• Up 2.0 or more
    • Up 1.0 to 1.9
    • Up 0.5 to 0.9
    • between -0.4 and +0.4
    • down 0.5 to 0.9
    • down 1.0 to 1.9
    • down 2.0 or more

Mine stayed the same 9.7 to 9.7.

I too received an email from our Pro stating that the GHIN system is down and that the GHIN people are working on it.

As an old IT guy, I figured that trying to roll out a world wide system in one day was next to impossible. Way too many things to go wrong.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How to Use Indexes vs. indices Correctly – Grammarist ↪ What does Indexes vs. indices mean? Learn the definition of Indexes vs. indices & other commonly used... They’re both a

With Argentinian System i played with 2 handicap at my home course from the tips. We don´t have index. With the new system i have 2.3 index and i will play with 1 handicap at my home course so a dif

It doesn’t matter.  The raw scores are irrelevant.  Only the differentials matter, and those remain the same, as calculated by the rules in effect at the time.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Rkrider99 said:

As an old IT guy, I figured that trying to roll out a world wide system in one day was next to impossible. Way too many things to go wrong.

Well, they're really only rolling it out in the USGA areas, but that's still a big thing.  And I bet that GHIN had more traffic in the past few hours than at any time in its history, as we all try to find out what the new version is like.

(edited)

An update, for me both the phone app and the website are up and allowing posting.  I checked a couple of courses in NC, and they DO have the data required for hole-by-hole posting ready to go.  Virginia is not as ready.  I haven't checked a lot of course, so I don't know it that's true for all, but the two I checked weren't ready to allow hole by hole posting.

Oops, let me edit this.  At least a few of the NC courses show the holes in what seems to be a random order.  They're not quite ready yet either.  Still, the data appears to be there.

Edited by DaveP043

I haven't played since April (injury) but I got .2 strokes better.  Perhaps if I don't play for 4 years I'll be scratch...

P.S.  I have the GHIN app for my phone and when I installed the app update I lost my entire list (40 - 50) of "partners" and their handicaps.  Even Donald Trump was on there.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

6 hours ago, iacas said:

It’s busy. People are pounding it.

I was a pounder.  When I updated and lost my list of "Partners" I emailed the USGA and heard back in 3 minutes!  They told me to take it up with my state association.

7 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Well, they're really only rolling it out in the USGA areas, but that's still a big thing.  And I bet that GHIN had more traffic in the past few hours than at any time in its history, as we all try to find out what the new version is like.

Actually, as a smart move, they should have rolled it out to the areas that are in their active season, and let us be the guinea pigs, and flush out the bugs. People that can't post for another 2-3 months would have a much smoother ride.

Mine went from 7.9 to 8.1.  The recent scores were pretty consistent so going from 10 to 8 didn't change things much but removing the 0.96 factor did, by 0.2 overall. No biggie.  My app (NCGA) is not available to download yet in the App store, so I posted online and my course was not available for HBH posting, so I just entered the total (no net double bogey adjustment needed)...

1 hour ago, Rkrider99 said:

Actually, as a smart move, they should have rolled it out to the areas that are in their active season, and let us be the guinea pigs, and flush out the bugs. People that can't post for another 2-3 months would have a much smoother ride.

The problem is that you can still post scores to your handicap even if your state is inactive. If I go to Las Vegas and play, I would have to post that score even though Colorado is inactive. 

• Like 1