IGNORED

Is Golf Available Where You Live? (COVID-19 Edition)

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 1152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

COVID-19 and Golf  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Are golf courses near you open for play? (Please change your vote as the situation changes.)

• Almost all are open.
    • Some golf courses are still open for play.
    • No golf courses near me are open for play due to COVID-19.
  2. 2. What modifications have golf courses that are open for play made? Select all that apply.

• Limited restaurant/pro shop/clubhouse access.
    • No indoor access at all.
    • Removed ball washers and/or rakes from the course.
    • Tee times spaced further apart.
    • Carts limited to single riders.
    • No carts at all - walking only.
    • Raised cups or foam or PVC inserts to minimize contact with the flagstick/hole.
    • Plentiful hand sanitizer solutions.
    • Only members can play - course is closed to guests.
    • Contact reduced or eliminated - payments handled solely online or by phone.
    • Modifications to group size - twosomes only, threesomes only, family members only, etc.
    • Course is closed.

Golf slow rolled reopening in Jersey yesterday. Im sure that's been posted already. Two-somes only 16 minutes apart,Β prepaid tee times. No walk ups.Β 

I wasn't able to get a time anywhere close this weekend but ive heard about some chaos. People just walking up without a time anyway. Two-somes blending into foursomes a few holes in. Crap the course staff had to take time to police. If dipshits like that keep pushing everyones luck with that type of behavior the courses will just get shut down again.Β 

18 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

Our grill is take out only, and the pro shop has installed a plexiglass shield on the counter, and placed marks on the floor to promote proper distancing. One rider per cart. Bathrooms in clubhouse and on course are open.

The only proper distancing in golf is having a 6 inch putt for par.

I changed my vote. As of now, all golf courses are open, but to members only.
No access to locker rooms, bars, shops, etc. No more than 3 people per flight and 10 minutes between tee-times. Also, no ball-washers, benches or rakes.

In two weeks those restrictions will probably be (partially) lifted, depending on how the numbers look by then.

Golf is one of the few outdoor-sports that are allowed from today; for example, tennis (no doubles) and fishing are allowed also. Most other sports are still forbidden.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

May 4; while our course has been open since the beginning (golf is essential in Florida) they are relaxing the rules starting today. Driving range and putting green is now open. The clubhouse restaurant is reopening at 25% occupancy. All restrooms are open. Still keeping the foam in the cups, no rakes in the bunkers, no ball washers, or water coolers.

Yesterday, there was a couple that were playing in front of us. Watched as they grabbed the flagstick, pulled it out and dropped it on the green. Finished their putting, and replaced the flagstick. Caught up to them on the second tee and told them that they were not supposed to touch the flagstick. They looked at me, shrugged, and we watched them pull each flagstick out for the next 17 holes. Idiots!

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

I played four times in the last week. This WFH thing is great.Β 

Anyway, yesterday was the first day they were allowing carts out. The state FAQ does not allow carts, but the county prosecutor interpreted that to be invalid and allowed courses in the county to go ahead with carts so long as they are only shared by members of the same household. The cups were still raised and all ball washers, etc were out of service.Β 

The experience is completely different based on county. The course I played Friday had no flagsticks, and you paid by dropping money into a drop box. The one I played last week was fully open (clubhouse, flagsticks, regular cups, etc.) but no carts.Β 

- Mark

18 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I'm assuming all the bathrooms are closed at courses that are open and the outdoors is just one giant porto-potty now right?

Most courses here have their bathrooms open. I read of one that closed their bathrooms. Makes no sense to me, though, people still need to use them. You shouldn’t go 4 hours without peeing...

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

1 hour ago, Braivo said:

I played four times in the last week. This WFH thing is great.Β 

Anyway, yesterday was the first day they were allowing carts out. The state FAQ does not allow carts, but the county prosecutor interpreted that to be invalid and allowed courses in the county to go ahead with carts so long as they are only shared by members of the same household. The cups were still raised and all ball washers, etc were out of service.Β 

The experience is completely different based on county. The course I played Friday had no flagsticks, and you paid by dropping money into a drop box. The one I played last week was fully open (clubhouse, flagsticks, regular cups, etc.) but no carts.Β 

Curious, are you in Monroe County or Wayne (or another)?Β  In Washtenaw the only carts I have seen are those with a disability exception and pre-arranged with the club.

Brian Kuehn

18 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I'm assuming all the bathrooms are closed at courses that are open and the outdoors is just one giant porto-potty now right?

Nope.Β  All the courses I've played had club house restrooms open (but not the pro shop), and all outdoor restrooms open.Β  With hand sanitizer dispensers.Β 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex:Β EZone BladesΒ (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron: Β 2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

46 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Most courses here have their bathrooms open. I read of one that closed their bathrooms. Makes no sense to me, though, people still need to use them. You shouldn’t go 4 hours without peeing...

Β 

3 minutes ago, Yukari said:

Nope.Β  All the courses I've played had club house restrooms open (but not the pro shop), and all outdoor restrooms open.Β  With hand sanitizer dispensers.Β 

All of the trees are still open at my course.

- Shane

2 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Β 

All of the trees are still open at my course.

As are at my courses.Β  But they don't have hand sanitizer dispensers.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex:Β EZone BladesΒ (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron: Β 2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

19 hours ago, nevets88 said:

At my course, the clubhouse and pro shop are closed and therefore so are the restrooms.Β  There are two port-johns on the course that I think are unlocked.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, β€œexcept golfers."Β 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

20 hours ago, Cartboy said:

It's strange how some courses/areas are soΒ  busy that it's hard to get a tee times while other courses/areas don't hardly have any business at all.

Mask

Β 

Every tee time for tomorrow is available at this top-notch course, even with reduced fees:

https://www.golfnow.com/tee-times/facility/4366-branson-hills-golf-club/search#sortby=Date&view=Grouping&holes=3&timeperiod=3&timemax=42&timemin=10&players=0&pricemax=10000&pricemin=0

On 5/2/2020 at 8:12 PM, jmanbooyaa said:

@cooke119Β what the hell happened to West Saville. What a s@&thole. The fairway was essential the rough. The greensΒ slowest ever. Terrible shape. Shame the course used to be really nice.Β 

I don't know, I played there like a month agoΒ and itΒ was OK. I know they have been closed for a while, I have to talk to Bobby and see what is going on. I play there all the time given I live in Sayville.

Β 

2 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Curious, are you in Monroe County or Wayne (or another)?Β  In Washtenaw the only carts I have seen are those with a disability exception and pre-arranged with the club.

Monroe County. Apparently the county prosecutor told businesses he would not prosecute for violations of the governor's order, so many are not following the state orders.Β 

• Upvote 1

- Mark

23 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Monroe County. Apparently the county prosecutor told businesses he would not prosecute for violations of the governor's order, so many are not following the state orders.Β 

Thanks.Β  Good to know if my buddy with a bad back wants to play.Β  He has to have a cart and is not currently eligible for an ADA exception.

Personally, I don't like the patch work approach the Mitten's counties take with enforcementΒ or non-enforcement of the Governor's orders.Β  Someone driving through Monroe might see carts on the course and then return home to Genesee County and have -0- access to carts.Β  Residents are confused and angry already.Β  Inconsistencies from one county to another just make things worse.

• Like 3

Brian Kuehn

Courses are reopening on the 18th of May here. I can't wait. Clubhouse etc will be closed afaik.

I played today in Perry, MI.Β  Β The course allowed golf carts but was restricted to family members.Β  Our foursome took 4 carts.Β  Genesee County still forbids carts.

• Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.Β Β  I'm Denny

Note:Β This thread is 1152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!