IGNORED

Did the WHS Change Your Handicap?

DaveP043
Note: This thread is 1562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How much did your HI change, 12 Dec 2019 to 6 Jan 2020  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How much did your HI change, 12 Dec 2019 to 6 Jan 2020

• Up 2.0 or more
    • Up 1.0 to 1.9
    • Up 0.5 to 0.9
    • between -0.4 and +0.4
    • down 0.5 to 0.9
    • down 1.0 to 1.9
    • down 2.0 or more

Mine stayed the same 9.7 to 9.7.

I too received an email from our Pro stating that the GHIN system is down and that the GHIN people are working on it.

As an old IT guy, I figured that trying to roll out a world wide system in one day was next to impossible. Way too many things to go wrong.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, Rkrider99 said:

As an old IT guy, I figured that trying to roll out a world wide system in one day was next to impossible. Way too many things to go wrong.

Well, they're really only rolling it out in the USGA areas, but that's still a big thing.  And I bet that GHIN had more traffic in the past few hours than at any time in its history, as we all try to find out what the new version is like.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Mine changed from 17.1 to 17.4. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

(edited)

An update, for me both the phone app and the website are up and allowing posting.  I checked a couple of courses in NC, and they DO have the data required for hole-by-hole posting ready to go.  Virginia is not as ready.  I haven't checked a lot of course, so I don't know it that's true for all, but the two I checked weren't ready to allow hole by hole posting.

Oops, let me edit this.  At least a few of the NC courses show the holes in what seems to be a random order.  They're not quite ready yet either.  Still, the data appears to be there.

Edited by DaveP043

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I went from +1.2 to +1.6. Im interested to see how things start changing once we can post in March. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I haven't played since April (injury) but I got .2 strokes better.  Perhaps if I don't play for 4 years I'll be scratch...

P.S.  I have the GHIN app for my phone and when I installed the app update I lost my entire list (40 - 50) of "partners" and their handicaps.  Even Donald Trump was on there.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

6 hours ago, iacas said:

It’s busy. People are pounding it.

I was a pounder.  When I updated and lost my list of "Partners" I emailed the USGA and heard back in 3 minutes!  They told me to take it up with my state association.

7 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Well, they're really only rolling it out in the USGA areas, but that's still a big thing.  And I bet that GHIN had more traffic in the past few hours than at any time in its history, as we all try to find out what the new version is like.

Actually, as a smart move, they should have rolled it out to the areas that are in their active season, and let us be the guinea pigs, and flush out the bugs. People that can't post for another 2-3 months would have a much smoother ride.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Mine went from 7.9 to 8.1.  The recent scores were pretty consistent so going from 10 to 8 didn't change things much but removing the 0.96 factor did, by 0.2 overall. No biggie.  My app (NCGA) is not available to download yet in the App store, so I posted online and my course was not available for HBH posting, so I just entered the total (no net double bogey adjustment needed)...

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

1 hour ago, Rkrider99 said:

Actually, as a smart move, they should have rolled it out to the areas that are in their active season, and let us be the guinea pigs, and flush out the bugs. People that can't post for another 2-3 months would have a much smoother ride.

The problem is that you can still post scores to your handicap even if your state is inactive. If I go to Las Vegas and play, I would have to post that score even though Colorado is inactive. 

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I'll have to wait until tomorrow, Maryland (MSGA) is down until 7 January doing updates.

Gus
---------------

I am in Canada and it won't be updated until January 8th.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

seems like most are going up.  I'll have to check mine in a few days when they update them in canada

3-pw 2007 callaway x-forged
56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16
Shoes - Etonic stabilite sport

Mine went down from 13.0 to 12.7. Alas, I won't get to post until April unless I go south this winter.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!