must have rolled alot since I had approx 30m left to the flag. Ended up chipping in for eagle, which was first ever on par 4 for me.

1184428062_Nayttokuva2020-7-26kello21_11_28.png.e65b7ecdb25b732543fafd13f33f91d9.png

According to shot scope I hit my first 242 metre drive. (got the 250 yard drive reward). I will have to double check if it could indead be that distance but it was a good drive. Best shot has to be a couple of 3 wood shots that just boomed straight to the target onto a par 5 fringe and to my amazement even passed the hole on the hole 18 par 4. 

I also hit the worst shot of the season. Somehow managed to top my chipper from the fringe for eagle on a long chip and it just rolled the green like crazy ended up in thick rough in a horrible lie. Ended up with a - on that hole instead of the hopeful birdie. Had I made that eagle chip it would truly be the best shot of the season. I holed a chip from half that distance with a chipper and it´s a candidate 🙂

Par 3 today. Shank my tee shot...and follow it up by underestimating a 75 yard shot. 

Chip in from about 15 yards for a routine par lol

• Thumbs Up 1
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Dropping from the hazard I flicked a low flighted 58 from 70 yards to 3 feet and made the putt for bogey. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Pin high in two on a par five, but neither of those shots were particularly good, but the chip with my 58° almost went in.  Landed right where I aimed it, nearly holed it, and left myself a foot for birdie... which I made!

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Hit a 5-iron to pin high, about 8 feet away on a 195 yard par-3. Flag was in the back section of the green behind a bunker. This was one of the few holes in the round that wasn't in pea soup fog, so I figured screw it, and took an aggressive line at the flag. Contact was a little toe-ish, so was worried that the ball wouldn't make it past a bunker. Ended up carrying the bunker at around 190 yards, landed on the green and rolled another 3-4 yards from the pitch mark. Missed the putt by 1 revolution of the ball.

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Last week - 2 shots, i have go with 2 and not one.

#17 - hit my Drive real nice down the right hand side of the fairway and it just caught the fairway bunker, drive was 264 yards out and it left me with a 90 yard shot from the sand to the green.  I went up 2 clubs from my 52* Wedge and grabbed my PW.  Focused on a 1/2 to 3/4 type swing hitting ball first.  I hit it perfect and stuck the ball pin high right.  2 putted for a great Par

#18 - the very next hole i challenged the fairway traps on the left hand side of the fairway, feeling that with a tail wind i could clear them.  Hit the ball towards the toe and had a soft draw.  Cleared the bunkers but just caught the raised ridge past the bunker with tall junk. Ball stuck right there.  I was looking at a 135 yard shot so i went up 2 clubs with the same mind frame as on #17.  But i had an audience now as the 4 some behind us came up and watched.  Perfect execution, that 3/4 to 1/2 swing with my 8 iron iron, ball first and stuck it on the green below the pin.  They other foursome gave me a nice applause.  2 putted for a nice Par and a great way to finish out a round.

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Sunday on 18 i pushed my drive deep into the trees right and managed to hit a 35-40 yard cut out and onto the green to about 20 feet and then made the putt!