IGNORED

Mid Round Boredom

Swooshgolf
Note: This thread is 1795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was listening to a podcast with Brooks Keopka and I would have to agree with him about the middle of a round can get boring. Does anyone else feel this way ?

GCLogo.png

With three majors under his belt, Brooks Koepka has become one of the game's more vocal players on Tour, and he was at it again this week on Barstool Sports' Pardon My Take podcast.

Sure can get boring to watch on TV sometimes. Playing? Nah. I suppose I've never had the luxury of being so good at the game that my rounds get boring.

If he's bored he should hit the ball in the woods on purpose and play from compromising positions. That would surely be a change of pace 😜

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Watching the featured groups play is eye opening for how slowly these assholes play sometimes. I watched Molinari stand in the middle of the fairway and watch Tiger clear people out of the way for ten minutes so he could hit. Why didn't he hit whilst Tiger was dealing with the crowd? Who cares about being away?

Colin P.

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Watching the featured groups play is eye opening for how slowly these assholes play sometimes. I watched Molinari stand in the middle of the fairway and watch Tiger clear people out of the way for ten minutes so he could hit. Why didn't he hit whilst Tiger was dealing with the crowd? Who cares about being away?

Hopefully his brother will call him out on it.

Edited by Vinsk
  • Upvote 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I've only been bored when waiting forever behind a very show group.   I am just the opposite, when I finish on 18 or 9 it's like, what, wait, we're done? 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

5 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I've only been bored when waiting forever behind a very show group.   I am just the opposite, when I finish on 18 or 9 it's like, what, wait, we're done? 

That's how it is for me but in the middle of the round, if I am playing bad I can just wont to be somewhere else until I start playing better at the end.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

For what it's worth, the TV commentators were saying they didn't want to hit because the crowd around Tiger was too loud - they were't paying attention to Koepka and Molinari, so the crowd didn't know to/wouldn't quiet down until after Tiger hit. 

Following that group on Thursday gave me a real appreciation for how difficult it can be to play alongside Tiger. There were plenty of times when Tiger wasn't the last one to his his drive or putt out, and the crowd was already moving on. There were definitely a few times where I was wondering how Molinari was able to concentrate when everyone was shuffling around.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

It depends upon how my back is feeling. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

On 5/18/2019 at 11:18 AM, billchao said:

Sure can get boring to watch on TV sometimes. Playing? Nah. I suppose I've never had the luxury of being so good at the game that my rounds get boring.

If he's bored he should hit the ball in the woods on purpose and play from compromising positions. That would surely be a change of pace 😜

You read my mind! i'm not good enough to get bored on a golf course! 

On 5/18/2019 at 11:25 AM, colin007 said:

On 5/18/2019 at 1:17 PM, jamo said:

For what it's worth, the TV commentators were saying they didn't want to hit because the crowd around Tiger was too loud - they were't paying attention to Koepka and Molinari, so the crowd didn't know to/wouldn't quiet down until after Tiger hit. 

Following that group on Thursday gave me a real appreciation for how difficult it can be to play alongside Tiger. There were plenty of times when Tiger wasn't the last one to his his drive or putt out, and the crowd was already moving on. There were definitely a few times where I was wondering how Molinari was able to concentrate when everyone was shuffling around.

That's a good point. I remember reading an article about how Arnie would stay at the green after holing out, or mark his tap in and let everyone else finish before holing out, in order to keep the "thundering herd" at bay. And considering that Bethpage is in metro NYC, the fans are of another dimensions altogether! 

I've never heard so many people so in love with the sound of their own voice! 

I sometimes get bored at work like Brooks does.  But at my hobbies such as golf?  No, not for a second.  That’s crazy talk.

I have been frustrated by an extremely slow group in front of me, but I have never been good enough to get bored at any time playing golf.  I too get disappointed to see the round is almost over.  

Don't think I have ever been bored playing golf. I've been Irritated, frustrated, and furious, but never bored. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 1795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!