IGNORED

How "Done" is Tiger Woods?

Note: This thread is 1519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger's "Done"ness  

91 members have voted

1. 1. How "done" is Tiger Woods? (Yes, you're predicting something, and we can all be wrong.)

• He'll never make a cut in a regular PGA Tour event/major again. Or worse.
    • He'll play a few rounds, make a few cuts, but never win again.
    • He'll recover well enough to win a few events here and there in the next decade.
    • He'll return to something stronger than the choice above.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to bury the headline, I voted A thanks to events transpired since the Hero. It's not surprising how many people are choosing B.  It's a very tempting choice -- it doesn't look like he's recov

My issue with Tiger continues to be that he is continuously coming back before he is ready. I was happy when he took the year off to try to recover, but if he could only play 7 competitive round then

Almost a decade ago. And knees aren't backs.

Posted Images

• Administrator
15 hours ago, David in FL said:

Huh?  I have no idea what you mean by that.

I mean simply that this statement…

16 hours ago, David in FL said:

Healthy or not, I think he's more than willing to let everyone assume that his issues are completely health related, whatever amount they actually are.

That's pretty much the opposite of what has happened - Tiger blamed his poor play on anything but his health and did nothing but downplay the back issues he still had - we noticed him walking stiffly, etc.

He did this through four rounds in the Bahamas (he didn't play that well in the final two rounds), he did it at Torrey, and he did it in Dubai.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 hours ago, iacas said:

Yes, I just saw that this morning on Golf Magazine's website. I figure if he can't play Bay Hill, bye bye Masters.

It sucks to say but I don't see him winning or even placing top-10 in an event whatsoever. He showed only brief flashes of brilliance but was then followed up by mediocre play to the fault of his body and possibly mind. It would be a different answer if he'd only suffered muscular/skeletal damage to which the body has an easier time recovering from. However the nerve damage is a much more grim reality and despite "recovering", one swing can relapse his body to worse shape than before. I think mentally, he isn't at his best but could still compete if his body kept up with him. 

I feel like a lot of viewers see him attempting to come back and failing and see that as him trying to stay relevant but to me it says that he still has the fire to compete obviously but his body has given up. 

9 hours ago, Jack Watson said:

Tigers lost the edge.  No more hunger.  Too many stupid unnecessary swing changes.  Very sad but he's done.

Lost the advantage of distance and the field no longer is intimidated - if that's what you mean by edge then yes.
No more hunger - I don't think so, he has tried to rehab and come back numerous times; IMO - the quest for 18 still burns
I think people said that when he went with Butch, and when he switched to Hank, and with every previous change.
He's done - agree, too long away from competitive play & still trying to find a swing that his back will allow.

Too many good young golfers along with even better veterans that he cant intimidate even if he was playing good.Hes pretty much done if he cant get his back to stay healthy.He can still play and maybe make some cuts if he decides to play but trying to win majors and possibly a tournament in general is not gonna happen.

8 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

why are you posting my wife's cooking in this thread???

Better hope she doesn't know about The Sand Trap, unless you want to make your own burnt toast in the future.

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Yukari said:

From this report...

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/report-tiger-doesnt-look-good-doubtful-masters

I think he will be or should be retiring for the sake of his health.

Some quotes:

Woods’ agent did not respond to an email seeking an update on his condition and schedule, but one source close to the situation near Woods' home in Jupiter, Fla., said, “I would be shocked if he plays anytime soon.”

Another source said that he saw Woods recently and he "didn't look good," adding that while he hopes he is back soon, Woods doesn't look close to being ready and that a return at the Masters would be too soon. The source added that all Woods has been able to do of late has been putt.

And Mark Steinberg's non-response response:

"I have no idea who Mr. Wacker’s really close sources are. I can tell you this, nobody spoke to him (Wacker); so how he could know something that Tiger and I don’t know is comical," Steinberg said. "I talked to Tiger four hours ago on the phone. We’re not in a situation to even talk about playing in the Masters now. He’s gotten treatments and is progressing and hoping he can do it. There’s not been a decision one way or the other. I couldn’t give you a fair assessment, but to say it’s doubtful is an absolutely inaccurate statement."

Uhhh, yeah. That doesn't say much of anything. Except that Tiger will not be playing. C'mon, he's still getting "treatments"?

http://www.golfchannel.com/media?guid=2xidibmytka9U1ZQLZQKrbW3FBVDXe8O

20 hours ago, iacas said:

Some quotes:

And Mark Steinberg's non-response response:

Uhhh, yeah. That doesn't say much of anything. Except that Tiger will not be playing. C'mon, he's still getting "treatments"?

http://www.golfchannel.com/media?guid=2xidibmytka9U1ZQLZQKrbW3FBVDXe8O

Yeah, Mark is just disputing that Wacker talked to anyone but not the fact that Tiger is not even swing a club or that he won't be playing the Masters.

It's a classic non-response response.

Here is another quote from Mark:

Asked if Woods has hit balls at his compound on Jupiter Island, or if he has been putting as the report stated, Steinberg answered: “I don’t want to talk about specifics yet. When we’re ready to get into that, we’ll disclose it. He’s working hard at getting better, he’s working hard at progressing."

Seems like he is still having problems with his back.  Meaning Tiger's can't swing a club yet. And the Masters is in less than three weeks.  No way Tiger's playing the Masters this year.

Looks like Tiger's back problem is a lot more serious.

The fact that Tiger is not "100% in" the Masters three weeks before the tourney says it all -- if he isn't going hard at the ball and practicing for hours right now, there is no way he can even think about competing -- see you at the next tournament with 100 yard wide fairways Tiger

The Masters is probably out of question and not really that important. The question is if he'll ever return and be able to play.

At some point you just have to call it quits.  It's not worth it to come back and risk further injury.  With a few kids, there is more to life than golf. 

I want to see Tiger come back and win one more as much as anyone else does.  But I also want to be able to see him out walking around as a host in his tournament the way we've seen the likes of Byron Nelson, Arnold Palmer, and Jack Nicklaus do.

Letting go is really hard to do.

Meanwhile, Jack is showing real class, going six under (his age) at Ernie Els' charity pro-am for autistic children.

Wait a few decades for history's verdict on the GOAT question--young Tom Morris, Bobby Jones, yeah, maybe, Jack, Tiger?  I dunno.  And the game changes enough over the years that the answer doesn't mean much.  Tiger was definitely the BOHE (Best Of His Era), and a sad twilight vs. a beautiful sunset isn't going to change what happened at high noon.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 1519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!