IGNORED

Predict Tiger's 2019 Season

iacas
Note: This thread is 1561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger in 2019  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming Tiger Woods is as healthy in 2019 as he was in 2018, how many PGA/European Tour events does Tiger win in 2019?

• 2-3
    • 4-5
    • 6+
  2. 2. Assuming Tiger Woods is as healthy in 2019 as he was in 2018, how majors does Tiger win in 2019?

The fact that he has won majors on 3 of 4 courses hosting majors in ‘19 has to put a good thought in his mind. Not like I expect him to lap the field at the Masters or Pebble like he has before but After his last 2 majors and being right there you have to think he can get one.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

Very difficult to say, I went 1-0. But I don't see it as a whole lot less likely that he get's something like 4-2. 

Winning is hard - I think he'll be in contention plenty next year, based on what he's done this year, but I'm not certain that he has the mental edge at the moment to turn those into wins. But if he does get that edge back, or his game improves, then it's a handful of wins and possibly majors. 

• 2 weeks later...

That win today was huge, similar to winning that charity event in December 2011. Set him up for a really good 2012 with 3 wins. So I think he could do something similar in 2019. 3 wins in 2019 would push him past Snead. 😀

4 wins, 1 major.  Probably being conservative. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

I honestly don’t know why anyone thinks differently.   If he had the form he had in the 2nd half of the season all year long, 4 and 1 is probably what you get. 

Not sure if you recall, but he just got 2nd at the PGA and won the tour championship (which requires playing well 3 straight weeks just to qualify for).  

And, it’s not like he was just some decent golfer that got hot for a month. He’s tiger freaking woods just finding the form we all know he has. 

There is no golfer that doesn’t fear Tiger right now. (Except maybe koepka, who doesn’t seem to care whether he wins or loses). 

check out my swing here

I think a poll that belongs on this thread is:  do you think Big Cat ends 2019 at #1 in the OWGR?  

I mean 1082 to 13 is a pretty meteoric rise. 5 wins next year probably gets him there.  Maybe even less, depending on how consistent he is. 

Edited by lastings

check out my swing here

One major is all I ask. The rest is icing on the cake.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

18 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

One major is all I ask. The rest is icing on the cake.

Yeah, that would be awesome.  I still think it's less than a 50/50 shot...but after today, it seems a heck of a lot more likely.  Can't wait to watch the show next year.

I'm probably a total sucker, but at one point today I actually thought about how awesome it'd be if he could get to 19...haha.

- John

After watching him win the tour championship I say he'll win multiple times including a major. Him facing ever all that adversity has made me a fan because for him to fall so far down from grace it really humbled him n he might have took it for granted all he had but it's great to see him back playing competitive.

In view of his tour championship win, I think the 1 win I initially predicted will likely be a major. 

He's got the win, that was his first big goal, so I expect he'll focus a great deal more on Majors next year like he did in the past. Don't think he'll be in too many weak field events, even on courses he favours, as there's little point for him unless he's especially motivated to take Snead's record, and do it soon.

Who can say? He might not win again for the rest of his career for all we know. But now that he has the driver under control he can be a threat at any tournament. If he stays healthy i think he'll win one or two times and finish in the top 20 in most of the tournaments he enters. 

I think that it's sooo more important that he finishes this year healthy than winning anymore tournaments in 2018.
If he does that, I think he'll be quite unstoppable at Augusta.

It's just incredible what he has done for golf once again. Everyone is buzzing. 

I feel sorry for the Europeans on the weekend! 😀😉

I think he wins a couple times next season (barring any injuries). I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had some back issues next season. Usually that fusion surgery will lead to problems at other locations along the spine after a few years. I don't know how much he will be able to practice. Especially when you putt. Hopefully he'll be good and get at least one more major. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

I think he wins a couple times next season (barring any injuries). I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had some back issues next season. Usually that fusion surgery will lead to problems at other locations along the spine after a few years. I don't know how much he will be able to practice. Especially when you putt. Hopefully he'll be good and get at least one more major. 

It takes more than a few years.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Yes it does, I have multiple vertebra fused together, have since I was 18. I still haven't really had any issues with other areas of my back from it. Granted I don't golf full time for a living, but it's still been nearly 22 years without an issue.

• Like 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Yes I suppose it could. But I also know of a couple guys who had that surgery it only took a couple years. One guy messed up another disc just putting his golf clubs in the trunk of his car. I would think the constant practicing that he is known for would put more stress on those areas. Maybe not?

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

I think he'll be in contention a lot...a LOT.  So a few wins are very likely.  It's a tough field.  Just to participate in the poll, I went with 2-3, and 1.  that would be VERY cool if it happens.

He'll garner a lot of attention, and play very well.  And, he has zero chance of forgetting his name as the crowds will call it out constantly.

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 1561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!