IGNORED

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 1119 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Finally, a birdie! Played nine holes today, got the bird on the ninth!

• Like 2

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Two more rounds this weekend, birdie best on Sunday (6) and 3 on Saturday for four new holes checked. I´m 6 holes to go after 6 rounds in 2020. 

I think I have played four 18 hole rounds so far...a couple 9 holes. I have knocked off 6 holes so far.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Still pretty wet out so we only have the back 9 open.  Played it twice yesterday but no birdies. Played twice again today and managed a bird on #10 and it was good enough for a skin to boot.

all right... manage to get all of the bogeys cleared off the spreadsheet, at least.  Two new birdies, up to 5 now in three rounds.  Amazing that I made 3 birdies with 35 putts yesterday... 

• Administrator

Did you do it, @mvmac?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 1/29/2020 at 5:13 PM, Sammydreep said:

Another round another two birds!

If you birdie the same hole multiple times do you keep taking -1 off the tally for the hole?

And another two yesterday,

I have now birdied one hole 4 or 5 times, do I keep taking one off the tally?

Thanks.

7 hours ago, iacas said:

Did you do it, @mvmac?

Nope.

Birdied the 8th but not 14. So, twelve rounds in Jan, birdied 17 out of 18 holes.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Sammydreep said:

And another two yesterday,

I have now birdied one hole 4 or 5 times, do I keep taking one off the tally?

No. Every hole.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 1/26/2020 at 12:51 AM, mvmac said:

Two birdies today and checked off #4, my nemesis hole! Changed my strategy and hit 3-wood off the tee instead of driver.

Two more birdies and two more rounds to go. Honestly, I'd be really surprised if I birdie 8 and 14 in the next two rounds but I'll be trying hard. Pretty cool I've gotten this far 😎

That's ridiculous. You need a monthly birdie challenge. 😊👍

Vishal S.

In January, I had 7 other birdies on 6 different holes in 7 rounds, besides the one birdie I recorded in the spreadsheet, at courses different than the one I picked for this challenge.  Oh, well...

Too bad I don't have one at #14 anywhere, as I would have gladly given it to @mvmac to complete his monthly challenge, lol!

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

New month, four birdies today. Got a couple good ones out of the way on 10 & 12.

20 hours ago, GolfLug said:

That's ridiculous. You need a monthly birdie challenge. 😊👍

Yep that's what @iacas challenged me to.

6 hours ago, sjduffers said:

Too bad I don't have one at #14 anywhere, as I would have gladly given it to @mvmac to complete his monthly challenge, lol!

lol thanks! Hopefully get it soon.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I’m in. Having trouble editing the Google doc from my phone, but I will put my info in very shortly.

Sadly, despite living in sunny SoCal, I have yet to play a round at my home course in 2020 and just played my first round anywhere last Friday.

I have tabulated this in my head on a historical basis but never over a single year. Should be fun

Played my first round for 2020. I played well but is was very windy!

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

1st bird after about a 5 year layoff. 3rd hole on the Dolphin course. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Note: This thread is 1119 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!