IGNORED

Step Into the Wayback Machine - Cassette Tapes

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Remember these? They're making a comeback.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think I speak for my generation when I say, what the hell are cassettes?

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

It's funny, there are still songs that I will hear to this day and in my head I anticipate the scratch or the glitch where the tape was damaged. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Colin P.

I started from scratch recordings. Reel. to reel stuff. Graduated from that to 8 tracks, then cassettes cds, and now my phone. 

Anyone remember the song "Alley Oop"? 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

I made so many tapes of radio songs and Pirates games. Loved that I could "record" from the radio.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Damn that’s some nostalgia there! Rewinding with a pencil to save the battery in the Walkman! And I remember when we had the double sided cassette players and could copy tapes! Such sorcery!

5 hours ago, colin007 said:

It's funny, there are still songs that I will hear to this day and in my head I anticipate the scratch or the glitch where the tape was damaged. 

That’s so cool! I know exactly what you’re saying. And with mix tapes I listened to so many times...when I hear a song from back then...I always expect the next song on my mix to play. 

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Okay, Erik beat me to talking about recording from the radio, so I have to tell a different story.

I had the bizarre period of time where I had access to mp3s on my computer but not to a CD burner, but my computer audio went out through a stereo that also had an audio tape player.  So for about two years of my life, if I wanted to listen to my mp3s in the car, I had to put them onto an audio tape ... which had to be recorded in real time by playing the file on my computer and pressing record on the stereo.

The alternative was a device that had an audio tape that went into my car's audio tape player and plugged into the headphone jack of my mp3 player device ... but that thing only held 32 MB, barely enough for a short commute.

I wonder how many people in the world ever moved mp3s onto audio tape, but I bet I'm in a fairly small group. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

To the younger generation unfamiliar with said cassettes, in case of emergency you can rewind them with a pencil or pen.

Corey

4 hours ago, iacas said:

I made so many tapes of radio songs and Pirates games. Loved that I could "record" from the radio.

Still have 2 briefcases full of tapes with games for the Sinclair Spectrum 48k, each has about 20 games per tape and there are 50 to a case. We used to rent games from the library and make a copy if they were good.

Those were the days.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

And, guess what happens when you put a Led Zeppelin tape into a Wang 2200 computer that stored programs on cassettes? 

Dr Evil Laughing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7 hours ago, Vinsk said:

That’s so cool! I know exactly what you’re saying. And with mix tapes I listened to so many times...when I hear a song from back then...I always expect the next song on my mix to play. 

+1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Nothing worse than the DJ talking into the beginning of the song. I swear they did that to piss me off.

- Shane

Note: This thread is 1737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!