IGNORED

2019 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 1464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think, had Koepka defeated Tiger in a playoff, he'd have been the least popular major winner since Stuart Cink.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Masters.png

• Like 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

2 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

12th was key IMO. Koepka, Poulter, Molinari and Finau all capitulated. Except for Tiger.

I think that hole singlehandedly turned the competition upside down.

Indeed. Seventh got him kick started, though. Seemed to be stuck in neutral or reverse a little after the first 6. It was also the first chink in the armor for Molinari. 

4 minutes ago, Piz said:

I think, had Koepka defeated Tiger in a playoff, he'd have been the least popular major winner since Stuart Cink.

I don't know if he'd be THAT unpopular, but it would have made for a lot of upset fans, even though Koepka would have his own piece of golf history. He would own 3 majors at once which has only been done like a few times ever. Cink's win in 2009 was most depressing.

Edited by ChrisP

5 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

12th was key IMO. Koepka, Poulter, Molinari and Finau all capitulated. Except for Tiger.

I think that hole singlehandedly turned the competition upside down.

There was something on 12 that made them choose the wrong club.  Maybe the pros here can chime in on how the pros make their club and swing choices.  I couldnt believe how many came up short.  

Just now, ChrisP said:

I don't know if he'd be THAT unpopular, but it would have made for a lot of upset fans, even though Koepka would have his own piece of golf history. He would own 3 majors at once which has only been done like a few times ever.

I'm with you there and I wasn't wishing any of the players ill luck; but I couldn't help thinking about Tom Watson while Tiger was walking up 18...and how many fans were pulling for him.  We get to see history every day...just not this kind.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Now that was a round for the ages - from going off in threesomes, to the leaders looking like they could get a gap on the field, then Golden Bell (#12) doing a reset on the last 2 groups. Tiger walked right past everyone, making shots when he had to, and not making any major mistakes on the back nine. Most exiting Masters in my lifetime.

Never has it been more true that the tournament doesn't start until the back nine on Sunday. So many in contention, but in the end there can be only #1.

• Like 2

Players play, tough players win!

It still kind of winces me to see these young guys outdrive him with regularity but he proves me wrong again and again. He finds a way to win. He’ll land approaches closer than partners who are 20 yards closer to the pin. And he still won despite the shakey putting. So cool to see him win without a mammoth lead. That ought to say how good he was without a fused back and 15 years younger. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

A whole lot of guys around here are gonna be having one hell of a plate of crow for dinner. It's just beautiful. They're all in hiding!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I don't know why it's so hard for people to get behind Koepka but the brute mental and physical strength of this man is undeniable. Maybe because he looks a bit like Thanos. Lol. But if I was in a battle for my life, I would want him by my side. 

• Like 2

Vishal S.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 minutes ago, gjunkie57 said:

There was something on 12 that made them choose the wrong club.  Maybe the pros here can chime in on how the pros make their club and swing choices.  I couldnt believe how many came up short.  

Tiger used the same club as the other two in his group.  #12 has swirling wind with a small green, that's why it's so tough.  I think this time the wind was in the face a bit, but they didn't know or feel it?

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

The golf industry is smiling, I think we’re gonna have a good year is what they’re collectively thinking. 

Steve

If anyone else has played Red Dead Redemption 2, I found this fitting. 

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

What a tournament

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

6 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I don't know why it's so hard for people to get behind Koepka but the brute mental and physical strength of this man is undeniable. Maybe because he looks a bit like Thanos. Lol. But if I was in a battle for my life, I would want him by my side. 

The guy is definitely a physical specimen. If I were him, why get married or attached? He can have the hottest women from Miami to Seattle with his money, fame and physique. Always said the same thing about Derek Jeter and he followed my advice. Yes, I envy the man. 

As far as his golf game, he's a stud. I just don't know how long he can keep it going later in his career. Muscle men are great in their 20s, but once they get in their mid-30s and beyond, things change. The body changes. The swing has to change, too.

Here's a by-the-numbers look at Tiger Woods' fifth Masters victory on Sunday at Augusta National, courtesy of the Golf Channel Editorial Research Unit.

Woods' win marks his fifth Masters title, one shy of Jack Nicklaus' record, and 15th major win, three behind Nicklaus.

Woods joins Nicklaus as the only player to win a Masters in three different decades.

There were 3,954 days between Woods' win Sunday and his previous major victory, at the 2008 U.S. Open. That's the fifth longest span between major titles.

Woods' 14 years between Masters victories is a tournament record.

Woods won his first major championship when trailing after 54 holes.

At age 43, Woods is the second oldest Masters champion, behind only Nicklaus, who won in 1986 at age 46.

Woods made 22 birdies and nine bogeys en route to finishing 13 under. He played the par 5s in 8 under and the par 3s in 4 under.

He bogeyed the fifth hole in each round, the first time he's done that in any of his Masters starts.

Woods led the field in greens in regulation (58/72, 81 percent). Seven of those missed greens came in Round 1.

Woods was playing in final group of a major championship for the first time since the 2009 PGA Championship.

Woods is a combined 32 under in his last three majors. He was a combined 37 over in the five major starts before that.

GCLogo.png

Here's a by-the-numbers look at Tiger Woods' fifth Masters victory on Sunday at Augusta National.

I mean, he's not 20, but that's a bit much.

tigs.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Informative 1

Note: This thread is 1464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!