IGNORED

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 1122 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sad because I wont be able to start for like another 3 months probably (gotta love Michigan) but I love this idea! Unfortunately there are 3 holes on my "home" course that I am yet to birdie in my 4 year golf career and will probably take a lot of luck even if my game is in a good place to make it happen. They are all in a row 15, 16, 17 I have only seen one of them birdied by an individual and that was a chip in and we struggle to birdie them even in our 4 man scrambles sooo lets just say confidence is low lol

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Forced myself to go out today, very wet but I am missing getting out to play. Only the back open due to so much water on the front you can't get down #1. Played silver tees 1 time and birdied #18. Played blue second time but 16 and 18 did me in. I guess with this new hcap system, a net double bogey on a par 5 that I get a stroke on means I can now take an 8 !!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Forced myself to go out today, very wet but I am missing getting out to play. Only the back open due to so much water on the front you can't get down #1. Played silver tees 1 time and birdied #18. Played blue second time but 16 and 18 did me in. I guess with this new hcap system, a net double bogey on a par 5 that I get a stroke on means I can now take an 8 !!!

Managed to get out for 9 today too.  Trying again tomorrow for more.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Well, only one birdie today but it was a good one, checked off #10. Three more birdies needed with probably three more rounds left in the month.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Well, I have still only played 3 rounds, and none of them have been on my home course. Hoping that a good weather weekend day will come soon so I can at least put something on the sheet.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

We’re almost a month into this challenge, and it’s not looking good for me so far. Probably three or four rounds so far in 2020, two I remember at my home course. No birdies yet, and I’m probably not able to play until next weekend, for two reasons: 1) The course is probably going to be very wet both tomorrow and Sunday, because we just got a good amount of rain, and 2) School. Tomorrow and Sunday are gonna be practice days, probably an hour and a half to two hours each day. 

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Got my first today! It was a pretty easy hole to birdie, but good to start it off right. 

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

12 hours ago, mvmac said:

Well, only one birdie today but it was a good one, checked off #10. Three more birdies needed with probably three more rounds left in the month.

You already checked off more holes in a month than I'll probably get all year :cry:

GL Mike!

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I'll give it a shot.

I know from my golfshot app that at my home course I birdie 1% of the holes (all rounds, going back about 9 years) to 2% (last 20 rounds as of end of October).  That's an average of one birdie every 3 rounds (at 2%) to 5 rounds (at 1%).  First mentally try to tick off a par for each hole and then see how many birdies accumulate along the way.

There are a couple of holes that I consider par a very good score, and maybe have only birdied once or twice.  Others I have birdied quite a few times. I'll see how it goes. :-)

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Since it would take me FOREVER to do the birdie challenge, I made it the par challenge. First round on my home course, 4 pars, all on the front and shot 93.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Two birdies today and checked off #4, my nemesis hole! Changed my strategy and hit 3-wood off the tee instead of driver.

Two more birdies and two more rounds to go. Honestly, I'd be really surprised if I birdie 8 and 14 in the next two rounds but I'll be trying hard. Pretty cool I've gotten this far 😎

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator

Click in the empty row at the end and add yourself.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 minutes ago, Sammydreep said:

Sorry, still cant do it, Clicked on row 45 , tried the No , row A row X various other blank rows, nothing happens

Are you using a phone or computer? I know I can’t get it to work on my phone for some reason but I entered with a computer. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Well I made a rash decision and decided to play my 4th round of the year today. It was about 35 degrees when I started and it didn't get much warmer than that. Here are a few select pictures from my round.

1.) Icy green number 3

2.) Looking back up number 12. This hole was played at around 165 yards today, and is probably 70 feet or more down hill. Hit a 7 iron just right but the wind didn't bring it back how I expected.

3.) The closest thing I saw to sunshine.

4.) Catching my breath after a severely uphill walk to the tee box on 18.

5.) My scorecard, which was surprisingly ok considering the weather conditions. Starting out with 4 double bogey 6s wasn't the best, but I hadn't played in a couple of weeks, so some rust need to be knocked off.

20200126_133429.jpg

20200126_141131.jpg

20200126_143929.jpg

20200126_145815.jpg

20200126_152613.jpg

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Four birdies today, all repeats. One more round for the month.

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 1122 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!