IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'm quoting this from another site. It's not my writing, but I lean toward agreement:

More and more as time passes, and nearly no one is having adverse reaction to the first rounds of the vaccine just validates that statement. 

Right now, the pro's list is about 10x longer than the cons list for the vaccine. Really, the cons list is only valid for those with certain medical conditions. For the vast majority of people, the pros list is infinitely larger than the cons list. 

Yea, at this point I think people are just stuck in the mode of validating their initial choice. I partially blame them and I partially blame the people who are belligerent to them. Why would they ever want to validate those people by getting the vaccine.

To me, this whole situation is just sad really.  

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'm quoting this from another site. It's not my writing, but I lean toward agreement:

I agree as well, unfortunately it pretty much says it all.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:18 PM, Shorty said:

understand the need to protect what people perceive to be their freedoms,

I always felt that my freedoms end when they may harm another and vice-versa.  However it rarely seems to work that way.

Edited by StuM

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Those who haven’t gotten a vaccine by now simply have a distorted, uninformed , and/or profoundly stubborn disregard for the greater good. It’s exhausting to hear the mindsets of them. You wouldn’t believe what I hear on a daily basis. Ignorance is a powerful cult.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
2021-07-27T184401Z_891812226_RC26TO9G7FR

Occasional breakthroughs are expected with any vaccine, but more transmissible variants...

Now the choices of the unvaccinated are affecting those who have done the right thing.

It’s now more like smoking where your “personal choices“ affect more than you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

"With the delta variant taking off around the U.S., the federal government Tuesday updated its masking guidelines for fully vaccinated people.

The new advice is to mask up indoors if you live in a place with "substantial" or "high" coronavirus transmission. (The guidance for people who are unvaccinated remains the same: Always mask up indoors.)"

Check your county's transmission rates:

screen-shot-2021-07-28-at-1.46.10-pm_wid

The CDC wants vaccinated people to wear masks indoors if the coronavirus is spreading widely where they live. Find out the level of virus transmission in your county.

And, this was interesting:

"A week after the crowds descended upon Provincetown, Massachusetts, to celebrate the Fourth of July -- the holiday President Joe Biden hoped would mark the nation's liberation from COVID-19 -- the manager of the Cape Cod beach town said he was aware of "a handful of positive COVID cases among folks" who spent time there.

"We are in touch with the Health Department and Outer Cape Health Services and are closely monitoring the data," Alex Morse told reporters.

The announcement wasn't unusual with roughly half of the country still unvaccinated and flare-ups of the virus popping up in various states.

But within weeks, health officials seemed to be on to something much bigger. The outbreak quickly grew to the hundreds and most of them appeared to be vaccinated.

As of Thursday, 882 people were tied to the Provincetown outbreak. Among those living in Massachusetts, 74% of them were fully immunized, yet officials said the vast majority were also reporting symptoms. Seven people were reported hospitalized.

The initial findings of the investigation led by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, in conjunction with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, seemed to have huge implications.

Before Provincetown, health officials had been operating under the assumption that it was extraordinarily rare for a vaccinated person to become infected with the virus. And if they did, they probably wouldn't end up passing it on to others, such as children too young to qualify for the vaccine or people who were medically vulnerable.

The idea that vaccines halt transmission of the virus was largely behind the CDC's decision in May suggesting vaccinated people could safely go without their masks indoors and in crowds, even if others were unvaccinated.

But that assumption had been based on studies of earlier versions of the virus. Delta was known for its "hyper-transmissibility," or as one former White House adviser put it "COVID on steroids."

"What has changed is the virus," said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert and Biden's chief medical adviser.

When a vaccinated person gets infected with delta -- called a "breakthrough infection" -- "the level of virus in their nasopharynx is about 1,000 times higher than with the alpha variant," Fauci said in an interview Wednesday with MSNBC.

All indications now are that the Provincetown outbreak investigation is among the pieces of new evidence behind the CDC's decision to ask Americans to once again put on their masks indoors, even if they are vaccinated."

provincetown-covid-sign-gty-jt-210729_16

The CDC's mask decision followed stunning findings from a Cape Cod beach outbreak. The viral load of vaccinated beachgoers changed what we know about the delta variant.

On 7/28/2021 at 10:13 PM, Vinsk said:

Those who haven’t gotten a vaccine by now simply have a distorted, uninformed , and/or profoundly stubborn disregard for the greater good. It’s exhausting to hear the mindsets of them. You wouldn’t believe what I hear on a daily basis. Ignorance is a powerful cult.

I think it’s even worse than what you describe.   I live in an area where people are cheering that there will be no mask mandates and they like to rub it in peoples faces.   They are literally trying to own people who are taking it seriously.   I mean, people are just disgusting.  I can’t even muster anything in me to feel remotely sorry for people like that, nor have anything to do with them.  

3 hours ago, iacas said:
2021-07-27T184401Z_891812226_RC26TO9G7FR

Occasional breakthroughs are expected with any vaccine, but more transmissible variants...

Now the choices of the unvaccinated are affecting those who have done the right thing.

It’s now more like smoking where your “personal choices“ affect more than you.

I’m sure there were lots of people in generations past who took the easy way out and did the wrong things in prior pandemics and war times, but that’s not terribly easy to find in history books.  Books will be written about how people not only killed themselves, but in their twisted belief that they are “protecting their freedoms” they are stripping them away from others.   

I have 2 kids under the age of twelve.   With Delta allowed to become dominant because “people want to live their best life” (at others expense), they now are scared to go back to school (and the idiot system won’t do remote learning this year), won’t be able to travel and see their grandparents* , and can do less than 3 months ago.   Nice job folks.

* their grandparents are total a-holes though, so I won’t shed a tear.

—Adam

@imsys0042 just @ David next time.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Bleak.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

“Being part of the solution didn’t fit my world view, so I decided to be part of the problem”

@David in FL

”I sent you two boats and a helicopter”

—Adam

On 7/25/2021 at 12:46 PM, saevel25 said:

A co-worker's wife got COVID (tested positive) and he basically didn't social distance at all (even not sleeping in a different bed). He never got symptoms. He never got tested, but what are the odds he didn't catch it with knowing a lot of people didn't show symptoms? He should have gotten tested to decide if he should get the vaccine. 

Yea, most fears are unwarranted when looked at from a logical perspective. 

I know your post was a few days ago, but one point to clarify (unless I misunderstood you): even if a person was previously infected, they should be vaccinated.

Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.

If you were treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure what treatments you received or if you have more questions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

If you or your child has a history of multisystem inflammatory syndrome in adults or children (MIS-A or MIS-C), consider delaying vaccination until you or your child have recovered from being sick and for 90 days after the date of diagnosis of MIS-A or MIS-C. Learn more about the clinical considerations people with a history of multisystem MIS-C or MIS-A.

Experts are still learning more about how long vaccines protect against COVID-19. CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.

From https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

5 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

“Being part of the solution didn’t fit my world view, so I decided to be part of the problem”

@David in FL

”I sent you two boats and a helicopter”

Thanks, but I don’t need any of them. I’m just fine.

Appreciate the thought though.  👍

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

5 hours ago, David in FL said:

Thanks, but I don’t need any of them. I’m just fine.

Appreciate the thought though.  👍

Typhoid Mary never got sick either.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

It looking more and more like Michigan is going to be going back to masks required.   Nothing official yet but several counties have such a huge uptick that they are recommended that masks be worn for everyone.   MSU and UM have now made requirements for all staff, facility and students be vaccinated.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

6 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

It looking more and more like Michigan is going to be going back to masks required.   Nothing official yet but several counties have such a huge uptick that they are recommended that masks be worn for everyone.   MSU and UM have now made requirements for all staff, facility and students be vaccinated.  

It’s going to come down to companies and non-government institutions to make things better.  Our political system, and politics, are too fractured for cooperation.  I even think a blanket federal mandate has big issues.  We don’t need everyone vaccinated, just more than we have.   I’m fine to have a solid 10% of people who don’t get it because they think Bill Gates is microchip happy, or it’s going to turn you into a Mole person.   Or whatever morons whose sandwich count is well short of a picnic.

—Adam

• Administrator
7 hours ago, David in FL said:

I’m just fine.

It’s not about only you.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

It’s not about only you.

D72D1F1F-6EB1-4F19-83A1-61ABBB94DEB0.thumb.jpeg.056edd834f82bbbf25182a77e07e5e9d.jpeg

If he changes his mind, I’ve lined up some resources.

—Adam

• Administrator

“Yes, I’m vaccinated,” says NBA legend Charles Barkley. “Everybody should be vaccinated. Period.”

“The only people who are not vaccinated are just assholes,” he says.

The 58-year-old NBA Hall-of-Famer says he personally thinks sports leagues should force players to get vaccinated. “Can you imagine if one of these guys that are not vaccinated, if they get one of these players’ kids, wives, girlfriends, moms and dads sick and they die over some unnecessary conspiracy bullshit,” Barkley says. “I think that would be tragic.”

106256566-1574275114172gettyimages-11517

NBA legend Charles Barkley on whether sports leagues should require athletes to get vaccinated.

1 minute ago, imsys0042 said:

D72D1F1F-6EB1-4F19-83A1-61ABBB94DEB0.thumb.jpeg.056edd834f82bbbf25182a77e07e5e9d.jpeg

If he changes his mind, I’ve lined up some resources.

He was (properly) given a trolling warning by our moderator while I was driving to State College. So he won’t be posting for a little while.

You can have your own opinion. You don’t get your own reality, though. And there’s only so much stupid and selfishness we can take here.

original.gif

In the United States, this pandemic could be almost over by now. The reasons it’s still going are pretty...