IGNORED

Who is on Golf's Mount Rushmore?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

38 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Good question.

Tiger Woods- I realize he is a bit young to be immortalized, but he is the most famous golfer of all time. I may not have chosen him had I not witnessed that scene unfold on the 72nd hole of the TOUR Championship. There is not a golfer in the world that garners that much excitement. Heck there may not be another athlete in the world that garners that much excitement.

It's not empty fame though. His results on the golf course are as impressive as anyone in the history of the game. 

Bobby Jones, Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Old Tom Morris, Bobby Jones, Hogan, Palmer

(made it easier on myself by not allowing those currently alive)

• Like 2

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

1 hour ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

It's not empty fame though. His results on the golf course are as impressive as anyone in the history of the game. 

Agreed, his accomplishments rival anyone's.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Young Tom Morris (the greatest golfer of the 19th C)

Bobby Jones (the greatest Amateur of all time)

Jack Nicolaus (the best golfer of the modern era ,possibly of all time )

Severiano 'Seve ' Ballesteros Sota    ( no reason required )

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dogburger said:

Young Tom Morris (the greatest golfer of the 19th C)

Bobby Jones (the greatest Amateur of all time)

Jack Nicolaus (the best golfer of the modern era ,possibly of all time )

Severiano 'Seve ' Ballesteros Sota    ( no reason required )

Maybe I should go easy on you because you don't know how to use google to make sure you're spelling incredibly famous people's names correctly.  But you're just embarrassing yourself putting Seve on there instead of the Tiger, the best golfer of all time.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

20 minutes ago, mdl said:

Maybe I should go easy on you because you don't know how to use google to make sure you're spelling incredibly famous people's names correctly.  But you're just embarrassing yourself putting Seve on there instead of the Tiger, the best golfer of all time.

Go as easy as you like pal (sorry about the typo , it happens , get over it ) but seeing as Im embarrassing myself I'll drop Jack (sorry Jack) and put Poulter on there ,that's the guy that's going to hand your best golfer of all time his arse at the weekend . That's in the competition that a little Spaniard with a big heart reinvented to make it what it is today .  Take care .

5 hours ago, dogburger said:

Go as easy as you like pal (sorry about the typo , it happens , get over it ) but seeing as Im embarrassing myself I'll drop Jack (sorry Jack) and put Poulter on there ,that's the guy that's going to hand your best golfer of all time his arse at the weekend . That's in the competition that a little Spaniard with a big heart reinvented to make it what it is today .  Take care .

Please lighten up. Both of you. This is a personal list. Everyone's list is their own. No need to crap on each other. 

5 hours ago, mdl said:

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Its actually quite a tough one as there are so many great golfers that deserve to go on there.

For me it would have to be Jack, Hogan, Tiger and Seve.

For me Seve made golf "personal" if you get what i mean. While Jack, Hogan and Tiger where/are technically brilliant golfers Seve was, to me, more down to earth and more "human". Kind of like that bloke next door you could have a laugh with who was also a genius with a golf club.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Moxley said:

Nicklaus, Woods, Faldo & Rose

A guy with one major win?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It would help if "Mt. Rushmore" weren't so ambiguous.  Theodore Roosevelt wasn't a bad President, but he's not one of the top four, even excluding those who came after him, so I don't see why this list should be the top four candidates for GOAT.  Also, the Mt. Rushmore project was terminated earlier than the originators planned due to lack of funding, so I don't see why it should be limited to four.

Now that the groundwork is thoroughly laid for the coward's way out, I'll name the seven players who IMO have had the most impact on the game: Vardon, Jones, Snead, Hogan, Palmer, Nicklaus, and Woods.

Edit: And just by the way, Snead would not be in my top 4.  The fact that Tiger included him indicates to me that he is very, very desirous of breaking Snead's record.

Edited by brocks

7 minutes ago, brocks said:

It would help if "Mt. Rushmore" weren't so ambiguous.  Theodore Roosevelt wasn't a bad President, but he's not one of the top four, even excluding those who came after him, so I don't see why this list should be the top four candidates for GOAT.  Also, the Mt. Rushmore project was terminated earlier than the originators planned due to lack of funding, so I don't see why it should be limited to four.

Now that the groundwork is thoroughly laid for the coward's way out, I'll name the seven players who IMO have had the most impact on the game: Vardon, Jones, Snead, Hogan, Palmer, Nicklaus, and Woods.

statler_waldorf_boooo.jpg.9925604380d2326b74c543876ebd4b51.jpg

😉

28 minutes ago, brocks said:

so I don't see why this list should be the top four candidates for GOAT.  

Who said it was? 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, brocks said:

Edit: And just by the way, Snead would not be in my top 4.  The fact that Tiger included him indicates to me that he is very, very desirous of breaking Snead's record.

Ballesteros might be equal to or ahead of Snead for impact on the game. 

Edited by Dr. Manhattan

Note: This thread is 1202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!