IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Ok, I see your point, the quote had a different meaning then I interpreted. I don't think it's worth spending any more time on. My mistake.

Okay. I think a few of us were just confused and trying to figure out what you were trying to say.

All good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, iacas said:

Okay. I think a few of us were just confused and trying to figure out what you were trying to say.

All good.

Thanks, no harm meant.:-)

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

• Administrator
original.jpg

Too many people imagine the fight against COVID-19 as a land war to be waged with sudsy hand-to-hand combat against grimy surfaces.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

210213-vaccine-mn-1510_755a5b32a7280d89b

There are two cases each in Yamhill and Lane counties, the state's Health Authority said.

Breakthrough cases occurred during clinical trials, too. Just a friendly reminder that just because you’re vaccinated, doesn’t mean you’re immune. You can still contract and transmit this virus.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

13 minutes ago, billchao said:

There are two cases each in Yamhill and Lane counties, the state's Health Authority said.

Breakthrough cases occurred during clinical trials, too. Just a friendly reminder that just because you’re vaccinated, doesn’t mean you’re immune. You can still contract and transmit this virus.

What it does appear to mean, though, is that - if you do catch it - your case is most likely going to be much, much milder than if you'd caught it while unvaccinated.

21 minutes ago, billchao said:

There are two cases each in Yamhill and Lane counties, the state's Health Authority...

Yep, still wear you mask and social distance. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

14 minutes ago, Zippo said:

What it does appear to mean, though, is that - if you do catch it - your case is most likely going to be much, much milder than if you'd caught it while unvaccinated.

Yes. I think that’s what they’ve been saying about it all along.

I’m sure there will be a certain segment of the population that’s going to look at this and say, “See! The vaccine doesn’t work!”

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I know someone who has had both shots and currently has all the symptoms. I don't know if he has been tested yet. I was next him a bit on Wednesday, his last day before quarantine. We had masks on and are both vaccinated though.

Edited by The Flush

War Eagle!

1 minute ago, The Flush said:

I know someone who has had both shots and currently has all the symptoms. I don't know if he has been tested yet.

How long ago was the second shot?

Bill

My Swing Thread

Just now, The Flush said:

I think 3 weeks for him, 2 for me.

He should get tested then. Probably one of these breakthrough cases.

Hope your friend is well.

Bill

My Swing Thread

It's been only 4 days since my 2nd Pfizer shot, so these posts are good info to me. Naysayers have got to keep in mind that even with the yearly flu vaccine people still contract the flu. Also, the flu symptoms are often much less for the vaccinated individuals. 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Over 41 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through February 7, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 1,170 reports of death (0.003%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records findings revealed no link with vaccination. CDC and FDA will continue to investigate reports of adverse events, including deaths, reported to VAERS.

sm-your-health.jpg

Symptoms, testing, what to do if sick, daily activities, and more.

4 days of blizzard, then we drive 150 miles to get our second shots.

Best news in a year.

Edited by Ole Duffer

Man of the Year in Michigan 

This has been known for at least 6 months now. I got notification from a twitter feed I follow, she also does some very hard to follow podcasts (need to brush off a medical dictionary). The early testing showed a strong correlation between Vitamin D levels and severity of COVID. 

It's really sad that this isn't common knowledge by now. I've been making the comment about Vitamin D for a while now. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

This has been known for at least 6 months now. I got notification from a twitter feed I follow, she also does some very hard to follow podcasts (need to brush off a medical dictionary). The early testing showed a strong correlation between Vitamin D levels and severity of COVID. 

It's really sad that this isn't common knowledge by now. I've been making the comment about Vitamin D for a while now. 

Yep. This is why I start vitamin D every year in October until April. 

- Shane

11 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Yep. This is why I start vitamin D every year in October until April. 

As do I.   Of course in the land of perpetual cloudiness it wouldn't be a bad idea to do this year round!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny