IGNORED

2019 FedExCup Playoffs

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 1707 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

He won the Tour Championship last year...Β 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The dumbest argument is that he can win only at Augusta moving forward. Like what the heck? The British Open is the easiest major for a 40+ year old to win. Clarke, Els, Phil, Stenson all did it in the last 8 years in their 40s. Watson and Norman almost did it in their 50s. And Zach J was only a few months from 40 when he won. He just has to have the drive and the health. If he doesn’t have the health, well then he can’t win at Augusta either.

Edited by ChrisP

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Jay28 said:

Almost winning is not winning.

What a dumb response. A guy leading in the back nine of the final round, or finishing second, are both great evidence against your stupid claims that he can only win the Masters.

Nothing I said is untrue.

Of course it is. It's an opinion; not a fact. What you said is not "true" because it's not a "truth."

He just isn't the player he was as is not at the level of a player like Koepke, for example.

Except when he beat Koepka all of four months ago.

:doh:

Again, either way you take your posts, they're stupid.

• Like 2

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Tiger's got a clean card and a handful of birdies.Β  Not enough just yet, but sure better than the alternative.Β 

I am losing my optimism that he will get to East Lake this year unless he wants to hand off the trophy in person or something.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

49 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Tiger's got a clean card and a handful of birdies.Β  Not enough just yet, but sure better than the alternative.Β 

I am losing my optimism that he will get to East Lake this year unless he wants to hand off the trophy in person or something.

Going to be tough. As good a day as he had he actually is still inΒ 39th. And course is now playing super soft. Needs a huge day tomorrow.

It's an outside chance. Not impossible, but he'd need a great day tomorrow and for a bunch of guys out there not to perform too well.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Justin Thomas - wow.

Β 

5 hours ago, iacas said:

What a dumb response. A guy leading in the back nine of the final round, or finishing second, are both great evidence against your stupid claims that he can only win the Masters.

Of course it is. It's an opinion; not a fact. What you said is not "true" because it's not a "truth."

Except when he beat Koepka all of four months ago.

:doh:

Again, either way you take your posts, they're stupid.

I only count winning as winning.Β  I find it more dumb to think otherwise.

Tiger regularly hitting bad shots that ruin his rounds is not an opinion, it's a fact.Β  It's even the way he described himself this week.

If you think Tiger is on the level of Koepke then it's not me who's dumb.

Β 

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Jay28 said:

I only count winning as winning.Β  I find it more dumb to think otherwise.

Again… Nobody said he won the British Open or PGA Championship.

But his performance in those tournaments speaks directly against your stupid idea that the only event he can win is the Masters.

Duh.

Tiger regularly hitting bad shots that ruin his rounds is not an opinion, it's a fact.

Let's be clear: it's anΒ opinion that he hit shots "as bad as you'd see at the monthly medal."

They both have a major this year. Tiger beat Koepka down the stretch to win his four months ago.

Those are all facts.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, Jay28 said:

What a dumb statement. Tiger’s 43, Koepka’s 29. Tiger is beating Koepka by 2 strokes in this tournament. Tiger beat Koepka at The Masters. You wanna compare Tiger’s accomplishments at 29 compared to Koepka’s?

Koepka’s the number 1 ranked golfer right now. Tons of talent out there and Tiger is competing....at 43. You seem to think that unless Tiger dominates again like he did 15-20 years ago he’s failing. WTF? Let it go man. We all know Koepka is the top player right now. The fact that you only discuss Tiger’sΒ Β mistakes is trolling. How’s your big hitter Cameron Champ doing?

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

What a round by JT! That was certainly his day. Not a bad time to be having such a round.

Unless Tiger can basically birdie the Entire back 9, it appears his season will end today. Who would have thought that after winning the Masters he wouldn’t make it to East Lake.

Edited by ChrisP

Can’t do well against these guys when your ball striking is off. Just can’t happen. I could only spot watch today but on four different occasions I tuned in to see Tiger hit twice from rough, twice from good fairway positions and missed the green entirely. Damn it.Β 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Who would have thought that after winning the Masters he wouldn’t make it to East Lake.

He probably could have just played more events and collected more points, but he didn't.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

17 minutes ago, billchao said:

He probably could have just played more events and collected more points, but he didn't.

He played five times and barely got any points in those five. He chose to skip the WGC. It is what it is. Amazing how the year looked so promising after the Masters for him and that was really it. Feels like watching a movie with a great story at the startΒ and then just flames out completely.

Edited by ChrisP

15 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

He played five times and barely got any points in those five. He chose to skip the WGC. It is what it is. Amazing how the year looked so promising after the Masters for him and that was really it. Feels like watching a movie with a great story at the startΒ and then just flames out completely.

IMO it felt like watching a movie where the climax was in April and then the movie just ends and everyone loves it and doesn't expect a dozen more movies to come out that year.Β 

He's 43 years old. He's had 8 surgeries and injuries all over his body. Even if the spinal fusion did its job 100%, he's going to have aches and pains.Β 

But he won the f***ingΒ Masters this year. We all need to stop being disappointed when he doesn't play as consistently asΒ he did in 2000, 2008, or 2013.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note:Β This thread is 1707 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!