IGNORED

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played my first round at the "home" course today.  After a terrible start, I was able to collect pars on five holes, including the tough 18th.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

- John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had a repeat birdie and many pars today, and missed 3 birdies within 6 feet, one day I'll learn how to put on aerated greens.

• Like 1

Gus
---------------

Hole 5. (12 done of 18)

IMG_1875.jpeg.dbd9804b762a756753547ce0c49e11d9.jpeg

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Another round with 3 birdies, on the home course. Repeated birdie on #3 (close, to 3.5 ft above the hole) and #12 (stiffed to a couple feet), and added #2 (long par 3, right past the hole, putting uphill from 9ft). I had a couple more good looks but they didn't go. Still hunting for my first 4-birdies day...

Edited by sjduffers

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Have now moved back to playing my home course temporarily, thanks to the quarantine.  Played a couple of rounds last week and so far have birdied the 14th hole.  A 500 yard par 5 dogleg right.  Off the tee with a driver and faded onto the 12th fairway.  From there a 4 hybrid and I was within 50 yards of the green.  Not a great shot from there but was on the fringe of the green, probably 10 feet from the pin.  A great putt and my first birdie for this challenge.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I managed 3 birdies today, including the first this year on hole 11.  I only have 4 holes remaining:  #6, 200 yards par 3, pretty tough, #8, 422 downhill par 4, tougher, #9, 315 sharp dogleg par 4 I'm surprised I haven't got this one already, and #14, 420 downhill par 4.   

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator

Birdied 12, 14, and 18 at a course not my home course, so I was able to get to 11 birdies in six rounds by adding holes 12 and 18 today to the "away course/composite" tab.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Made a birdie on the 5th hole today at the Links at Firestone Farms. With a gallery :-)

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Played my first round at my home course on Friday.   League play has been delayed due to Covid.  however, League starts this wednesday, so I'll be there every week going forward.  

Anyways..   Picked up 2 birdies.   

Hole #3 - 

worst hole on the course.   Short par 4, with a big tree right in the middle of the fairway.  was sure to get a bird on this hole at some point this summer, as the fairway left of the big tree is severe downhill and slopes towards the green.   tee shots left of the big tree tend to roll up on the green.   just needed the lucky tee shot that squeezed between the tree and the woods to the left.   just happened to get it on the first try. 

image.thumb.png.342795be65997f8fd548034ce0747036.png

Hole #17

This is one of the 3 holes I feared would stop me from completing this challenge.    Long Par 4, prevailing wind almost always in your face (though not today, right to left crosswind).   
I don't recall hitting a better 6-iron that this one.   191yds out of light rough to a back pin.  11ft away and drained the putt.  

image.thumb.png.0554ff36b63bb8ae6daab2e7f25ad267.png

Edited by lastings

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Added myself to this challenge. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Made two birdies today, neither of them repeats, which is great news for me! Made the first on the par-3 3rd after hitting a PW to about eight feet, the second on the 12th hole, another par-3, after hitting a 7I to about 12ft. I also came really close to two more. Nearly made a 20-footer for birdie on the fifth hole, and came up a roll short of one on the tenth hole (which would’ve been another repeat).

That’s five birdies now. I think I can complete this challenge. The only hole I might not birdie, if I don’t complete it, is our thirteenth hole, a long and narrow par-4. But I’m confident that I can do it before December 31. Just need a few more days where I get two or three birdies in a round, one or more of them new ones. I’m giving myself good looks, but I just need to start rolling the rock better.

Edited by dagolfer18
  • Thumbs Up 1

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Played last night, added 1 birdie and 1 par, so only 14 more birdies to go.  I was bouncing between the White (6123) and Blue (6416) tee's, but decided the last couple of rounds that i will stick to the Blue tee's at my home course.

Gus
---------------

Played again this evening, only good thing about the round is I knocked one more birdie of the list on one of the par 5's.

Gus
---------------

I've had a couple of good rounds this past week make 3 birds last Thursday and 5 birds yesterday.
Crossed out 3 more on the list with only 2 holes left to conquer ...  :whistle:

• Like 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I’m finally getting this going. Got another birdie today, this one on the sixth hole. It’s a short par-4, about 322 from the blue tees where we played.

I only had about 70 left after crushing a drive, and I hit a wedge about 35 feet long, which is bad on that hole because the green slopes severely back to front. But I managed to curl it in the right side of the cup. That’s now 6/18. Still a long way to go,  and the only really tough hole I’ve birdied is the par-3 12th, which I crossed off on Monday.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

• Administrator

I birdied… 1 and 8 today. Both duplicates of holes I'd already birdied on the non-WW holes before.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Birdied 11 today playing with @Divot Master. Hit one of the only good drives I hit all day to the right side of a split fairway that gave me a great angle into a long but narrow green with a false front. Hit a pitch shot cleanly but long, 15' past the hole, then made the putt.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Played Whispering Woods today and birdied #3. Hit a good drive on the left side of the fairway, then a 3W that just missed the green right. Pitched it to 10" for a tap-in.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!