LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Could that players be Bubba? 

No.

And no, I'm not just going to respond to every Masters champ. 😉

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Honestly that was the only one who came to mind. His name has come up a bit for the LiV

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

23 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Could that players be Bubba? 

I heard the NLU guys mention Danny Willett. No idea of their source or the validity of the statement.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

6 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

How are you ever going to know all the benefits of the Stealth driver?!

Good one, Oh Caffeinated One! I guess when my buddies on the course won't stop saying that I need one of those cause it's gonna give me 17 more yards, again ... and again?

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Like I've said… I've heard a Masters champ who was planning to go to LIV asked Augusta National and was told he wouldn't be allowed back on the grounds. That means so much to him he changed his mind on going to LIV.

Interesting thing is Mickelson seems really confident ins his public statements that all the majors will allow him to play. Also interesting that he wore the logo of Augusta today. Daring them to ban him I guess? Not sure what that's about. 

• Administrator

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Suspensions have begun:

220609144746-phil-mickelson-dustin-johns

Following the start of the inaugural LIV Golf event near London on Thursday, PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan announced that all golfers playing in the breakaway series have been notified that they are suspended and...

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Suspensions have begun:

220609144746-phil-mickelson-dustin-johns

Following the start of the inaugural LIV Golf event near London on Thursday, PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan announced that all golfers playing in the breakaway series have been notified that they are suspended and...

Yeah, we know:

Now I dont know if LIV ever gets there but I simply wish professional golf had a better structure that was more international. I really enjoy how theATP is organized. Globe trotting with events that feel important that get everyone to show up. I also love the variety of countries and cultures the ATP goes to.

I still think there are far too few events where everyone shows up to which is I dont really watch the Tour beyond a few events.

Edited by cutchemist42

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

17 more yards?!  I'm in.

I mean they did tell you that you got 40yds more…

I feel like I’m still trying to figure out how I feel about it all. I care about the game, first and foremost. This divide is certainly not good for the game. Is LIV good for the game? Certainly its creator and what they stand for, is horrible for the game. But if people don’t look for that, idk. The PGA Tour did need an awakening. Now that they have it, what happens next?

• Like 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

Now I dont know if LIV ever gets there but I simply wish professional golf had a better structure that was more international. I really enjoy how theATP is organized. Globe trotting with events that feel important that get everyone to show up. I also love the variety of countries and cultures the ATP goes to.

I still think there are far too few events where everyone shows up to which is I dont really watch the Tour beyond a few events.

So…

• You want events to be held all around the world (hey, screw the European Tour!) and…
  • You also want the top players to show up more often.

Those are almost opposed to each other.

much like I did on the flight to the 2015 Newport Cup, I am going so far down the bend of "this is hopeless and sad" that I've started taking solace in what feels like the inevitable crash (and boy was I sure that plane was gonna crash)

a real thought I just had: "if this is the end of the PGA Tour, at least Tiger went out as the last great player" 

lmao

on a more normal note, I am trying to imagine a golf world that does actually become better from this, and it involves a lot of state opens being elevated to national tournaments and a season-ending four week long matchplay tournament, like the NCCAs 

Edited by jbishop15

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I just checked the leaderboard of the LIV event. Lol. It's not better than the Canadian Open. Please with this shit. An "all-star tour" and you can't beat the leaderboard of an average summer PGA Tour event. GTFO

Things can change of course. If they become the primary tour, I'll watch. With all their blood money. 

Edited by Aguirre

"Witty golf quote."

I figure LIV has 3 years to demonstrate that it will be a viable option.  At that point it needs to be able to bring in the best young players that will only be on the LIV tour.  I'm sure they are already looking at who to go after.  As an example only, I'm not saying anything more than that... Depending on how Little John does in college, he might be an addition that brings along his Dad's fans.

That is typically how new leagues move forward, establish, and then sign high profile young players before they join the old league/organization.  Once you get enough of the right names that are exclusively yours, you have leverage.

The players they are getting now are not going to break the PGA.

John

If, say, the Phoenix Open wanted to be a LIV event, could they do so? Does the PGA Tour own the tournaments?

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert